[REL] Crew Chief v4.5 with rFactor 2 support

Discussion in 'Other' started by The Iron Wolf, Feb 1, 2017.

1. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Registered

The app monitors the rotational speed of the wheels and compares this with the car's speed. By guessing the likely radius of the wheels it detects if the wheel is locked or spinning, allowing for some error. But this needs a good guess at the wheel size and correct rotational speed of the wheel. In other words, a bug :)

2. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Got it, there are couple of TelWheel variables not used in that calculation that might help estimate wheel diameter better (mRideHeight looks promising) I'll take a note :)

3. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Registered

It should be possible to do this without needing the exact wheel size - as long as it's in the right range ('car', 'go kart', 'monster truck') it should work ok. Perhaps the wheel rotational speed isn't in the units you're expecting or something? I'll have a look tomorrow

4. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

You're right, we might as well have per-class setting which should cover 90% cases.

5. Sparten

Sparten Registered

I just did a quick test and changed out a bit in the code so its done same way as its done in R3E, PCars and AC, seems to do the job.

alpha-bravo and The Iron Wolf like this.
  6. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Registered

Hi Morten :D

7. Sparten

Sparten Registered

Hi jim, am i right when assuming that he should not call out thos spin/lock warnings more then once pr lap ?

8. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Registered

Yeah, once per lap

9. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

this is fricking awesome, I love teamwork :)))))

emha76 likes this.
  10. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Registered

Just need to get Dan in here ;)

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  11. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

I am stalking him from AMS forums ( I am stalking you too)...but I don't see him for a long time now...Maybe he changed his address?
    If yes please tell me because is cold in the car... and I am bored to wait him...:p

12. jerrymcc

jerrymcc Registered

Thanks for the insight and effort to all. It was just a confusing message.

FYI, Trackmap does have a widget the displays wheel slippage on all four wheels, usually indication pushing/sliding into a corner, locking the brakes, or accelerating. I wonder if it senses the same parameters and interprets them differently, or is something totally different.

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  13. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Hello!
    I wanted to see if people find feature where Blue flag is announced if car behind is close behind and considered faster, useful? This is not coming from the game, and I personally do not like it. Unless many people like this feature, I'd like to remove it (or make it optional). Cheers!

14. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz Registered

It is really useful online! A real must have... in race!
    It works also in practice and in quali: when you are doing (trying to make... ) a good quali lap, it can be pretty annoying to get blue flag from a car that started a little bit earlier than you and made an extra lap. Not sure if you can disable it only in those sessions?

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
    jerrymcc likes this.
  15. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

+1000

16. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Blue flag is mega usefull, if it happens in the same distance as the spotter plugin even better, that one is perfect for multiclass online so the protos don't appear on your back as a surprise

17. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Got it, made it optional with enabled by default. Thanks for the inputs.
    I understand the usefulness, just found it confusing to get blue flag without being waved/signaled blue flags. Maybe going forward we could do some special message.

MarcG, bravotangosix and alexSchmurtz like this.
  18. BoothJoe

BoothJoe Registered

Recently I complained that I didn't like the accent used by CrewChief and that I wanted it in U.S. English. Over the past few days, I've created a process and script that allows anyone to replace the driver_names and voice folders in CrewChief with their own wav files. The process uses the default Windows voice (Microsoft David or Zira in U.S Windows 10), which means you could also do the files in German, Yorkshire-ian, or any language you desire. All you have to do is create a text file of the comments you want and run the script on it and it will create the appropriate wav files in the correct locations. It uses two free, open source programs to do text-to-speech, so the sound is somewhat computerish, but you can't always get what you want. If the management of CrewChief has no objection, I would like to share the details here for anyone who might be interested.

19. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Registered

My only objection is to your taste in accents, sir (or should I say 'mate') ;)

Post away - some folks have also asked for the app to use a woman's voice, so this might be useful for them too

JimmyT, TassyDevil and The Iron Wolf like this.
  20. bravotangosix

bravotangosix Registered

For what it's worth I think the voicing and accent is great. Probably wouldn't change even if there were other options. The only critique I would add would be the way the lap time numbers are read out. The vocal inflection is a little flat leading to a slightly computerised/mechanical sound. The rest of what I've heard is very natural and flows brilliantly. BTW this is a very minor critique.