rFactor 2 Online Tools by Chris “redapg”

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Slow Motion, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

DIRECT LINK TO THE ONLINE TOOLS: http://meetme.bplaced.net/rF2_onlineTools/
    January 2023:
    NEW features detailed info: https://forum.studio-397.com/index....-by-chris-“redapg”.53457/page-15#post-1117194

online23.jpg

January 29th, 2020:

• we have now the way to generate all icons we need for the new UI, automatically and in a while, providing only one "icon" in PNG at the max resolution!
    January 14th 2020:
    • added a new tool for Track modding: "check and change Tags or other terms in your SCN file
    January 8th 2020:
    • new utility for Track modding, that helps to generate entries for rain reflections
    • new utility for regenerating PLAYER/MULTIPLAYER.JSON file(s) TRANSFERRING your old customized data
    • get your public IP
    May 25th 2019, added a tutorial: How to create an Update of an existing Mod at the bottom of the web home page...

Update May 2019:

• revised / harmonized / reworked tools for tire size needs
    Improved the accuracy and usability of the Tire Resize and Conversion Tools:
    1 tool has been replaced where you could upload 1 TGM and that did use the SizeMultiplier of the TGM to modify the tire size... now the tool is doing the same thing, but you can upload and modify more TGM files at the same time.

Another advantage is that you can quickly check the size of tires where the size is unknown.
    The 3 tools are selectable when you click the button "3 Tools to change tire sizes and/or to convert from rFactor 1", that leads you to a new web page and also gives some short info.

Updated October 2018:
    Update May 2018: added DAMPER GENERATOR!

Update March 2018: added new CPM tires released by S397

Update Aug. 31st, 2017: added tutorial How to create Wiper and other Bone based Animations

Made by Chris “redapg”, again online with some change and addition, the series of tools that help to:

• NEW "all-in-one" tool for generating rF2 physics files, converted from rF1
    • improved chassis tool
    • improved tire size tool
    • new special entries generator
    ==============
    http://meetme.bplaced.net/rF2_onlineTools/

For any question and for any time you got an error in rFactor2, once you have generated a file, please use the specific email address in the home page of the online tools.

Enjoy them!

Last edited: Jan 3, 2023
    Barf, Ricardo Diz, Bernat and 22 others like this.
  2. Slamfunk3

Slamfunk3 Registered

Thank you for putting these back online. I've missed these in the last couple of months. I do understand Chris' reasoning though so again, thanks a lot for getting these back up.
    TK

3. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

+1

4. Mario Morais

Mario Morais Registered

Great tools we can see the PHP code?

5. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

We have added a specific email address in the home page of the online tools for any need.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2016
  6. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

A new tool has been added: "Get suspension data for the rF2 Physics Calculator from a rF1 HDV and PM files", that greatly helps you in performing the procedure that Michael Borda explained into his blog.
    In addition the tool gives you the chance to modify, with few clicks, the position of the wishbones if wrongly positioned.

7. knackko

knackko Registered

Hi,
    One question about the fixed upgrades tutorial (http://meetme.bplaced.net/rF2_onlin...pdfdownload.php?file=HowTo fixed Upgrades.pdf)
    After following the steps to add fixed upgrades on dedicated server, when a player join a server, does he saw the * character in front of the fixed upgrades?
    because for me and for other drivers joining the server, it doesnt. I had the * character first times because my client profile had locally the fixed upgrades, but if I remove those files and join the server with the fixed upgrades, no more * character !

8. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Please, for any question use the specific email address in the home page of the online tools. Thank you

9. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

A new tool has been added: "Created a basic flex-chassis + HDV entries from rFactor1 files to rFactor2"

This tool is still WIP and it needs some more work, but it is already working. The tool performs very complex calculations to provide the new files "in one click".
    You must have available the rF1 HDV + PM + TBC files and the TGM files(s) that you want to use into the rF2 mod. Please, read carefully all info and advice during the procedure.

Please note: the chassis.ini that you get back (and of course the HDV) is different of the auto-generated chassis.ini, because this one has been generated following the Physics Calculator released few time ago by ISI.

10. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

This last update was very nice man! HDV is a bit messed with lines not going where they should but a quick edit fix it :)
    Thank you for your work

11. gpfan

gpfan Registered

Great!! Thanks a lot for coming back with my prefered tools!!!!

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
  12. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

just updated a couple of tools:
    - Created a basic flex-chassis + HDV entries from rFactor1 files to rFactor2
    - create rF2 steering entries for HDV (to be used only if the mod uses the auto-generated chassis.ini in devmode)

The first one now works better and generates the steering wheel entries too. The second one has more features to manage data and files coming from "autogenerated ingame rigid chassis", "Physics Calculator spreadsheet flex chassis" and the chassis generated by our tool.

13. gpfan

gpfan Registered

Great stuff Slow motion!

We need more of this kind of tools to regenerate data automatically, something i´m struggling to generate is a good engine file for turbo engines, this should be on your to do list at some point....... i hope so..... :rolleyes:

14. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

it is, for both normally aspirated and turbo, but we have to thank Chris! I'm only helping and we have a lot of things to follow... but this is our hobby, isn't this?

atomed likes this.
  15. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Well, added a new great tool: "Convert a rF1 engine.ini into rF2 format" that allows both naturally aspirated and turbo.
    Enjoy it!

alpha-bravo, MaD_King, gpfan and 2 others like this.
  16. Butters

Butters Registered

Finally got around to trying out some of the files and just wanted to say thanks. I was using the rf2 Skip Barber files and trying to edit from rf1 files and these tools made things so much quicker and simpler. Look forward to playing around with all of the other tools over the coming months.

Keep up the great work and thanks again for your time and efforts to make things simpler for those of us with limited time/knowledge.

17. MMartin

MMartin Registered

Nice job :eek:

18. Boldaussie

Boldaussie Registered

Thank you for all of your hard work. Very useful.

19. Rastas

Rastas Registered

Great tool site,very thanks for your work :)
    I have a problem creating a car whit a solid rear axle,in this case a AE86,it fails to upload the PM file,any solution?

20. Bernd

Bernd Registered

On the Main Site of his Tools is a Mailadress shown where you can contact Chris directly.