[REL] Crew Chief v4.5 with rFactor 2 support

Discussion in 'Other' started by The Iron Wolf, Feb 1, 2017.

1. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

That's okay mate, we have another word we use for our best mates, It's very close to Azzhole, literally. :p

JimmyT and tpw like this.
  2. levieux666

levieux666 Registered

Hello,

Is it possible to have the Crew Chief talk to you in your headphone and the game sound in your speaker ( like iracing)?

thank you for your time

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  3. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Noted, Thanks bravotangosix.

I've added known issues to the OP where people can see of bugs we're aware of already.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
    bravotangosix likes this.
  4. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Hello!
    Do you have multiple sound cards? I've typed in web search "route app sound to different sound cards" and first hit points to app that does that.

5. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Working good so far. Some small hickups like reported and noted on OP page, but i was wondering if the first lap when rolling out of the pit and when CrewChief (and old spotter i think) says "invalidated lap keep within the lines" could be fixed? Maybe has to be done by original coders? Not a biggie of course but would feel a bit better not being told you drive like a moron when you do nothing wrong. :D

Keep up the good work! Enjoying this one.

6. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Thanks, I suspect I know why it does that. Most likely easy fix, I'll update OP.
    Just want to make sure I understood you correctly: - you leave pits in the middle of a race and get warning?

7. bravotangosix

bravotangosix Registered

I get the same message on the out lap of practice. Only on the out lap though.

8. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

No mate. At any point you go out of the pit and do your first round before starting your hotlap it will tell you you went over the lines and have invalidated lap. Its normal as you dont get a time on the lap you roll out of the pits. So in practice and qualy you hear this the first time you roll out and drive for a little while "Keep within the lines mate, lap invalidated", and i go "YES I KNOW SHUT UP!". :D

So you didnt do anything wrong, you are just on your first lap rolling out of pits and about to start your hotlap when passing the finish/start line. But the sim/spotter want to tell you you wont get a time on that lap - which is normal. Would be cool if he could be quiet though. Not a biggie, but if possible - cool.

9. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

meanwhile, IIRC there's option to disable cut track messages in options.
    I think we'll get to this, especially since this is easily reproducible.

10. tpw

tpw Registered

The Iron Wolf: Many thanks to you for bringing Mr Belowski's absolutely essential simracing app to rF2, and of course thanks to Mr B too!

For those complaining about Mr B having the temerity to use his non-American (non-Australian!) accent, it's a scientifically proven fact that all communications are automatically 35-40% more interesting and humorous when delivered in northern English.

11. bravotangosix

bravotangosix Registered

One more minor issue is that during private practice the crew chief still warns you of other AI drivers even though they're not on your screen. You have to make sure you have the driver count set to zero which means you can't do private practice before a race without the chief spotting.

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  12. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Noticing in practice very often the spotter says my previous position when i pass the finish/start line. So if i was P9 and now i pass the finish/start line and am now P3 the spotter will say "P9" instead of my actual position which is "P3". Maybe you already knew about it. Reporting anyway for more info. This might happen in qualy too. Will test and report.

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  13. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Someone asked if the program survives the driver swap I think so I was remembering that in AMS I always started Crew Chief "on the fly", never before the game started. So maybe you could wait the driver swap complete and then quick alt tab to click on the Start button (or if there is a hotkey for that you can use too)

14. levieux666

levieux666 Registered

no only one sound card. In Iracing you can chose where the spotter sound goes, so mabye it is possible
    thanks

15. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Registered

The app will always send sound to the default sound output device, selected in the windows control panel. This is a limitation of the .Net sound player it uses. However, it might be possible to start the app with one device selected as default, then change the default to a different device then start the game. Not sure if this would work but it might do what you want

16. levieux666

levieux666 Registered

Thank you I'll try

17. levieux666

levieux666 Registered

just tried and did not work :(

18. Riverside

Riverside Registered

Very grateful to this work, Wolf, and to Mr. Belowski, you're the man, have used CC for a year now in r3e; my eternal companion there.

Just, thanks!

One issue to look and perhaps adding to the list, it didn't catch a stop and go penalty I received, and it asked me to pit when it was not needed or mandatory, plus things already mentioned.

Thanks again.

19. jerrymcc

jerrymcc Registered

So, what does "front tires are spinning up" mean? I can understand the rear tires spinning with too much acceleration, but ...?
    Maybe it means side slip, or scrubbing, all I know is I get that msg alot, lol.

20. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

This is funny, especially if car is RWD :) There's some heuristic in code that tries to guess if wheels are spinning. I'll take a note to see if rF2 has anything directly, but in the upcoming months I'll be busy getting just the basics right. You may want to check if there's option to disable wheel spin messages.

bravotangosix likes this.