Give car modders more control over a.i.

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by toebee, Mar 3, 2017.

1. toebee

toebee Registered

It would be great if a car modder could make a custom aiw for any track, and include it in there mod. Then when someone loads the car and track it chooses the car mods aiw instead. It can be very frustrating trying to get a cars a.i. to behave depending on the a.i. path. Sometimes you need to make a unique line for a unique mod.

2. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Yeah, at the moment it's the other way round. It's the track maker that can make new AI paths for cars not the other way round.

In the meantime, have you tried the new AI learning method from build 1080?

"Added another track learning method. How to use: turn off fuel, tire wear, & mech failures and enter a practice session with 1 ai. Once in monitor, select that ai and type “ai learn” in the chat box…..he’ll then go take a bunch of laps & you can watch him try to get better at driving his line (which will show up in the replay window). When (if) you are satisfied that he’s better following the line you can type “ai save” & he’ll save that knowledge in the playerfile/settings directory for future use (or it can then be packed up in an appropriate car or track component and loaded automatically from there)."

Good luck.

3. toebee

toebee Registered

Yeah I have. Seems to make very minor changes in a.i. behavior. Really need control over the path itself.