Forcing AI to use your setup

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tweaq, Mar 18, 2017.

1. tweaq

tweaq Registered

Drama aside, ive gotten 1098 up and running and goddamn i've missed this game. Hands down the best tyre and physics model in anything available, and totally unmatched in fun factor... and then it starts to rain at dusk! Its the only game where pushing a car super hard is challenging, but fun and not "stressful" because kaboom something weird happens. Still not buying it AGAIN on steam anywhere near full price though but i'll enjoy what ive got for now as its not hard to do ;)

Anyway /endrant , did a search and couldnt find out how do i force AI to use my setups. How can I do so that way at tracks like 60's spa the AI cars dont run out of gear and i blast past them every straight?

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
    Paul McC and bwana like this.
  2. Bernd

Bernd Registered

Louis, 2ndLastJedi and tweaq like this.
  3. tweaq

tweaq Registered

Thanks mate, if you save the setup mid session do the AI take that setup straight away, or do you need to re-load the session?

4. peterchen

peterchen Registered

They take the assigned setup when they in the pits.

5. tweaq

tweaq Registered

Ok so just to double check, if the session starts dry then starts raining and i eventually change to a wet setup and assign it, when the AI return to the pits they'll leave with the new assigned wet setup without restarting the session?

6. jakobdylan

jakobdylan Registered

I tried this tip but I am not sure it properly works.Ai don't use the same tyres that I've.

7. peterchen

peterchen Registered

No. As far as I know tyre changes are not respected/does nothing. That is an automatic feature that is discussed here already in the past.

8. tweaq

tweaq Registered

So the AI choose their own tyres depending on weather? I cant find where this was discussed so if someone could explain or link it i'd appreciate it.

9. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Yes, AI choose their own tyres. But doesn´t work always properly right now. You have to live with it until S397 updated this.
    Too lazy to search old thread, sorry.