Hope for Assetto Corsa

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by vegaguy5555, Feb 18, 2017.

1. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

Hi everyone!

I have been a huge AC fan for more then two years until I got a an email from Studio 397 for a Steam code to download rFactor 2 and drove the Spark F1 on the historic Spa.
    I then knew what I had been trying to fix with AC all this time.
    Weight transfer!

I still think I may have something set wrong. rFactor 2 however works incredibly well. I can't get enough of historic Spa. What a beautiful track. The best I have seen to date. I didn't think anything could ever be more fun then the Nordschleife in AC.

I am writing this, not to run down AC, which I'm still a fan of, but to verify weight transfer. For those of you who have driven in AC, how does braking to the limit into a corner feel like for you?

I am asking about it here because it's bothering the guys too much in AC and it's starting to get off topic and ugly.

I use the same name and picture for my avitar in AC if anyone wants to look.

In AC's forum there is a 'Hope for rFactor 2' post. When I first saw it, I thought, 'what a wast of time. What could compare to AC'? Boy, do I like being proven wrong.

I still can't except that AC doesn't have much for weight transfer.

Pawel44 likes this.
  2. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

Don't worry about that and just enjoy rF2.

papaosa, peterchen, bwana and 2 others like this.
  3. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

I am! Thank you.

So I'm not crazy?

Nibiru likes this.
  4. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

No you aren't...
    I was an AC user but after some time spent on rF2 I don't play AC anymore.
    I love the content on AC, great car list and wonderfully crafted tracks but...he doesn't hook me...I don't know why...
    So, welcome on rF2 side of force!

5. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

I have noticed that in ac cars tend to be more understeery under braking compared to rf2. It could be car or default setup related thing. Also there is many possible physics differences that could cause this, like braking force curves (front vs. rear), tyre model (how load effects grip), suspension physics. I find it hard to believe that the basic calculation of how much of load goes to each tire could be wrong in either sim.

I can't say for sure which behavior is more realistic. My guess would be that ac is on purpose made to be a pit on more understeery side to make the driving a pit easier.

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  6. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

No your not.....you've just understood why rF2 is better.;)

Welcome to the enlightened sideo_O

bwana and vegaguy5555 like this.
  7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Just enjoy both (all) Sims for what they are and be done with it, simples.

8. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

Thanks guys.

I was taking a beating over there. After awhile I would say something even I don't agree with. It becomes so juvenile after awhile.
    I was hoping for a slider I missed in AC.
    I sure got some guys thinking over there.
    I wonder how many are trying rFactor 2?

Here with rF2 I can really drive the car and feel the speed and understand that I can't drive as fast as a professional race car driver and that's ok because I can't wait to do it again.:)

I remember last year taking the Jim Clark (I think his name is) challenge and beat it after a dozen laps or so. This left me thinking 'this professional driver set some record that he himself probably couldn't do again because everything was just right that day I and everyone else can do it after 20 minutes'. It felt kind of good to be this naive for a bit but it gets boring quickly.

I have over 1500 hours in AC and less than 100 here. I'm a rockie again!! WoHo!!:D

Got to go guys! There's a wall with my name on it!!

I don't know if you know this? But you can't just hold it to the floor!:p

9. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

@vegaguy5555 can you please share with us which drugs you use?
    Seeems good...

10. Flaux

Flaux Registered

There was a time when people had to introduce themself on forums so everyone could would get an idea of who they talk to, or about... I miss those days.

I don't know it better sadly, but a 50y old man playing over 1500 hours of AC in only 2 years sounds strange to me...

Maybe Vega wants to tell us a bit more about him and his problems with the AC forum and his reasons to create a similar thread in here...

So we can understand all of this a bit better.

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  11. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

The drug is rF2 and love of driving. These two are a good combination. Very good drugs indeed!!

Still really like a lot of things with AC but the physics are now a deal breaker for me. I can't drive in a sim without the weight transfer and the finer details of braking and fuel, tire/body flex that rF2 has to offer. I am so much slower here and the car feels so much faster. There is so much more I have to do to prepare for going fast into a corner. The first touch of the brakes tells me if I'm too fast, if so let off and pulse the peddle to let the tires reestablish contact with the road and so on. Fuel is so sensitive and responsive. I love it. I can't drive very good and it doesn't matter. This may be where some of the guys in AC can't understand about me. I love the driving experience first, fastest times second. I am very fast in AC and it's boring as hell. I would drive on dusty road conditions at times for more of a challenge. Don't ask me for my times because I didn't save them or care. I'm sure everyone here is a better driver then I am. Can't wait to see your stuff.

This thread was the last hope to fix something I have wrong here with my system but I know now that there is nothing wrong except AC's missing physics details. Like I said, this isn't a bash AC post. It is what it is. I have some good friends there I will always respect.

I don't have a problem with the forum in AC. The guys are helpful and kind. I'm sure, not unlike you guys. You can look and judge me if you like. That's why I have the same name and picture.

Only 1500 hours in two years Flaux?? You must be a much more serious sim driver then I am. Would like to hear your opinion and see you go!

Thank you all for the warm welcome!!:)

12. bwana

bwana Registered

Don't be surprised that you find one sim suits you more than another, I agree with what your saying , I too get bored with AC but occasionally like to give it a drive , last about 15 minutes then kick rf2 back into gear..Best thing about AC and AM and the others is that we have the choice , What we choose to drive more often is a gift to us all from the Devs.

13. Flaux

Flaux Registered

In AC I think I have 80 hours in all the years in total.... so... to me it sounds hard to believe that you did 1500 hours of AC in 2 years....

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  14. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

Well said!!

I get to use all my sim equipment. I love them all. rF2 is at the top for me now. I guess I'm still in shock! There is no way would I have thought a month ago I would be here starting a post "Hope for Assetto Corsa". In their defense they do listen and work very hard on updates and have a very beautiful work of art. Until I can build something better I still have a lot of respect for AC and the guys there and have thanked them more then once. You can look up all my thank you posts if you want. AC was worth every dollar I gave them and I will be happy to give them more to continue their and others development of this incredible driving sim word we have. It all keeps me feel like a kid. I don't have any other habits apart from biting my finger nails and cracking my knuckles. I have a beer once or twice a month with a friend is about it and talk about driving in a sim and setups in AC and now here.

15. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Warning! If you as the OP don´t want to know or find it anyhow useful what I think about AC as a long year simracer and private modder
    then please say so and I will delete this post.

I raced rF1 for several years when I came from an early build on to rF2.
    This was the day when the world of racing opend it´s legs for me (maybe like for so many people GPL was, what I skipped at it´s time).
    Six weeks ago I became AC as a gift. Stock version, without any DLC´s.

The badest thing is the visualization of everything the car does in "link" with the track-surface.
    There is no link!
    The car feels like it´s floating above the surface.

All newbies who can´t believe it, I recommend to do a immersion-test:
    Drive rF2 with No FFB at all (turn it to 0 in the settings) and then
    drive AC with no FFB at all. (maybe spring could be allowed on both).

Then you feel the difference!

The physics in AC feel dumb and faked (in comparison to rF2)
    Just my experience. I cant believe that Im doing something wrong at is was the same at a friends rig.

Disclaimer: I´m not what people call a fanboy (whom exists), I am all critical with rF2, what have a bunch of problems what we all hope to be adressed by S397.

Shamrock and vegaguy5555 like this.
  16. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

Attached Files:

Korva7 and Flaux like this.
  17. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Wow!
    Respect!
    Much wasted time you could have fun with in rF2!
    lol ;);)

Amanda Santini and bwana like this.
  18. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Unbelievable. :D

No wonder you got bored by it a bit.;)

Amanda Santini and vegaguy5555 like this.
  19. peterchen

peterchen Registered

LOL

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  20. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

Did I mention I'm a race car simulator cockpit designer? I do a lot of testing. AC had the best VR support. Can't wait for the new big update for rF2. Any news lately??