Where's my steam license key

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ZOLLERMAN, Mar 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Comante

Comante Registered

Customer is not always to blame, but it appear quite so in THIS istance. Other people have come here with your same problem, but their attitude granted them a different treatment. Think about it. Often apologizing and asking for support works better than pretending and bitching, especially when money are involved.

Ernie, jayarrbee36 and GaetanL like this.
  2. ZOLLERMAN

ZOLLERMAN Registered

I've spoken to support and they say they cannot find the emails anywhere in there server. They also tried contacting the leg warehouse but were told they don't have a leg for them to stand on.

In any case, they apparently have "no capability" to provide license keys, which in all my years of support is the most poorest of excuses. There is always someone in a company which can accommodate the customer's wishes within reason, of which mine is most certainly within reason. However it seems all to convenient of an excuse in this industry which has no regulation whatsoever. And while saying this I don't believe studio-397 are as bad as half of them though.

I will however keep asking for my key in the forums until common sense prevails!

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Show them proof of original purchase and I'm sure they'll help you out.

4. Comante

Comante Registered

I think now the ball is in STEAM part of field, and I don't think they give a shit if he paid the software to a third party years ago.....

5. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

I just imagined myself working on client support.
    I'd be fired.
    Tim must be buddha himself :D

jayarrbee36 likes this.
  6. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I think in this situation, his email provider could have quite easily blocked it at a server level and never delivered it to him, which is the only direct method when the person isnt using social media or the software regularly enough to see any warnings since Nov 2015. So far I have had this with SOME hotmail/live users, and some blueyonder/ntl/virgin email.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/12/16/virgin_media_fesses_spam_email_fail/
    http://community.virginmedia.com/t5...-blocked-as-spam-at-ntlworld-com/td-p/3169121
    https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/03/06/virgin_customers_report_new_email_issues/

No need to see someone as entitled or otherwise, he's a victim of bad timing and an annoying ISP.

Ho3n3r, TJones and Guimengo like this.
  7. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Top-notch Tim, thankfully it's you handling people.

On the topic of email delivery, I actually don't know if i got the email for the switch, it may have only gone through one of my email addresses i had rf2 registrations.

8. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Not many people take being told no very well. So it doesn't really matter who is saying it, but obviously some aren't happy and they're OK to say so.

They were sent to current login emails, so obviously if those weren't changed it went to whatever you were logging in with. Same with steam keys. The only people I can help now the systems are disconnected are those who did request their keys when it was still connected, but didn't receive them for whatever reason... I can recover those.
    (And yes, everyone who has emailed, I checked for a key before replying to you).

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
  9. ZOLLERMAN

ZOLLERMAN Registered

My mailbox provider doesn't block anything, I get plenty of junk emails and they're always checked. I've got a few friends that also didn't get a key and they don't have the same provider, but maybe its more realistic that we all got hacked and they deleted only emails from studio 397 and no one else.

I've provided proof of purchase, and I don't see why it's not possible to provide me a key. These game keys are provided to all staff members for fun and they'll have some sort of allocation from steam. It's just easier to provide keys to some people and those that didn't get one, tell them bad luck.

kimikaze likes this.
  10. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Just buy it again in the next steam sale, much easier and cheaper with less drama!

GoldenBear likes this.
  11. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

This is so funny... A customer who helped fund this "great game", signed up last thursday!
    I can't even fathom the thickness here...

I understand the principle of not having to buy a game twice... But 16 months of staying uninformed about a "great game" of which one funded in the beginning... You have a bad case here, in my opinion.

As MarcG says... Get it again.

Put on your steam wishlist and you'll get notifications when it's on a sale so it'll be 15 euros or so (maybe even less)...

If you can't see that happening due to violating your principles and you insist on standing by those principles then I want to thank you for funding the game in the beginning and wish you all the best, because then you probably won't come back here anyway, that would be weird I'd say...

Have a nice life - and this is said with NO malice or sarcasm. But you seem to be standing by your principle - good on you, sincerely - but I don't see you being around here for much longer with that approach.

McFlex and MarcG like this.
  12. ZOLLERMAN

ZOLLERMAN Registered

I agree I can't fathom the thickness in your response either. The forums have changed since the takeover.

That's a good point you've made, if I was given my license key I wouldn't be on here again.

I agree with MarcG's point, I'm just trying to get my license key though :).

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

What's that got to do with anything? None of us had to re-register on this forum. But anyway, your forum registration date also has nothing to do with this; if you'd been on the forum previously you wouldn't have missed the steam migration. Silly arguments all around really.

By the way, they didn't send keys to some people and not others. They emailed 'all' license holders letting them know to switch to steam if they wanted. It was up to the user to go and transfer their license to a steam key, or not. Some chose not to, some didn't see it.

Now, what happens if the ISI side says ok, look, we'll manually liaise with S397 to transfer your license, and him, and her, and that guy there too - and then the game takes off, a whole bunch of people who didn't want steam decide hey, maybe it would be worth it, and they get bombarded with requests (largely from people who knew about Steam, decided against it, but now claim ignorance)? Who's paying for all that time? Or do you think they have thousands of spare keys they just keep for no one?

Tim's already pointed out that while you did fail to get the email, you also failed to notice anything regarding steam on any of the platforms you could have, including the game itself. And so did all your friends, apparently. That's very poor luck, but if the game moves ahead the way you're obviously hoping it might (since you've now popped up after relative inactivity for a period), it would be worth paying for. Or, you can not pay it, and go do something else. You were already there before anyway.

GoldenBear likes this.
  14. stonec

stonec Registered

It's up to ISI to provide you the transfer key if they want, you seem to be blaming S397 for what is in the hands of ISI only.

ISI is in no way obliged to help you, as ISI no longer owns rF2, so they don't get one cent from helping you, nor are you their customer any longer if you want the S397 product. Consider build 1098 the final product from ISI and the "S397 rF2" a new game, which you were given a free opportunity to migrate to (much like you got a free Windows 10 if you upgraded to it within the deadline).

GoldenBear and Ho3n3r like this.
  15. jpalesi

jpalesi Registered

Maybe, but they can also gain a pleased customer on their future projects (be it ISI or S397). Pissing off customers in an already small user base is maybe not the best idea.

16. ZOLLERMAN

ZOLLERMAN Registered

It's entirely my fault that I don't monitor the forums or have social media accounts and for that I apologise. Anyone who also doesn't monitor forums or social media is not a valid customer...

Those who haven't got a key for steam, it's because your email provider blocked it, and this affects accounts hosted by hotmail/live, googlemail, Yahoo, Zoho, AOL and many more. The emails sent out are entirely handled by a computer and do not use code developed by humans in any way and therefore it is 100% reliable. Those who argue these points are just mad because they don't read their emails and like complaining in the hope of getting a free game key, despite them paying more money in the first place.

17. dylbie

dylbie Registered

@ZOLLERMAN You missed the boat. Deal with it.

If you want the game so bad, buy it again with your 'pockets full of cash'.

And if you want to get access to the latest deals and offers, crawl out of your hole and look on the forum or social media once in a while. Don't complain if you missed stuff because you didn't.

I hope that the devs sort you a steam key - not because you deserve one, just so you leave this forum.

One last thing, I have a book recommendation for you: https://www.amazon.co.uk/How-Not-Dick-Meghan-Doherty/dp/1936976021

jayarrbee36 and Bjørn like this.
  18. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

I didn't re-register dawg

[​IMG]

19. stonec

stonec Registered

This is the most likely explanation (no sarcasm). There is so much spam these days that mails get blocked by different mechanisms all the time.

Just to get the basics right. E-mail sending is handled by a computer. Every computer program ever written operates by code that is ultimately developed by a human. No code is 100% reliable, however, it's not ISI/S397 that codes the e-mail sending.

20. ZOLLERMAN

ZOLLERMAN Registered

Thanks for the advice, although I do quite like it in my hole :)

Also thanks for the vote of confidence, I hope they sort me out a key soon as well, I'm best mates with Marcel Offermans so I'm sure he will step in to put things right soon.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.