[REL] rF2 Telemetry CSV Plugin v4

Discussion in 'Other' started by TechAde, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Juan

Juan Registered

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
  2. thoraxe

thoraxe Registered

Perhaps I am a total idiot here, but I see nothing attached to the first post, nor any links to download, or anything like that. None of the referenced screen grabs, either.

What am I missing?

3. Josh.H

Josh.H Registered

4. Nismogtr

Nismogtr Registered

Hello. How to correct install ATLAS and configure it to read the .csv files from rFactor 2 ? The screens from the first post not showing so it's quite difficult to configure. Thanks !

5. SL1DE

SL1DE Registered

I figured it out.

Download the MEGA link Juan posted at the top of this page, extract the workbook (wbk) to somewhere accessible. I put it in Documents/McLaren Electronic Systems/ATLAS/Workbooks.

Open ATLAS, go to Tools > Options > Text Session Format, insert the data which is in the screenshot in that archive you downloaded.

Now open the Workbook file you extracted, it'll open a black box window. Now click on that blue folder "Load Session" icon, navigate to your CSV in your rFactor UserData/Logs/Telemetry folder, open your CSV it'll load your data into that black box.

I think it should look something like this. Though mine looks messy because I used my keyboard to try it out so throttle and steering just goes straight to 100%. Couldn't be bothered plugging my wheel in just for two minutes.
    atlas.jpg

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  6. SL1DE

SL1DE Registered

I have this problem where it detected my whole practice run as one lap and only recorded my steering input, shaft torque, and FFB?
    [​IMG]
    Any ideas?

7. TechAde

TechAde Registered

Because it's importing a csv file it will only see all the data as a single lap, there are no ATLAS compatible lap markers in the data.

It doesn't look like it's only recorded your steering input, shaft torque and FBB, it's just that you have the display of all other parameters disabled. Try clicking on a parameter that has a line through it in the list on the left and press T. The line through the parameter should disappear and the data should appear in the graph.

Also, press P to get a up a list of available parameters that you can add. Once the list is up, select the 'Text Session Group' on the left to see only the parameters contained in the CSV.

8. SL1DE

SL1DE Registered

Oh, I'm dumb. xD Yeah, pressing T done the trick. Thanks.

9. thoraxe

thoraxe Registered

Is there a way to insert Atlas lap markers?

Also, is there a description of the field headers somewhere? Some of them are not so clear/apparent.

10. thoraxe

thoraxe Registered

On the field headers information, it doesn't look like there is a pure speed field that is shared. I see LocalVel(XYZ), which I assume is "velocity". The units don't really make sense.

Does someone know if there is a way to derive the vehicle speed from this data?

11. thoraxe

thoraxe Registered

Any thoughts here? The telemetry data isn't very useful without vehicle speed....

12. nickcrete

nickcrete Registered

This is from the internals_plugin code, maybe can help you !

const double metersPerSec = sqrt( ( info.mLocalVel.x * info.mLocalVel.x ) +
    ( info.mLocalVel.y * info.mLocalVel.y ) +
    ( info.mLocalVel.z * info.mLocalVel.z ) );
    fprintf( fo, "Speed = %.1f KPH, %.1f MPH\n\n", metersPerSec * 3.6, metersPerSec * 2.237 );

cosimo likes this.
  13. thoraxe

thoraxe Registered

@TechAde as you are the original author of the plugin:

* Do you have any better descriptions of the fields?
    * Is the formula for calculating velocity correct? Having to do these calcs (as opposed to just having the data in the CSV) is a little tough
    * Is the plugin source available somewhere?