F1 2001 Conversion WIP

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Daniel Surace, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Daniel Surace

Daniel Surace Registered

@Jokeri

Hi Mate, i have attached the HDV and Chassis of one of the cars. if you would like to take a look at it.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
  2. Jokeri

Jokeri Registered

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  3. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

4. Daniel Surace

Daniel Surace Registered

Hi Guys, i dont use a PM file, it uses ultra chassis, my understanding it supersedes the PM.

Also i do not use the F1RMT 2001 physics at all, i am using F1Challenge 2001, and converted from there on.

i have uploaded the default suspension file from F1challenge if that is of any assistance as the ultrachassis was built of that.

5. Jokeri

Jokeri Registered

Thanks

6. Heiko Kolvenbach

Heiko Kolvenbach Registered

Are any news about the mod ?? :)

Pauli Partanen and F1Aussie like this.
  7. Daniel Surace

Daniel Surace Registered

Hi,
    Its been a bit of a busy time from holidays to work. I am currently working on getting tyres better as i'm working back from a 2012 tyre. So still a WIP but slow progress due to commitments.

I'm still considering releasing a few cars to private members for some testing for feedback. i already have one person testing, but id like to eventually involve more people.

Cheers.

Bjørn and F1Aussie like this.
  8. Daniel Surace

Daniel Surace Registered

Hi all, Haven't posted in awhile about this mod, and i see someone has released a 2001 mod already.

I've had a big break from modding due to work commitments. but this weekend ive had another look at this mod and still give me fun to play round with.

ive hit a bit of a road block with physics and haven't had the chance to convert things over to DX11 either. so there is alot of bugs still remaining that need fixing.

if anyone is willing do do some private beta testing on the physics side and offer some expertise feel free to drop me a PM and ill get around to uploading 1 of the cars to test with.

Cheers

Heiko Kolvenbach and F1Aussie like this.
  9. Daniel Surace

Daniel Surace Registered

Hello,

Ive still been moving along slowly with this mod, although someone else is working on one aswell i have yet to year any suggestion of collaboration etc. This Mod works pretty much. just lacks testing and some bugs roam around.

I do have a issue with tyre wall animation speed when moving. does anyone understand how this works?

Basically all Tyre maps seem to work when changing compounds however the side wall speeds only work currently with mapping on first compound. so Hard tyre has correct amount of Blur on the side wall at speed, But second compound soft etc does not blur at the correct speed. i have correct texture maps made for each compound side wall eg, (Hards) BRID01T BRID01T001, 002, (SOFT) 003,004,005 etc.

this works correctly with the tyre tread, just not with side walls.

if i look into Cockpitinfo.ini as below.

I have 5 tire copounds. Hards,softs,inters,wets,monsoons
    Yire compound maps which is mapping my physical tyres in TGM to the textures
    WheelspeedAnim 3 this would be how many steps in animation, so i have stationary, slow moving, then fast moving. x 5 compounds.

WheelSpeedAnims=3 // default is 3, but up to 6 *speed* anims allowed, multiplied by any number of graphical tire compounds
    WheelSpeedRPM=(168,672,1000,1500,2000) // RPM thresholds to switch animations between *speed* anims)
    GraphicalTireCompounds=5 // number of graphical tire compounds (may be less than number of physical tire compounds if some look the same)
    SpinnerCompound=0
    TireCompoundMap=(0,1,2,3,4) // up to 16 entries allowed, maps the physical compound to the graphical one

Any suggestions?

10. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

Wish I knew what you were talking about, lol. Really looking forward to driving g these. This era of f1car is amomgst my favourite.

11. Daniel Surace

Daniel Surace Registered

Thanks. I figured it out. Made a mistake somewhere.

Yeah my favourite era too. Wish we had the big mod groups working on these things like the old days. It's such a shame.

F1Aussie likes this.
  12. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Sure BlackGoku can 'make' you some models quickly :p

13. Daniel Surace

Daniel Surace Registered

Haha, besides him ripping models he actually does a decent job and polish and putting things together. Shame he doesn't learn and join a group and use skills legitimately.

14. AMillward

AMillward Registered

He does. Shame he's ruined any chance of a good reputation pretty much forever now. Believes his stuff is the best, he is the best and won't accept criticism and censors anyone who tells the truth about his ripping.

I actually muted him from my YouTube channel because he kicked off on there, so I told him exactly what was what. He won't listen, which is a shame because on the painting front the kids got skills.

He might do a decent job on painting this mod. And I'd like to do some testing if the offer is still open.

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  15. Daniel Surace

Daniel Surace Registered

Agreed, maybe when he grows up a bit more things will change.

Would you like to do testing???

I can share. But no distributing or posting video in public etc as may need to look into permission of some textures used.

16. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

agreed

17. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

lol

18. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

19. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Yeah. I'll have to get acquainted with Motec first though.

20. Jozo70

Jozo70 Registered

Hey hope all is well, is this project still alive? looks really good from the screens :)

F1Aussie likes this.