Latest Roadmap Update - January 2017!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Uff

Uff Registered

It does as long as your steering wheel is supported. If it's not, setting the menu to the steering wheel degrees of rotation gives no result and you always end up having to adjust your steering wheel to match car's dor.

2. Eddy

Eddy Registered

But not for OSW or DD dyi wheels, so i think that is what Uff means. Also there seems to be a problem with the new G29

Uff likes this.
  3. cristianuk

cristianuk Registered

g29 is not new anymore:( logitech made it clear with a print on the box that no tests were made for compatibility on the pc. When i bought mine The stuff from the "pc world" were not even aware that is even compatible with the pc however its says on the box that it actually connects on the windows.

4. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

really looking forward to feb's update ( hope I'm not cheeky for assuming there is going to be one ),
    any mention of VR progress would be great as this is my main interest

big thanks

vittorio likes this.
  5. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Are there any plans to make the sense of speed feel a lot faster,coming from iracing and driving any car feels like I'm hardly moving,this is not a bash post just my opinion.
    Anyone else feel like the sense of speed just isn't there

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Personally no never felt like that, I did once mess around with fov but ended up back where I started, maybe check that? Might help you. :)

7. stonec

stonec Registered

I doubt there is anything in rF2 that does it, more likely your FOV is not the same in both games. If you watch the video below, rF2 actually looks like it has the better sense of speed.

8. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

Like @stonec 's video shows: details on the road (rubber, skid marks, track wear) gives a sence of speed.
    So make sure you choose a good real road preset.

9. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Increase the FOV to your liking. Does A LOT!

10. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

Who wants a new update???
    No one???
    Come ooooonnnn....

Nuno Lourenço and nipzon like this.
  11. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Member

I think they are holding out for a simultaneous VR+DX11+Structured league system to be released imminently as a surprise! ......

Or maybe not ;)

nipzon likes this.
  12. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

Maybe or sure I don't care, I just love to see how rF2 will evolve and know the dev progress, this is the part I love of gaming industry...:p

TheMattyOnline likes this.
  13. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

last few were more or less in the middle of the month, so I wouldn't expect a roadmap update untill at least next week (but off course, you'll never know for sure ;) )

Rocket123 and Adrianstealth like this.
  14. Rocket123

Rocket123 Registered

Having raced on that track in the real world back in the 80's I have to say that the look of the pavement in iracing looks more realistic than rFactor2 . Mainly because there is no way in the world there would be that much rubber at every section of the racing line . It looks like someone did a burn out the whole length of the entire racing line at Mid Ohio . I have driven 1 -24hr/1-12hr races there. One in a C4 Corvette and the other in a Honda CRX .
    I am not an iRacing member . Just an rFactor2 fan and driver and always looking forward to the new and awesome updates from 397 ...

;)

15. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

I don't. I wish you explained more objectively and in detail. Are you using the same view and FOV? Are you using open wheeler or GT?

Ernie likes this.
  16. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

In any car it just feels like I'm not traveling that fast at all,I've put in the correct measurements etc and use the fov it gave me.
    Someone above stated to use a good real road preset,how do I do that,I can't remember it feeling this way a month ago,yet I haven't changed anything,when I came back the other day I thought my brake was dragging or something because it felt so slow

17. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Is the fps above or at 60?

18. stonec

stonec Registered

Check date of the video, it's a third party made track using outdated realroad texture. Was just for demonstration purposes :).
    FYI, I now seem to remember there is a FOV mismatch between iRacing and rF2. I think iRacing defaults to FOV 75 or 80, whereas rF2 uses FOV 50. If you put same FOV in both sims it will look very different and give different sense of speed. Also the FOV calculators typically give too low results. The correct FOV in rF2 is something like 35 for single screen, but in practice if you want mirror visibility and sense of speed I recommend a FOV closer to 50 as a compromise.

Rocket123 likes this.
  19. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

iRacing is using Horizontal FOV math, we are using Vertical FOV math.

75° of horizontal FOV are equal to 47° vertical FOV, on a 16:9 screen.

So if rF2 is using 47° of Vertical Fov, for iRacing is;

upload_2017-2-8_19-22-41.gif

upload_2017-2-8_19-22-18.gif

upload_2017-2-8_19-22-7.gif

emha76, roby13, Rocket123 and 4 others like this.
  20. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

is all about fiddling to get things just right, which ever title one gets the most use to that title becomes their reference to which all others are judged

VR takes away all problems and hassle of setting distance to wheel and fov , resolutions etc thank goodness, things are 1:1 as real life ( if VR implemented decently by devs of titles )

Old Hat and vittorio like this.