[REL] Crew Chief v4.5 with rFactor 2 support

Discussion in 'Other' started by The Iron Wolf, Feb 1, 2017.

1. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Thanks Mr B i did that and im now getting some where but now im getting just this problem.

15:36:12.905 : Attempting to initialise speech recognition for user specified location en
    15:36:12.912 : Success
    15:36:12.913 : Unable to set default audio device
    15:36:12.914 : Exception message: Value does not fall within the expected range.
    15:36:12.915 : Attempted to initialise speech engine - success = False

2. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Registered

Have you set one of your sound playback and one of your recording devices to 'default' in the windows control panel?

3. baked bean

baked bean Registered

I have yes and its working with windows and stuff i can start google chrome using my voice but cant seem to get it working with crew cheif, very strange. Thanks for help btw.

4. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

Maybe some app or program on your pc has total control on speech recognition and CC can't access it?

5. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Hello Crew Chief users!

I've two announcements to make.

Morten came up with a great idea and started a forum dedicated to Crew Chief support: thecrewchief.org. there you'll be able to report issues and suggestions per game and per platform, which will help us to keep discussions better structured, have central place for all CC knowledge and eventually, provide you with better support :) So please feel free to join.

Second, we are very close to releasing an update that brings improvements to Crew Chief in general and fixes issues in many sims, including rF2. Jim did huge amount of work in this upcoming release and have been very supportive of rF2 specific features. There are some final tweaks needed, but we plan for a release during the first week of March, so stay tuned.

You can see rF2 specific changes coming with the next update here http://thecrewchief.org/showthread.php?5-Known-Issues-Backlog Everything marked as WIP was fixed or improved, with the exception of timing inaccuracies which I plan to drill into next. There's slight mismatch between game HUD provided gaps ans what we report, and I need to get to the bottom of this. Good thing that this is one, costliest thing on the list. Once that is out of the way, we could continue closing the feature gap between Spotter and CC.

I also want to thank everyone involved in testing and reported issues after initial release.

Cheers!

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
    emha76, Ernie, Alex72 and 4 others like this.
  6. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Funny you mention that, a few minutes ago I learnt something I didn't know concerning timing.
    Constant Time Delta Plugin

7. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Hello, new version is out with many improvements and fixes. Please make sure to update plugin as well: http://www.mediafire.com/file/xq5tczr8fcejcbt/rf2smmp_1.0.0.1.zip

I want to thank Jim for his hard work on Crew Chief and for support of rF2 specific features. Also, @jefcam, @Alex72 and @bravotangosix for beta testing and for all issues reported by You which made this release better.

rF2 specific fixes in this release:

New features:

• Per Sector Yellow flags
    • Full Course Yellow phase fully mapped
    • Pit limiter messages

Fixes:

• Timings/lap times etc improved, more work is necessary
    • Checkered phase added (correct race finish detection).
    • Added rF2 Blue flag (in game Blue Flag)
    • Added enable_rf2_blue_on_slower option. This allows enabling/disabling heuristic detecting if car behind is much faster (faster class).
    • Added enable_rf2_white_on_last_lap option. Controls White Flag announcement.
    • Improved session restart handling
    • Fixed out lap "invalid lap" warning
    • Mapped some rF2 car classes.
    Known issues are tracked here: http://thecrewchief.org/showthread.php?5-Known-Issues-Backlog

8. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Well done Wolf and all other clever people who assisted , it looks like its time to try it out. :cool:

9. Oscar1292

Oscar1292 Registered

Hi Wolf,
    Hope you can help...
    Any chance of creating a 32bit.dll plugin.....??
    Cannot run rF2 in 64 Bit...
    Would be great if you could get such a .dll out...
    Any feedback will be much appreciated,
    Thanks,

10. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Member

Thanks for the update!

I really hope S397 are chatting with you about this essential app.

Nothing comes close to it ;)

11. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Oscar, I could give you private version of 32 bit binary to try. I do not know if it will work though, and if it doesn't I'll have put an item on a todo list. I'll PM you with a link.

12. BoothJoe

BoothJoe Registered

I have an update to the mechanism I posted a while back to create your own CrewChief voice messages in the accent of your locale. It is updated to the latest CC version and includes the personalization feature.

Unzip everything and put it all in the same folder. This will make it easier so everything is built in there and you don't have to worry about path names. It includes balcon, which does the text to speech, sox (make sure you install this in the folder in which you're going to be working) to filter and distort the audio, python scripts for the personalization and voice files. There's also a sample wav file.

In a nutshell, copy the CrewChiefV4 sounds directory and call it my_sounds and put it in the main CrewChiefV4 directory along with the original sounds folder. Edit the personal.txt file; everything after the colon will be spoken by the chief. Using Python, run the personal.py program. It will create a folder called AAAA inside the personalizations folder in the directory in which you are working. Copy the AAAA folder into the my_sounds directory. For the voice stuff, edit the voice.txt file and run the voice.py python script. When it's finished, move the new voice folder to the my_sounds directory, replacing the original voice folder there. If you get errors when you run the python script, it's probably because there are blank lines somewhere in the txt file (even at the very end).

Run the CrewChief program and go into Properties. In the box that says to override_default_sound_pack_location, enter the path to your my_sounds folder (c:\users\YOUR_USER_NAME\appdata\local\crewchiefv4\my_sounds) . In the My Name box on the main CrewChief page, select the name AAAA (we put our personalization name and audio in here because it would be at the top of the list in the My Name dropdown). You could change the name from AAAA to your name and then find it in the dropdown, but I'm lazy.

Balcon and Sox together do a respectable job of TTS, but it is not as good (in my mind) as Mr. B's work. But I want my own messages (especially the sweary ones) in the accent of my locale. It's actually a lot of fun to add your own comments.

Attached Files:

13. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Registered

Hey Joe,

One of the challenges of improving Crew Chief is coming up with natural and convincing phrases - the 'script' of the app. I know my work won't be to everyone's taste - it's a very personal thing, I invent phrases that I would like to hear if I were driving, and that I would use if I was a real chief. But of course I'm just an ordinary nerd with a plastic steering wheel and a microphone :)

It would be really helpful if I could borrow some of your phrases, record them and add them to the app. Not necessarily all of them but some that I like. Would that be OK?

Jim

14. bravotangosix

bravotangosix Registered

This sounds interesting. I like @BoothJoe's ideas for sweary messages. From my understanding not all crew chiefs are very forgiving. Having different sound packs available for those that want a hard edged CC would be an interesting option. I do like it when I'm deservedly told off by CC when I'm driving like a dofus. Can't all be cuddles and cream. :p

15. BoothJoe

BoothJoe Registered

You may do whatever you like with the stuff I make. I found last night as I was doing the update that you have an option to have a separate sound folder. That makes this so much easier and allows me to revert back to the virgin build if I need to for some reason. I'm going to spend some time altering my stuff to use that feature (I didn't find it until I was almost done writing my post last night).

16. BoothJoe

BoothJoe Registered

Mr. B, one other thing. While I was trying to figure out how to use the override_default_sound_pack_location feature, I really blew up the program. I tried putting quotation marks around the path name. CrewChief would not start at all after that. I had to go into the other CC folder (the "Britton" one), find the line with the quotes and take the line out. Then CC worked again.

17. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Registered

ouch. I'll add some error checking for that

18. BoothJoe

BoothJoe Registered

I spent some additional time today working on the stuff that allows you to create your own voice files. There's now proper documentation in the included My_Voice.txt file. This process creates a separate folder for your own voice and does not touch anything in the stock build. You can change back and forth with a simple change in the CrewChief properties screen. I still have some things I'd like to work on--doing it in powershell, for example, so you wouldn't need Python. I could compile the python scripts, but I don't like things like this that you can't open yourself and fix or adjust if you want to. As it turns out, if you run the LogAnalyzer program, you already have python installed and can run it from the command line by changing to the directory where all the custom voice stuff is located and entering: py voice.py or py personal.py. LogAnalyzer uses v2.7 of python and I used 3.5, but it seems to work in a quick test I ran.

Attached Files:

19. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

20. smbrm

smbrm Registered

Hi, I have read all of this thread and more and am not sure where to download the latest version(what version number?) of the Crewchief app? I did find the dll.