stop AI repairing in pits?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rapala, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Rapala

Rapala Registered

Hi, I wonder if there is any way to achieve this? Just did a race where half the AI took a minute or more extra to do their pitstop and I assume it's to repair damage as there had been some jostling. Very immersion breaking to go from 12th to 2nd just because of a pit-stop. I guess I can always just disable damage but prefer not to do this if possible.

2. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Not possible as far as I know.

3. Emery

Emery Registered

Turn damage off?

4. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

And what is your goal with that, AI should keep driving with a damaged car, wich wouldn`t be an immersion breaker? What are your AI settings?

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

are there lines in the hdv that control the time to repair damage? If so, he could try editing those.

6. Rapala

Rapala Registered

Well in the race I had also received a bit of damage with my wheel slightly off-center but the car was perfectly driveable, and the AI lap-times were still absolutely fine before the pits, so any sensible driver would not have repaired that damage knowing it's not affecting their race much. I guess I'll just have to turn damage off.

Guimengo likes this.
  7. Rapala

Rapala Registered

Ah, I didn't even know there was such a thing as an hdv , dig some digging and found this line:
    Damage=2 // Number of options to fix damage (0=none, 1=bodywork, 2=bodywork+suspension); default=1

Just what I needed, thanks!

edit: only problem is there is only one hdv file in my installation which is for skip barber. I guess we're supposed to make our own for other mods?

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  8. stonec

stonec Registered

Yeah, you need to repack each mod you want to make the hdv change for, plus you won't be able to repair any damage once it's changed to 0.

9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Welcome to the mysterious world of Modding.

10. Rapala

Rapala Registered

yeh I think I'll just stick to 'no damage', sounds a lot easier. :confused:

11. bhendrik

bhendrik Registered

Or you could reverse your thinking proces. So..when you have damage, even slight damage, repair it when you pit. The ai does so, so you should do the same to keep an even playing field.

Juergen-BY likes this.
  12. Rapala

Rapala Registered

maybe, just doesn't feel right to do something a real driver wouldn't do.

13. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I once did tests on stock ISI cars and Pit Stop times, regardless of damage they were always slower than my own pit stops even when changing tires they were sometimes seconds slower. In the end I added time onto my pit stops just to keep it "real" so to speak, not the ideal solution of course but it was better than jumping 6 cars when they clearly had a disadvantage.

It's certainly an area I'd like to see investigated and tweaked by S397 one day :)

14. Endurancer

Endurancer Registered

I know this is a bit of an old thread, but I would like to address a related issue. My experience with the Apex MOD is exactly the opposite of what MarcG described. When there is damage, I and the AI would pit and the AI pit is much faster than mine. I am not certain if the damage to the AI is different or if the time they take to repair damage is different.

Has anyone seems this before and knows how to fix it? I have no problem unpackaging/packaging everything, I had to do that to fix a couple of other issues with this mod…

Thanks in advance.

15. Rujasu

Rujasu Registered

Have you tried doing a tyre change and taking a full tank of fuel during the stop (and at the start)? The AI always does that, wondering if that's not the issue here instead of repair time.

16. LokiD

LokiD Registered

theres a lot of stuff the team need to to for the AI. Hopefully the ai dev stage isn't upon us yet, and they will have a period of focusing on AI issues.

jayarrbee36 likes this.
  17. ceecee

ceecee Registered

I found out recently in a F1 mod that if I do not request a pitstop after crossing the line, the pitstop was taking 6 seconds.
    Requesting the pitstop when crossing start/finish dropped this to 2 seconds.

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  18. Rujasu

Rujasu Registered

This is normal. The pit crew needs time to prepare and will announce in the chat (where the "pitstop requested" text appears) when they are ready.