AI Settings

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Highlandwalker, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

Can any one help please, I can not play on line because my internet is too slow. So I have to play the AI but last night I could not adjust the AI speed. When I adjusted the AI strength, nothing changed no matter what percentage was set. I restarted the game and also restarted the computer, the AI still remained at the same speed. I tried several track and car combinations and the problem still remained. I have not seen this problem reported on any of the forums so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Are you setting the AI strength in the UI before loading the track, in 'Options' - 'Plugins/Difficulty'?

3. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

As Chris says, the difficulty selection must be applied before loading the track. It seems possible to modify it later in the difficulty tab but changes won't apply. This option should not be available once the track is loaded. It should work in the same way graphical settings, which are not available once the track and cars are loaded.

4. AceLain

AceLain Registered

I have something to add: the AI STRENGTH slider won't change the top speed of the IA, if the IS hit the limiter in a straight line, you will need to assign a new setup to the IA.
    Hope that help

5. Highlandwalker

Thanks for your suggestions. I know that you have to set the AI strength in the UI before loading the track and cars. I realise the AI top speed does not change but their overall lap times change. I'm not the fastest driver so I need a lap time that I can compete with. I have had no problems up until the last couple of days. Thanks again for your help. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

6. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

If it is something that has suddenly stopped working I would backup player.json and delete it.

7. Joe Schmoe

Joe Schmoe Registered

I'm getting the same AI problem, and a new player.json did not fix it.
    Edit:
    I can say that it works with the 917k Porsche mod. The AI gain 3-4 seconds a lap switching from 100%-120% @ Brianza 10K track.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
  8. Highlandwalker

This problem seems to be track and car related, the track I was using was Road America and the URD PX2 cars. I have solved the problem but not what caused it in the first place, I haven't worked out what caused it.
    The file that needs to be edited is called All Tracks & Cars.cch
    Rfactor 2/userdata/player.All Tracks & Cars.cch
    Open in notepad.
    The file is basically split into tracks, scroll down until you find the track that is giving problems, with in the track section find the area where
    AIParameters are listed, within this area you'll find parameters for each car. Find the line for the car concerned. Delete the whole line and probably all other cars in the same class. For me it was just one line. Then save the file. This file is written to each time you race, when you use the same car again the new parameters will be written to the file and your new AI settings should work fine.
    Whether this is the correct way to solve the problem, I don't know,but it worked for me.
    Hope this could be helpful for others.
    Thanks again for all your help.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
    ceecee and Lazza like this.