URD JT5 2016

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by TheMattyOnline, Feb 8, 2017.

1. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Member

On Wheels have a preview of URD's latest project.

Looks like another quality mod.

Alex72, sman, senormen and 6 others like this.
  2. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Looks nice.

However, as many other URD clients, I'll wait for the delivery of what I already bought many months ago (URD PX, T5 update) before buying any other mod from URD.

Cheers.

nipzon, elcoco, roby13 and 4 others like this.
  3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

URD are certainly spreading their wings, good to see a mod team taking things further with quality content.

I wonder how long it'll be before they do a Reiza and create their own vision of a sim by licensing an engine to work with.

sman and TheMattyOnline like this.
  4. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Member

The only paid content i have is their EGT mod and if this one is of the same standard I will definitely buy it.
    Racing against the AI from night through sunrise and changing weather and watching real road create a dry line.
    It really showcases just what the engine is capable of.

sman likes this.
  5. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

Really looking forward to this.

6. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Bought it and tested it quickly. Very nice car to drive. :) I had 2 smaller issues. FFB at center has a little deadzone (ISI or S397 cars do not have it) and the suspension sound when the cars is moving is a bit too loud in balance against the shift sound. Basically i have the sound effects a little louder than engine normally so i can hear the shifting sound properly, but on this car i have to lower sound effects to not hear the suspension so much and so the shifting sound disappears. Louder shifting sound balanced against the suspension sound would be super. Not sure if the slight deadzone FFB can be fixed, and im on DFGT so im sure its much better on nicer wheels.

But its a great car! Nice sounds, great handling, awesome model and nice skins. Looking forward to the next ones. Great buy. :)

7. Miro

Miro Registered

If you have a center dead zone issue I suggest using the FFB minimum torque adjustment in the controller settings. I am not familiar with your wheel but something in the range between 4% and 10% should hopefully do the job.

[​IMG]

8. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Cheers, i know about that but it doesnt help much. I am very impressed with ISI/S397 cars as they have no FFB deadzone. Mods can sometimes have it though. But FFB minimum torque only helps very little on my wheel sadly. Its not a massive problem on this car though. Would love better sound balance on shifter/suspension sounds though.

9. Miro

Miro Registered

I see. It could eventually be prevented but then you'd probbably run into clipping issues with the default setting. By design I don't think there are problems but I will double check. :)
    As for the sounds you have to hammer on Ales but noted anyways, thx.

Alex72 likes this.
  10. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Thank you. S397 Nissan GT500 for example has no FFB deadzone and i thought these cars are pretty close to eachother. And i say that because i heard FFB comes from the physics itself? So of course i wouldnt want that to change just to make my wheel work hehe. If there is something you can do regarding FFB deadzone without messing with your great car in a negative way i would be very happy. :)

Very happy with the car overall. Great work guys.

Miro likes this.
  11. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

I liked the car much more after changing the max steering angle to same as it is in S 397's nissan gt500.

12. Miro

Miro Registered

Yes a very good point, possible aswell. :)

13. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

Can you expand a bit by saying initial and final values? I myself always find very important adjusting this value in order to optimize FFB and control. Not with this mod in particular, which I havent tried, but in general.

I would understand that this car might have a low steer angle which provides a higher FFB. Under these situations my G27 clips or at least I do nit seem to able to properly control the car when turning and braking.

14. Miro

Miro Registered

NominalMaxSteeringTorque=27.4
    TurnsLockToLock=1.75
    SteerLockSpecial=(6,"540 ","(17) deg","TurnsLockToLock=1.5;SteeringFraction=0.857143")
    SteerLockSpecial=(7,"630 ","(20) deg","TurnsLockToLock=1.75;SteeringFraction=1")
    SteerLockSetting=7 // <- 7/630 is max and default in the Shiro, I assume the 397 car would use something around 540 as default then.

Euskotracks likes this.
  15. Nismogtr

Nismogtr Registered

Thank you a lot ! Very nice skins for a very nice mod. Thanks !

16. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Skins are very nice and very well done.
    They are RTR, just copy the files in your settings directory as stated and there you are.

Thanks and cheers.

17. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

yeahh!! thanks D.Painter ;)

18. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Thanks @D.Painter

How do you install them properly? Last time i added a skin to rF2 i had to click on all liveries (TUNING) until i found the livery that the new livery was added to. Was a bit confusing to me lol. :D Do i do it the same way with your awesome skins?

19. Sebastien Sestacq

I rename the folder "URD_JY5_2016_Shiro" by "URD_JT5_2016_Shiro"

20. Sebastien Sestacq

Do not apologize is nothing, thanks to you for your work :)
    It's very nice to have the real skin :p