AccuForce/SimCommander settings for rF2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Voltaic, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

Hello

I am looking for setup information for my AccuForce and SimCommander. I love my current settings but I am having trouble with the feedback I get when I run over curbs. Instead of getting the expected feeling through tires and suspension, like I get in R3E, in rF2 it feels like the car has no suspension at all. Very hard and harsh, to the point I avoid going over curbs as much as possible.

If not for the correct feeling I get in R3E, I would have suspected the wheel was not operating properly. In Assetto Corsa I get a curb feeling that is somewhere in between rF2 and R3E, but I have always found AC to be hard to tune. In Automobilista the feeling over curbs is similar to R3E, only much more subdued.

I would appreciate any feedback and sharing of setups for the wheel and in the rF2 settings.

Thank you!

2. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

Hello Voltaic,

I use both an AccuForce and OSW. With rF2 I have used the AccuForce in 3 ways; straight game-FFB, Sc4 Foundation FFB, and a combination of both. I find that in most Sim's, the game FFB generally works very well but, there are a few where I prefer SC4-FFB due to it's greater range of tuning options. By using mostly game-FFB with some Foundation FFB added, I can run lower game FFB-strength while adding SC4 effects to boost only the effects I want.

SC4 FFB allows me to reduce or increase the Self-aligning-torque or dial in greater detail or bump effects but, the trick is to eliminate the effects that aren't the most necessary and focus on the primary ones. I think that's where people get confused with the SC4 tuning options; there are quite a few and it can be difficult to determine what some of them actually do.

I prefer to simplify SC4 tuning by using minimal amounts of effects that can remove detail. If you haven't already, I suggest reading this article: MockRacerS Guide

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
    Voltaic and Lazza like this.
  3. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

Hello RaceNut

Thank you replying. I have seen and followed the advice from MockRacerS Guide and others. Like I said, the FFB in rF2 is super they way I have it setup, it's only going over the curbs that the feeling is much too harsh and pronounced. I hope this isn't related to AccuForce hardware problems.

Could you share your settings for rF2? I am also not clear on how to use Foundation with in-game FFB as you suggest. I thought Foundation completely bypassed the in-game settings.

Thank you!

4. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

rF2 FFB can have bump effects that feel too strong - especially when going off track; I have found that it's best to reduce the FFB-strength or the game FFB-output to make it more manageable. If that leaves the overall FFB too weak for your preference, you can add some amount of Foundation FFB (start with 10%) and leave the game FFB where you lowered it to.

You can also try it with the game-FFB off in SC4 and start by setting the Foundation FFB to a level where you are comfortable with the overall Self-aligning-torque; then, gradually add some Bump effects and Suspension Bumps but, start slow and tune one effect at a time until you recognize the effect and tune it to preference. The Suspension Bumps can become too strong very quickly so approach them cautiously and gradually.

I'm currently using the OSW so I can't access my AF game profiles to upload them or view them - sorry. :(

Voltaic likes this.
  5. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

I hear you and am currently experimenting with just Foundation, game FFB turned off. The harshness has gone away, I have the opposite problem now so I am gradually increasing bumps as you suggest.

What I don't like about Foundation is the center wheel play, too much of it and can't seem to find a way of reducing it. I like it very responsive when I turn the wheel. Is there a way to bring the center play/dead zone down to zero?

Thank you!

6. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

Yes, to some extent, you can add just a bit of friction to tighten things up; it doesn't take much. I prefer a small amount of friction to represent some natural mechanical resistance from the car's steering system with both the AF and OSW. Some games don't need any but, a small amount doesn't hurt in most cases. Too much friction can negatively affect FFB detail so use sparingly.

Voltaic likes this.
  7. M.Guenette

M.Guenette Registered

Hi Voltaic
    Rfactor 2 is no doubt a tricky Sim to get right with the Accuforce but once you dial it in there nothing with the detail it can provide. I have spent quite a while adjusting my settings in order to get the feel I was looking for. As Racenut has said , using a combination of game force feedback and SC4 feedback provides what I feel is the ultimate force feedback experience !! Here are my Accuforce as well as in-game RF2 settings that work together very well.

Accuforce RF2 Pro.png

Accuforce RF2 Pro set 1.png
    Accuforce RF2 Pro set 2.png

Accuforce RF2 Pro set 3.png

If you need any further help let me know..

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  8. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

Hello Guenette, thank you for your reply.

I just took the Nissan GT500 for a few laps at Sebring using your settings in rF2 as you posted them, so far so good! I will continue to experiment with the settings, obviously there were some combinations I was missing. Although rFactor 2 is my go to simulator by far, I have every SIM game out there and enjoy using them as well, so I will have to find a device setting that works with all of them. I will post here my final settings for rF2.

Thank you again!

9. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

Indeed you are right, I am trying to find the perfect balance for myself. I just tried Guenette's settings, they are very different to what I'm used to but very nice indeed.

Thank you for the feedback!

RaceNut likes this.
  10. M.Guenette

M.Guenette Registered

Voltaic
    There are two adjusments that I use to dial in each particular car/series that I drive. Both are fortunately located within RFactor 2's control settings.
    1. Car-Specific FFB Multi
    Use this setting to increase/decrease weight of the steering rack and FFB magnitued. With my SC4 settings I range between .80 - 1.20 depending on the vehicle I drive.
    2. FFB Minimum Torque
    Use this setting to increase/decrease road feel/vibrations as well as torque felt through the steering rack. With my SC4 settings I range between 0.5 - 7.0 depending on the vehicle I drive.

These two adjustments can really fine tune the Forces felt in the Accuforce Pro wheel. So play around with these to get a great Accuforce experience !!

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
    Voltaic and RaceNut like this.
  11. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

I am loving my AccuForce! I am also going nuts with all the possible tuning settings :p

Thanks for the feedback!

12. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

The AccuForce is a great system and SimCommander takes it to another level in terms of customization and versatility - something I wish the the OSW had more of. The OSW has more torque and range but, the AccuForce works superbly with more titles IMO.

Voltaic likes this.
  13. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

I was referring to the feeling as you go over the curbs, not impacts. Instead of feeling it through the suspension and tires, it felt like solid tires/broken suspension.

14. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

If you feel that the curbs are too harsh, adding some smoothing in SC4 or filtering in rF2 FFB can reduce that harsh bump feeling; I like to use enough that the FFB detail starts to get a rubber-tire quality, something that rF2 conveys really well.

Voltaic likes this.
  15. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

It's worth noting: Some titles may require less filtering or smoothing than others; AMS requires very little while AC may need quite a lot as it has a very strong baseline FFB signal, so much so that the game-FFB gain should be turned down below 50%.

Voltaic likes this.
  16. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

Thank you for the feedback, the image is not visible however.

17. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

That's good to know for AC, which is another topic. I'll try reducing it as you suggest.

Frankly, I have just about all the SIMs, but I always come back to rF2 which I think is the best by far. As long as I have a good FFB setup I can drive all day in it. I can't wait for the content and graphics to improve.

RaceNut likes this.
  18. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

Awesome, thank you!

Question for you guys; on the SC4 Game FFB when expanded I see the "Enable Dunamic Force Boost". After I drive the SIM end come back to it there is an option to adjust the force which defaults to 30Nm. MockRacer's guide suggests reducing it to 25Nm. Mine always goes back to 30Nm no matter what. What am I doing wrong?

19. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

That's something I haven't played with much and I'm not aiming for real-world torque levels anyway. I'm fine with finding a firm but, comfortable strength setting and sticking to it but, I have some old shoulder injuries that keep me from running constant high-torque FFB due to tendonitis.

20. whitmore

whitmore Registered

I am just getting my new accuforce set up and was wondering if the wheel will set its number of degrees of rotation to match the chosen number of degrees for the car in the game. My G27 had a setting to let game override the profiler setting but have not seen the same in SC4.