Cars missing pits, then swerve over the track

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RoboCAT10, Mar 18, 2017.

1. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

I am using the FISIR2012 car set. This problem is only happening on one track (Melbourne by FSR I believe). Anyway, the AI drivers will miss the pits when their tyres are worn, and then will complete the next lap by driving slow and swerving all over the road. While I know this is a track issue, I have used this track mod for the past couple of years and have not come across this issue. I find this very confusing how all of a sudden there is this problem. Does anyone have an idea if this is an easy fix?

2. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

3. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

4. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

Not aware of that issue but I dont drive F1 only tin tops. There is an update in the works so I'll see if SS can look at the AI for me. Thanks for letting me know.

bravotangosix and RoboCAT10 like this.
  5. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

It's weird, it's happening to every Albert Park circuit I download (apart from the one linked above). The AI wont come in on the lap they need to change tyres, do a lap slowing down and swerving, then pit a lap later. So for some reason the AI are waiting an extra lap to pit, but it's costing them dearly with spins and sudden braking, swerving. o_O I have used Albert Park circuits before, and I have never had this issue...

6. AceLain

AceLain Registered

Do they follow the outside line all the way theough the lap?

7. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

Y
    Yeah in some cases they will move off the racing line and take the outside line. Do a bit of swerving like they're on a formation lap warming their tyres.

8. AceLain

AceLain Registered

Yeah that is a bug
    They take the outside line in the lap before they enter pit since build 1108

Marcel confirmed me on discord they are looking into it.

(On all track by the way)

Juergen-BY and toebee like this.
  9. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

I see, let's hope it can be fixed as soon as possible then, as the bug ruins the racing with AI. Funny though, I have tried other tracks and have not had the issue stated in my OP.

10. AceLain

AceLain Registered

I guess it depend on how the "left lane" is done in the AIW...

11. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

@Marcel Offermans

When abouts will the next build be released and will it attend to this issue? This is making playing with the AI horrible and it's even more of a shame as it was fine before the latest build. If this isn't going to be fixed sometime in the near future is there a way I can revert to an older build but still keep all my data?

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@RoboCAT10 Go to Steam -> Library, right-click rFactor 2 -> Properties -> BETAS tab -> select the build you want. After a fairly small download (30-60MB when I tried it) you'll then be on that build number.

RoboCAT10 likes this.
  13. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

Thank you I will try it :) Do I need to uninstall the current build first? I just want to make sure so I don't get duplicates.

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@RoboCAT10 No, it keeps everything else intact, it just changes the running files and any other small supporting files (so .exe, plus stuff like the UI that might change a little between builds). So you don't need to uninstall anything. All it means is you'll then be on Build 1098, so to run 1108 again you'd have to do the same and select 1108 in the list. As you're primarily running offline anyway I doubt you'd have any reason to switch between the two, just run 1098 until the next build comes out and you can try it.

RoboCAT10 likes this.
  15. MarcG

MarcG Registered

1st May

RoboCAT10 likes this.
  16. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

It should be noted that the problem is not only affecting offline racing since it is probably related to the impossibility of properly pitting in the formation lap. This prevented me from changing from wet to dry compound two races ago (I was reverted to grid after entering the pitlane), which would have supposed over 30 seconds difference in my race.

Hopefully a hot fix is released prior to that date. The piece of code should easily be detected and restored considering it was just introduced.

RoboCAT10 likes this.
  17. Jack7793

Jack7793 Registered

I noticed this for the first time at Melbourne the other day, in V8SCs. Glad to know now it's a bug in rF2 and not the mods being used.