[REL] Crew Chief v4.5 with rFactor 2 support

Discussion in 'Other' started by The Iron Wolf, Feb 1, 2017.

1. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Registered

So it doesn't work for any games? You did press 'start application', right? What version of the .net framework are you using? If you're on Windows7 you might need to update.

Can you post a bit of the app's console window output when you're actually racing - a couple of minutes against the AI should be enough.

2. ApexMaster

ApexMaster Registered

sorry, win7 Pro x64 bit, .net is 4.6.1 I have installed speech rec. in Crewchief it says mic is good, it recognize my command but in game I hear nothing in any game, using headphones. also tried in 5.1. sure

3. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Registered

OK, start the app and run a short race session, and post the console window output so I can see what the app is up to

4. ApexMaster

ApexMaster Registered

here is image,it worked in AC . i think i had to reboot pc

Attached Files:

5. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Registered

I'm struggling to understand what the actual problem is here. Does it all work properly in AC? Did you hear any audio when you asked it questions?

6. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

A few things to add to the wishlist:

• Spotter message priority: for example, when I cross the line to start a new lap while being side by side with another car, I don't want to hear my lap times, gaps to other cars etc. I want the crew chief to keep telling me "on your right, still there" etc. until I'm clear. Then he can tell me the other information.
    • More weather information: Getting info on air/track temperatures is very nice, but I'd like to receive messages about rain too. When it starts drizzling, when the rain decreases/increases in intensity etc.
    • Pit information: Pit stall countdown (mentioned by someone else too), pit speed limit info ("remember, bring it down below 100 kph" kinda thing), pit request confirmed, pit request cancelled.

Ernie and bwana like this.
  7. ApexMaster

ApexMaster Registered

yes its fine now. it works great. i hear a message when I ask how are my tires. however i am still trying to figure out the spotter part, I ask him to spot he said spotting on or what ever but when I come near cars he does not say anything, as far as fuel and tires when I ask him he replies in AC.

8. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Thanks for the info.
    I will keep in mind race finish issue, and will look out for it.

"Fastest in class" is something I have fix for (I think), and will be included with next update. My understanding problem is that some rF2 series use class per team/brand. But, could you please stat session of USF2000, in garage, expand grid list, and send me the screenshot? I need to see vehicle classes USF2000 uses.

Also, I will add your suggestions to the backlog (see current list in first page "Next Steps" section), and this will be looked at in the priority order. Speaking of priority of messages please check CC options, there's a lot there, it might already do what you want :)

bluet, Ernie, Alex72 and 1 other person like this.
  9. MMartin

MMartin Registered

Wow, good news :) Thank you The Iron Wolf!

10. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

NO WAY! :eek::)

Thanks a lot Wolf!!!!!

EDIT: With all the other sims in CrewChief properties you have Launch_EXE and Launch_Params set automatically. They are blank for rF2. Not needed?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  11. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Yes way! I am glad to see how many smiles this work brings. Looks like it was a right call to stop reading hopeless world news and do something nice :)

JimmyT, bluet, bwana and 6 others like this.
  12. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

You sure did a lot of good mate. Mucho smiles all around. :)

I added the launch/exe parameters manually. Should be good.

13. BoothJoe

BoothJoe Registered

@mr_belowski @TassyDevil...
    There's nothing wrong with an Australian or Yorkshire accent. A year ago, I would have made some smart remark about you guys learning to speak English properly, but with the xenophobia running rampant here now, I don't want to be accused of being influenced by that. I just don't like being called "mate." I don't like being called "dude" or "man" either. "Azzhole" is okay, though.

JimmyT and The Iron Wolf like this.
  14. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

GRAB_171.jpg
    USF2000, same class, different teams.

Indycar, as another example, consists of different teams as well as two different classes (split up into engine manufacturers.)

15. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Thanks. So, this looks good/correct and should work as is in v4.5. Are you saying, that despite all cars in race being "Championship Class", you still get "fastest lap in your class"? My concern here is that if there's one class, there should be no "in your class" in message.

BTW, Jeff reported incorrect time/gaps. I will look at that part after flag work is finished.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  16. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Correct. When I post a personal best time, I get the message that I'm fastest in my class, even though another driver has posted a faster time than me.

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  17. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

This is helpful. Thank you.

hexagramme likes this.
  18. Wiggin

Wiggin Registered

Thank you @mr_belowski and @The Iron Wolf and Gongo. I've been hoping this would come along and quite happy it did.

I started replacing audio files with ones from a Nascar spotter pack to make it more realistic to oval racing.

I was in C:\Users\******\AppData\Local\CrewChiefV4\sounds\voice and replacing the spotter call outs. I replaced clear_left / clear_right and yet the spotter will still use the default lines. Is there anywhere else it would be pulling the lines from ? Am I missing something obvious ? Now it also uses the replaced lines for car_left though. So it seems inconstant.

Secondly is there already a way to up pit stops ie take tires/fuel to X amount by using the voice commands ? If there is can someone explain, and if there isn't can this be a feature request ?

Again thanks, great work.

Update #1: It seems now that it is using the proper voice lines for spotting cars

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  19. guv

guv Registered

Really glad to see this come to rf2. It was a awesome in automobilista. Thanks!

20. bravotangosix

bravotangosix Registered

Not sure if this one has been mentioned so apologies if its already out there.

When qualifying. I post a time that has me in 3rd spot before the quali time is finished. I then select 'finish session' but with the new times still being posted I get moved down to 5th. Crew chief still states that I qualified 3rd as soon as the finish session has been selected. Still an essential plugin though. Can't run without it now!