RealRoad textures and UV channels?

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by R Soul, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

I would have thought that was a no brainer but if your saying now FBX from Max has the same problems as FBX from 3dsimed then Housten we have a problem.

2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

No... I only exported FBX from 3dsimed from an existing track as I thought it might have told me how to lay out the maps in the material editor. I want to go in the other direction. 3dsmax to FBX to gJED.... and yes I have a small brain ;)

3. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

Doesn't the video Drathuu posted about spline mapping show you how to set up the materials in max? then all you have to do is export to FBX and load into gJED and export gmt for game

Drathuu likes this.
  4. Woodee

Woodee Registered

it's on my to do list, thanks.

5. Drathuu

Drathuu Registered

Your not alone Woodee I like a video.
    On items into GJED. i cant get realroad material to come in directly.. But the mapping is in the fbx, so the data is contained in the object.. I just have to set the shader and the textures the first time in GJED for the realroad,.

Everytime i re-open that project (FBX), the material settings are maintained as they are in GJEDs .gmenv file.

6. R Soul

R Soul Registered

I may not have said so in my opening post, but since I use Blender I'd prefer posts here to stick to things relevant to that.