Guide: Optimal FFB settings for rFactor 2 - The key to being in the "Zone" :D

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrR1pper, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Bowie

Bowie Registered

Following the steps in post 1, I ended up with, 0.85 total effect, 0 smoothing, and 20% pre torque, that all seems to be pretty good. During a practise lap I check the clipping and note if I can add any more weight via the effect slider. For what its worth, somewhere between 21-23% sets the wheels to oscillate in time with the virtual steering wheel. Oh Logitech software is set to 100% effect, with everything else off, accept for let game change.

Heavy wide wheel'd cars feel nice and heavy now at low speeds, and they lighten slightly, not as much as i'd imagine under acceleration, but still enough to notice :)

Thanks again Jakobdylan :)

2. jakobdylan

jakobdylan Registered

Thank you mate I am going to try your settings
    just a question total effect is for Car specific FFB Multi?
    Ciao

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2016
  3. Bowie

Bowie Registered

4. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Could somebody share a good g27 setup? Would be great. Thanks guys.

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI VNS-L31 mit Tapatalk

5. Bowie

Bowie Registered

Just follow the instructions on page 1 ;) Easy easy :)

6. green serpent

green serpent Registered

Personally I recommend setting min torque to 0% - low end forces seem to be more progressive and detailed.

Set ffb strength as high as you can without getting too much clipping mid corner.

Set ffb smoothing as low as you can possibly bare. This will cause all kinds of rattles and it may not feel pleasant (going down straights the gears can start to fight each other which feels odd), but ultimately the lower the smoothing is set, the more information is being sent to your wheel, and the more detailed and alive it feels. I had smoothing set to 10 for a long time, because I didn't like the feel of the lower setting (rattles etc), but changing it back to around 3 was a massive revaluation. I was objectively faster, the car was much more stable, and catching slides was a lot easier. I think that the self aligning torque (self steer), is hugely affected by too much smoothing, which makes the car feel unstable and catching slides more difficult.

Lastly, muck around with the Logitech profiler strength to find the setting with the least amount of center dead zone. For me it's 107%.

Just my thoughts, Cheers

Peter Stefani likes this.
  7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Agree that both min torque and smoothing should both be as low as possible. But the appropriate settings will be different for different hardware. But starting with 0 and working your way up is the best way to figure it out.

8. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

And to add, some mods as well. With the FSR mod, I had very little feeling for the rear of the car with 0% FFB Minimum, in flat out acceleration zones with a bend. I moved it up, and tested, until I settled on 5%. Yet on every other mod, it has a lot more feeling in that zone, so I set it to 0%.

9. patrickkluiters

patrickkluiters Registered

I have a T500 and like the default settings very much. Then I started to tweak them and now the the ffb is not so smooth any more.
    What are good and smooth setting for a Thrustmaster T500?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-T550 met Tapatalk

10. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

What settings did you tweak? Does restoring them back to default make your ffb smooth again? You should try this first to rule out possible external factors causing your ffb to become unsmooth.

11. patrickkluiters

patrickkluiters Registered

The only thing I adjust was: car specific ffb multi, smoothing and ffb minimum torque. But I don't anymore what the default setting is/ was.
    Now I have on a straight a little rattle feeling. The feeling now is more the feeling I had in a G25, years ago.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-T550 met Tapatalk

12. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

I don't know what the default is for smoothing either but for ffb min torque it should be 0 and ffb multi 1.0. I would set those two as such and then start playing with the ffb smoothing until you can revert the ffb to how it was before you changed settings. If this doesn't do the trick, then it's most likely something else causing unsmoothness in the ffb.

13. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

For anyone with a Porsche Fanatec GT3 RS v2 wheel, I found that rolling the firmware back from v756 and drivers v205 to v681 and installing drivers v115 help reduce deadzone from 10% to 4%, although the forces only truly become pronounced on what be equivalent to 7% deadzone. Still, an improvement nonetheless.

14. diabolus79

diabolus79 Registered

Hi all, I just purchased RF2 and trying to adjust my Fanatec CSL Elite properly, since this is a new wheel it's not detected by the game, hopefully this changes soon and I can use DOR per car by setting the SEN to auto.

Now I am using the wheel SEN at 540 and it's set accordingly in RF2 settings, I downloaded the pedal plugin and even though ffb is not clipping sometimes loud noises comes from the wheel base and feels like it's skipping, I have played AC, iRacing, Automobilista etc. and never heard any noise like this, it's like the noises that comes from a G27 when going on curbs. Wheel damper setting is 100 and DRI is off, I tried setting ffb smoothing around 10 and it's a little bit better but I can't say I am satisfied with the ffb feel in general.

Do you have any suggestions to fix that and also in general ffb settings for a better feel? Thanks in advance.

15. Comante

Comante Registered

I can't help you so much, but the only thing I know, is that in your controller.json profile, you MUST specify the NM TORQUE that your hardware can deliver, especially if (as I suppose) you wheel is stronger than most commercial ones. There is a string in the controller.json that explicitly state wheel torque in NM. In this way the simulator can scale output forces properly.

16. TinoM

TinoM Registered

Hello,
    I started a thread regarding my T300 awhile back and I'm posting this hear cuz i just cant figure it out. My FFB has weakened only in RF2. I am now moving my FFB multiplyer to 1.2 to 1.3 to get the proper strength back into the wheel. My previous settings were around .85 average for most cars. However when I play AC, nothing has changed with my FFB strength, it's only happening with RF2. Has anyone else experienced this?

17. diabolus79

diabolus79 Registered

Thanks for your answer, I set it to 5,5nm but it didn't make any difference. I was just checking Automobilista forums and their staff have been very communicative about this problem: http://forum.reizastudios.com/threa...tting-with-fanatec-csl-elite.1710/#post-16851

I hope RF2 devs support this wheelbase soon.

18. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Yeah, that won't make any difference. Will be the same as if you had left it at it's default/stock value which was 2.5Nm if i recall correctly. Most if not all car mods available for rf2 have a nominal max steering torque that is higher than your 5.5Nm value and so it ignores the value you have assigned. The number you assign only has an affect if it is higher than a specific car mods nominal max steering torque value.

I think not even the CSW v2 requires plugging in it's correct value either. I think it's needed for only FFB wheels such as the AccuForce Wheel Pro and up.

19. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

I can't get the PedalOverlay to work. There are two plugins. Do I put both of them in or just one? I think I read that plugins need to be enabled but I can't find where or the post I seen it?

Thanks for all your work!

20. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

Offline mode > Options > Plugins

vegaguy5555 likes this.