Share your OSW Settings

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by cookie, May 12, 2016.

1. Eddy

Eddy Registered

[QUOTE="wgeuze]For a 10.000CPR encoder it should be 50.000 if I'm correct.[/QUOTE]

10.000cpr *4=40.000 ;)

2. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Then I wasn't correct :D
    Thx eddy ;)

3. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

Where did you bought your OSW kit? Are you running Argon or IONI system?

4. rocafella1978

rocafella1978 Registered

sorry forgot to mention is a DIY with IONI Pro HC, 10000CPR/40000PPR and small MiGE 130ST-M10010.

5. rocafella1978

rocafella1978 Registered

got it all setup nicely and working 100% without making changes to "MMos" and "Granity" software. (IONI Pro HC and small MiGE)

6. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

I haven't tested with the OSW yet but, using the AccuForce with the game FFB-filter tuned for a nice rubber feel, I add a very small amount of min-force to increase the detail; this works well in AMS as well.

7. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

I really haven't felt the need to add min-force, I'll try it today just 'to have tried it' to see if it adds anything worthwhile.
    What are you talking about values wise, 1%?

8. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

I haven't used it much in rF2 but, it really helped to boost the detail in AMS (set to about 4%).

9. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Hmm, suspicious. If I want to boost detail, for the USF2000, what I do is lower FFB Smoothing :)

10. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

Well - yeah, you can do that to a point but, then the FFB can become rather harsh; I like a nice rubber feel but, it tends to lose too much detail. The hardware is capable of doing both both things well, we just need to have a more effective way of tuning for it.

Using the AccuForce, the Min-force adjustment was even more effective in AMS. I need to do more testing in rF2.

I'm hoping the new Firm-Ware from Granity will bring better options for achieving a good base-line balance across all titles.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  11. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

I have the advantage of only using rF2 :p

RaceNut likes this.
  12. salvatore

salvatore Registered

IMG_4992.PNG Hello to all,to activate the buttons in the upper x12 simucube What should I put in the picture device setup box attached? thanks

13. Bozak

Bozak Registered

It should be Buttons 1-16 > STM32 Pins

14. salvatore

salvatore Registered

Thanks work great....grazie

15. Sido Weijer

Sido Weijer Registered

Little bit off topic, but just a quick question not worth it's own thread. How much sound does an OSW make compared to say a Driving Force GT or a G27?

16. bluet

bluet Registered

this may depend on what you have TBW set to ..for me RF2 TBW 670 = NO SOUND

17. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

Generally speaking, Direct-drive wheels are extremely quiet although, there can be times where the motors make noise due to certain frequencies present in some FFB; it's not the norm and can reduced or eliminated through fine tuning within the wheel settings. There are no belts, pulleys or gears to make noise.

18. Sido Weijer

Sido Weijer Registered

Thanks, all I needed to know.

/offtopic ;)

19. Markj

Markj Registered

Just a word of caution, while the wheel is a lot quieter it also chucks out a lot more force. I have mine fixed to a solid timber desk and still get told off by my better half for the noise created driving over kerbs. You can tone it down by reducing forces and adding filtering. I presume a proper rig that isolates the vibration would help a lot. Hope this helps.

20. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

My wheel is mounted to my built-in place office desk (secure to wall studs) and I have zero resonance issues. I mounted the motor to a small 80/20 frame that is bolted in place with threaded knobs but, the real trick is to isolate vibes / noise by incorporating urethane isolators such as "isolate-it" grommets. These insure that there is zero direct contact between the metal structure & wood. Combine these with the appropriate size washers and drill holes in mounts to accommodate the grommets; these are extremely effective isolators. Sorbothane

My racing sessions take place while my wife sleeps in the room next to my office and she is an extremely light sleeper; no complaints from her for almost 2 years now and make no mistake, she would let me know!

djfil007, Markj and bluet like this.