[REL] Stock Car Resurrection 1971-1972 BETA May 1st 2017

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by toebee, Aug 3, 2016.

1. toebee

toebee Registered

Thanks for the input guys. I think it's good problem to have. When people start looking at the paints for things to improve.

As far as grip goes that icy feeling should only be at high speeds when the car starts to get light due to the not so great aero. I don't think I can add anymore. If you look at lap times say at Mountain Peak (Charlotte). Back in 71-72 The fastest qualifying lap was a 34.0. I can use the current default setup and run a high 33's pretty easily. If I built a qualifying setup I bet I could get down to the low 33's no problem. So we might actually be to fast right now, but in the interest of being fun yet believable I settle on where it is now.

MoparBob likes this.
  2. jymp

jymp Registered

Probably my driving anyway Toebee, but I do get a push into the wall in turns, speaking of paints, not sure how accurate to history you'd like to be, but in 1972 Petty raced the Plymouth at Daytona with the STP red along with the blue, I believe after Daytona he switched full time to the Dodge Charger, check You Tube to see the actual 1970's race broadcasts, pretty entertaining.

MoparBob likes this.
  3. toebee

toebee Registered

Im not really worried about a one off paint. They did alot of moving around back then. If you want to paint it I will include it in a future update.

MoparBob likes this.
  4. Emery

Emery Registered

You should put a pic in the first post to help advertise the content ;)

Alex72, MoparBob and Eric Rowland like this.
  5. toebee

toebee Registered

Haha never thought about it. That I can do ;)

MoparBob likes this.
  6. MoparBob

MoparBob Registered

There should be a red/blue STP Plymouth in the mod. I should know, I painted it... Also the shade of the Pepsi Petty Plymouth was based off a diecast I have which has a greenish hue. Back then Petty himself stated to create Petty Blue, they'd mix whatever they had laying around the shop. So there really is no standard for it. I did do a version that matched to the red/blue STP car as well, however a awhile back. I thought I sent it to Toebee...

7. MoparBob

MoparBob Registered

Did you get my post on Google pics about the #99 Lorenzen Plymouth? Maybe make the switch in a future update as well. Thank you!

Hazi likes this.
  8. MoparBob

MoparBob Registered

T... I uploaded a new version of the Pepsi Petty Plymouth with corrected blue and an additional hood graphic that was on some versions to our shared drive on Google. Also there is the correct paint of Lorenzens Plymouth and an alternate Pearson Purolator Merc. Drop them in as an update as you see fit. Thanks bud.

9. jymp

jymp Registered

Hi Bob, I was a big Petty fan in in the 70's and noticed the 72' Petty Charger blue in the mod was more correct than the 71' Plymouth blue is all.
    As for the 72' STP Plymouth, according to the book "The Cars of the King" about Petty race cars from 58' to 92', the 72' Plymouth STP red color idea came in late 71', Andy Granatelli called Richard and asked him to come to Chicago to talk about STP sponsorship for the 72' season, a deal was struck and in the first race (Riverside CA) of the 72' season Richard raced the Plymouth with STP stickers in Petty blue until the next race Daytona 500 the Plymouth was painted in the STP red and Petty blue, Richard raced the STP red and blue Plymouth in 72' until Talladega when he switched to the Dodge Charger which he felt was better aerodynamically than the Plymouth, sorry, don't want to add more trouble to the mod for you and Toebee, you've done a fine job with it and it's updates so far, thank you for doing this for us old school racing folks

MoparBob likes this.
  10. toebee

toebee Registered

There is no red/blue petty Plymouth in the mod. Most likely I left it out when I was trying to figure out all the teams. I will get what you added to google drive in the next update. Thanks

MoparBob likes this.
  11. MoparBob

MoparBob Registered

Same here... And I have that book as well. It was a good source for reference material... :)

12. jymp

jymp Registered

Yes, a must have book for the Petty fan, always thought the 73' Charger was his best car, last of the big block 426 Hemi's very fast, & with the chrome wheels, sharp lookin' car.

13. MoparBob

MoparBob Registered

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

The release notes state 6 makes but aren't there 7 models? I don't remember seeing the 1972 Torino in any of the various videos posted online, except for your's... Just wundrin'

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
  14. toebee

toebee Registered

Mistake on my part. The 72 Torino is in the sim.

MoparBob likes this.
  15. MoparBob

MoparBob Registered

16. Angus94

Angus94 Registered

so where is the download link?

17. MoparBob

MoparBob Registered

Update via STEAM

18. toebee

toebee Registered

MoparBob likes this.
  19. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

Old man here and there is so much I could complement you guys about these cars but it's the detailed sound of these engines that are almost destracting when driving. I feel like I'm there in real life. I just want to hold it to the floor. Wow!!!

MoparBob and Eric Rowland like this.
  20. ctbr

ctbr Registered

Great mod, I'm not so fond of oval racing (europeean :)) but with this mod I will try.
    For the next update could you add a older safetey car instead of the c6