Latest Roadmap Update - January 2017!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jan 19, 2017.

1. jepeto

jepeto Registered

technically , rfactor2 is not an arcade game; it is the best simulator. So, passing in dx11 will be a great evolution for sim racers.
    thanks and regards

emha76, Badboy, Adrianstealth and 2 others like this.
  2. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Please add in the next Roadmap Update the state of your VR implementation and if you are still on track for a Q1 2017 release. Or maybe you need beta testers? For me rF2 is the most accurate racing simulator and I'm waiting so desperately for VR support! So please keep us informed ... Thank you! :)

Adrianstealth, elbo, Old Hat and 6 others like this.
  3. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

+1 ( pretty please )

bluet and Slamfunk3 like this.
  4. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Member

It's great that you all have VR, but spare a thought for us poor people that have been married for 200 years with 10 kids!

I've only just moved on to 1080p

bwana, Kobradelta1000, MarcG and 2 others like this.
  5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I have a V and a R already on my keyboard. What other stuff do I need for this "VR" thingy???

:)
    oh, +1ing Matty btw. Won't be playing with the goggles unless I use my phone.

TheMattyOnline likes this.
  6. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

Oh come on; it sounds like you could use the extra motivation. VR, VR, VR . . . :D

TheMattyOnline likes this.
  7. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

The only VR i ever had did 13 second quarters :)
    I did enjoy using VR back then . Now my alternating is a 7 seater doing about 20's. lol

bwana likes this.
  8. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Hey it's the 20th on Monday !!!!

Potentially another update from devs !!!!

Fingers crossed dx11 & VR still on target for Q3 e.g. By March end

F1Aussie likes this.
  9. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

It's coming today. Check for updates and you would know for at least several days that today is the day.

Also Q1 not Q3. Well maybe it will be Q3 for you for not paying attention that everyone else already got it in Q1. ;) :D:rolleyes::cool:

Rinussie likes this.
  10. Flaux

Flaux Registered

11. Kondor

Kondor Registered

And yet Raceroom somehow managed it. But, you're right: It's rare that someone is able to put together an entire cohesive series with all the participants. URD has come the closest with their outstanding paymods (go buy every single one if you haven't already). And, of course, they did it by using fake names, thus avoiding all the licensing stuff. Which is fine by me. All I care about is whether the car drives right and sounds right. What's in a name? :)

Ian Bell has been quoted as saying "people don't want this" (entire professional racing series), but I think that's only true of casual players. Anyone (still) playing rF2 is definitely not casual. Most of us are motorsport junkies and that's why we love this (comparatively) "ugly" sim that has the best AI, best FFB and best physics of them all.

Marc Collins and Prodigy like this.
  12. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

If it ever came down to it...just changing a name is not enough to avoid copyright entanglements. When NAscar RAcing was first taking off for Papyrus, they had most of the tracks but NOT Daytona due to that being licensed to another company. 3rd party members created several tracks that looked like Daytona, but where named differently, one used the county name, it was called Volusia. (really didn't sound proper to me!) But in the end, those were mostly squashed. I have purchased URD cars and enjoy them. I am just not holding my breath they will be able to continue.
    Now....back to the roadmap. Thanks again Marcel for keeping us informed. I KNOW that no matter how you end up sorting out the DX11 conversion, you will be both Praised and Despised. I hope more of the former for sure.