Game freeze when driver disconnect

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by caterkiller, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Nicolas Pailhes

Nicolas Pailhes Registered

Hello, Marcel, we need your help.
    We still have the same problem with our GT3 championship, we have disabled the upgrade and the big lags are still present (picture that freezes 1 to 3 sec)
    We rode to the VEC last year as you Marcel, and it will seem that there is not the problem with them.
    However the lags are not present on a championship mono chassis like the USF2000
    If someone has an idea....

2. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

For me this problem keeps happening in VEC too, but is shorten than 1 second.

3. Chris Shepherd

Chris Shepherd Registered

Its the sim itself, nothing to do with specific cars, tracks, upgrades. rF2 is by far the most preferred choice of sim, but this issue is making it impossible to race. 3 game freezes today in the last 1 hour. I just had a 2.6 second game freeze....

Here some others......

Its got to the point now, where not only is it costing me race wins but championships. :(

I'm sure it is, but this issue has to be top priority above anything else.

Thanks all,

All the best,

Chris.

MaD_King and McFlex like this.
  4. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Yes, same here in our last race 3 days ago. And our Upgrades was fixed ...
    We need an emergency fix !!

Chris Shepherd and McFlex like this.
  5. Chris Shepherd

I was kind of hoping for some clever person to say..."Change this and all your problems will be soved"

Guess not that easy. Hehe

Roll back two builds, no issues then for me.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  6. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

You use what build number?

7. Chris Shepherd

The most current build mate: 1108

8. Nicolas Pailhes

Nicolas Pailhes Registered

If this can help the developers, we have for our part these problems since the buid appeared towards June 2016

MaD_King likes this.
  9. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

I discovered that when another program makes intensive use of the processor, rfactor simply starts bugging the same way. I realized this by analyzing CPU usage on the process manager screen (ctrl + alt + del)

For now I've uninstalled the other program, but I believe this has something to do with the priority of the process. If rFactor were the highest priority, it would probably not happen. I will change the priority of the process next time.

10. stonec

stonec Registered

Those could either be CPU spikes, or it's the ominous multi-class vehicle bug that appears online when upgrades are not set as "fixed". Hard to say which one for sure, because rF2 has changed it's CPU code over the builds as well. Press Ctrl+C in-game and check that the purple bar doesn't max out during these spikes (if your CPU is working well it should never go much above half of max).

11. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

This arrive when Upgrade are fixed too :(
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index....en-driver-disconnect.53698/page-2#post-876724

12. caterkiller

caterkiller Registered

Yep, like Mad_King we had the same issues with upgrades fixed on GT3 Simtek mod.
    No problem for us (for now) with USF2000 but it was quite short races, 30mn max.

Wich length are you racing guys ? I suspect the race length to be a part of the problem, but I'm not sure.

For those who had roll back to an older build, wich version are you using ? If that's a workaround, I suppose we can roll back too until the devs find a fix to this bug.

MaD_King likes this.
  13. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

2 hour races, the issue appears in the last race after 1 hour.

14. caterkiller

caterkiller Registered

@Chris Shepherd what was the length of your races ?
    We had only 30mn max races with the USF2000 mod and didnt have the bug for now.

Gt3 was 75mn race and we had the bug. Last year too with Flat6 on 1 hour race and GTE too with 90mn race. All had the problem.

15. Chris Shepherd

20 minute races mate. My CPU is maxing out.

I sat there one evening with the game running whilst others were lapping, but I was on desktop watching the graph in task manager. It was the rF2 process that made the CPU got up and over 90% usage. I have tried without plugins installed (only removing the d3d9.dll files though, so it did not work) and still had the freezes.

How do I set the upgrades as fixed mate?

Thanks,

Chris.

16. caterkiller

caterkiller Registered

Well if it's a CPU issue, I don't think fixed upgrades will change something to the problem.
    To fix upgrades you have to edit the mod you're using, but I don't know exactly where upgrades are fixed, probably into the HDV files like in rF1 I suppose. Other guys know that better than me.

But that's strange, I have a 2500K running at 4.4Ghz, so I think there's enough power... A friend has a i5 6500 too and has the problem...

17. caterkiller

caterkiller Registered

We had the problem again on our wednesday race. SuperGT from S397 on Bahrein track. A lot of drivers had the problem.

Really, we need a very quick fix, we can't organize championships like that !!!

18. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

Bring on DX11, hopefully that will fix it...........

19. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Get everyone in your league to start multiplayer and go to network settings.
    At "Connection Type" select 64 up/down. I think that is the ISDN listing.

20. stonec

stonec Registered

Hm, what would 64 kbps solve though? That might make lagging even worse, because every client is restricted to sending 64 kbps, whereas I'm sure normally rF2 uses at least 128 kbps per car. 64 kbps was the default with rF1, which had way less precise online collision code, etc.

The root of this problem is it only happens with some mods and some upgrades, with stock content these issues rarely happen.