[REL] TrackMapPlugin V0.96 32bit & 64bit

Discussion in 'Other' started by fazerbox, Dec 24, 2014.

1. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Registered

@F1Fan07
    @Jego
    Thanks for the help.
    The missing maps were for the Nordschleife versions.
    I tried both ways but in each case I now have the static track map. If I try to use the rotating version, the map is gone and I only have a symbol of the car in the lead. It just stays there, no map in sight.
    Using static map, I can see all cars, including mine, moving on track. I can zoom in/out, move the track.
    Maybe it has something to do with the size of the track ?

2. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

I wouldn`t believe that. Working here without any problems. Must be a problem with your used aiw and gdb files.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  3. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Registered

It's strange. I have the issue on both Nordschleife versions.
    On all other tracks the rotating function works as supposed.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  4. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Try to use just one version of the Nord`s. Uninstall both and install just one version. Remove all gdb and aiw files wich are Nord`s related from the TrackMap folder and copy the files from the actual used into the TM folder...

//Edit: for me Nordschleife2_v2.01 is working without any problems.

F1Fan07 likes this.
  5. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Registered

Tried that.
    The Nordschleife2_V2.01 had no working map, so I made one, but I had the same issue(s).
    As it turns out the problem was also present on other tracks, so I reinstalled Track Map plugin.
    Now all works again... :)
    Thanks for all the tips anyway...;)

6. jerrymcc

jerrymcc Registered

Anyone else use the gridmode and gridclass? These used to work but don't seem to now.

I was using buttons 3 and 4 on my G25 to toggle them. Now they don't work ... not sure when it happened, less than a couple of months ago, I think. Tried turning off other plugins and reinstalled logitech drivers.

Buttons do work ... I can prog them in rF2 but aren't working for trackmap. I will try to reinstall it next, just wondered if I was the only one.

7. smbrm

smbrm Registered

It sounds to me like track map may be totally dead as a result of Dx11. You gain some, you lose some I guess. I found the live info to be the most helpful, less so the map. I wonder how many will surely miss this plugin and voice support for development of a
    replacement?

8. Adventour

Adventour Registered

Just installed this plugin yesterday. Had a few problem like crash when exiting, flickering, no map, but all can be solved by diligently reading through the forum and manual.
    After all been fixed, it's awesome. Thanks fazerbox for the work.

There's just one thing left to be desired. The wheel grip level object doesn't work as what I've seen it's supposed to work. It just keep full red (as if full slide). I'm using Skip Barber at Barber Motorsports Park. I read in this forum that not all car have the data inputted. But would really like to use this WGL on the Skip.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
    Juergen-BY likes this.
  9. Bryan Birtwell

Bryan Birtwell Registered

Man, I never realized how addicted I was to the info that I received from Track Map until I went to the new DX11 Beta version of rFactor2. Withdrawals...
    If I forgot to "Thanks!" in any previous post, I'm saying it now... Thanks!
    It might actually be worth going back to DX9 until a work around for this issue.

Thanks again,

Bryan

10. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

Pretty much the entire FSR driver community will be driving in DX9 until a fix or a different plugin that works with the same info for DX11 is found.

Trackmap info is 10X more important than DX11.

Really super plugin, and probably the best 3rd party plugin I've used in any game.

11. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

So any chance the author of this plugin could update it to dx11? This is a must have plugin (using tyre info, sector times and gap to best lap info). I wonder if studio 397 will implement something similar...

Rui Santos and Juergen-BY like this.
  12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

They're continuing to work on their UI and HUD stuff, so some similar information might be available within the game at some point.

That aside, no one can do anything yet with a plugin unless they inject (same as using a d3d9.dll for dx9), I have no interest in doing that but once the game supports plugin drawing I'll certainly be doing something for my own use at least.

13. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

Everyone keeps saying that, but I haven't actually seen evidence of it yet. How sure are we really that S397 will incorporate the necessary info on their own HUD?

Need accurate fuel usage - their built in one hasn't been near correct since rFactor 1, estimated laps remaining on fuel, tyre wear percentage, lights on/off indicator, tyre pressures. There are loads of others as well that people I know, use, which I haven't even mentioned.

All these are essential informational bits in the current GID section of the Trackmap plugin. If these aren't all implemented, I will not consider it as functional as it absolutely needs to be.

Ernie, Fanapryde and Juergen-BY like this.
  14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Wow.

I said 'some' similar information 'might' be available. I'm also paraphrasing what they've said/hinted. I think they haven't decided yet themselves.

Anyway, I agree on fuel use, and I started making my own HUD plugin in dx9 in prep for dx11, primarily for fuel use. Unfortunately dx11 doesn't support plugin drawing yet, so I have to wait.

15. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

I was just stating a fact.

In the FSR community it seems people believe it, as well as in the rF2 Discord chats, but for me there is a real fear that, when DX9 is officially dropped, the above-mentioned info may go with it forever, and I haven't seen anything concrete to refute that.

And you saying yourself "I think they haven't decided yet themselves" supports that notion.

16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

They're going to do HUD stuff, and they haven't yet decided what sort of things that will include.

BUT, when they do the HUD things, they will also have finalised how plugins will be able to draw to screen, so at that point (if someone hasn't already done it via directx injection) people can make plugins to show the same kind of information you're talking about. Whether that's trackmap ported by someone with access to the source, or rfdynhud updated, or new plugins, I don't know, but little doubt it will happen.

17. Depco

Depco Registered

Tig at this point I think the best answer is to simply stick with DX9 and wait for S397 to actually finish the DX11 update before making the switch over. There are too many plugins I and other rely upon for accurate information. Trackmap being THE most important. I just reverted back to DX9 after having a horrible time trying to get decent framerates w/ DX11. But I liked thatDX11 was smooth. No stutters in pits or on track. Replays were a slideshow though... Oh well. S397 will continue to improve on the update.

Rui Santos, Juergen-BY and Fanapryde like this.
  18. FS7

FS7 Registered

DX11 is step in the right direction imo but I really miss TrackPlugin, it's way better than rF2 hud.

Ho3n3r, rubennaatje and Rui Santos like this.
  19. Juan

Juan Registered

I think DX11 is a great step and what 397 would have to do is to integrate some information that TMP give us, thus do not use third party plugin as possible. it happened with real feel and leo plugin.

Last edited: May 7, 2017
  20. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

I guess they're preparing an integrated plugin that will be similar to trackmap, well, according to what i saw from the new UI ;)

IcyIce likes this.