Lag-OSW question

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Hugo Becerra, Jan 28, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Hugo Becerra

Hugo Becerra Registered

IMG_7141.JPG IMG_7140.JPG
    Wow, this has got to be a joke, I can't believe this things still happens to me.

Somehow the Delete Button during startup is not taking me anywhere, all the other buttons work though and through F9 in startup it took me to the information page. Picture attached.

Also, I'm attaching a picture of my keyboard.

2. Hugo Becerra

Hugo Becerra Registered

Ok so I'm trying that before the BIOS thing. The OSW uses 2 USB ports and it started working just fine for a moment just before putting the fanaleds plugin (which I already deleted but didn't stopped working).
    I'll try it anyway and give feedback.

3. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

The OSW only requires one USB to function in game.
    You don't need to use the USB that is used to access the Granity settings, you only need to use the USB for the MMOS to have FFB in game.

Just a thought, your Bios may be "locked" if your computer is a Dell or HP etc.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Seems it's also common for USB keyboards to not work well for entering BIOS. Sometimes things just aren't meant to be easy :)

You could Google your PC model and "enter BIOS" or similar, if it's a package PC. Someone will have asked the question before somewhere.

In the meantime hopefully you find another solution.

5. Hugo Becerra

Hugo Becerra Registered

So, I only need to use one ? I have been using the two this whole time. I hope that doesn't affect anything. Anyway my computer is not from any company, actually I built it.

6. Hugo Becerra

Hugo Becerra Registered

The problem is my computer is not a specific model. Anyway I'll do some research.
    Thank you !!

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Some people trick it by plugging their CPU fan into another connector (so the system thinks it's not working, and halts). Your other option there is to physically hold the fan while you turn your PC on. Should only take a few seconds to get to the point where it stops, and (probably) says press F1 to enter Setup, or similar. A few seconds on bootup without the fan won't hurt; but if it keeps booting into Windows I'd let it start turning ;)

8. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

No, it doesn't affect anything if the two cables are plugged in.
    If you are tweaking the Granity software and testing in game you need both plugged in.
    Think of Granity like the BIOS of you're pc motherboard, once setup you don't have to start it and you don't see it.
    Think of MMOS like Windows, you use it to load and save "user" profiles, tweak settings etc, and , at least with me, MMOS has to be running for FFB to work.

RaceNut likes this.