VRC GT3 Series

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Depco, Jan 4, 2017.

1. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Everything bad the mod has? So you have finally made all the models your self instead of stealing them? Same goes for physics?

If VRC starts using SimTek, Im out

2. AceLain

AceLain Registered

I agree, I was about to say the same

3. Depco

Depco Registered

VRC is committed to using the Apex mod for this series. Period. Any debate regarding which GT mod is better can be held in another thread. There are numerous threads regarding this specific topic.

Goanna and MikeeCZ like this.
  4. Depco

Depco Registered

Post updated for Upcoming Zandvort race and Essington results.

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I keep trying these GT3's and I have trouble keeping the car pointed forward. Lately the Red Bull Ring has been available online, there are two left hand turns about halfway through the lap. Downhill and left and if I have any extra speed, I"m spinning as soon as I touch the brakes.
    I enjoy the cars, just have to find one that I don't over-correct with.

6. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

The balance has shifted a bit from the previous build. The Porsche is a great car to choose now. There's still some big quirks with the cars but you'll see it as you try them.

7. Depco

Depco Registered

The one that I find suits my driving style and feels planted is the Mercedes. I would suggest putting the wing up as far as it will go to start out with until you get a feel on how to control the car.

8. Tom Lebeuf

Tom Lebeuf Registered

I have found that the track itself and the quality of it seem to matter quite a bit. I'm not talking about the types of turns a given track has either. For example, I ran super low rear wing at Bruno, but that same setup at Monza had my rear end sweeping out on that long right hander (turn 3) which makes no sense to me. Monza should be a low wing track.

9. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

You might have run low rear wing, but if you did not adjust front dowforce (on Ferrari that is the case of engine cooling) your center pressure would be too forwards and therefore lack of grip at the rear. Turn3 on Monza is Curva Grande, one of the fastest turns on the calendar, the faster the speed, the more pronounced the unbalanced center of pressure will be. Monza is a low wing track, but you still need to maintain aero balance

10. Depco

Depco Registered

Post updated with Video Recap of Essington Race

11. Depco

Depco Registered

Post update with Zandvoort reults and Oschersleben race information.

12. Depco

Depco Registered

Post Updated with Zandvoort Recap video.

13. Depco

Depco Registered

Updated with Oschersleben race results. Great race everyone.

14. Depco

Depco Registered

Updated with Brands Hatch race results.

15. Depco

Depco Registered

Post updated with Palm Springs race results and info for next weeks race.

16. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

We have a great series under way with few races left of the series. It's good time to come and say hello and maybe join us for the remaining races, or prepare yourself for the next series that starts fairly soon after the current series.

See you on track!

-Matt

17. Depco

Depco Registered

Post updated with Red Bull Ring race results and Palm Springs recap video.

Great race everyone. We had some old faces return and a new face show up. Very enjoyable. See you all next week.

18. Depco

Depco Registered

There was a SNAFU with the track planned for this week. (Sachsenring) and it needed to be scrapped. We have decided to offer up NOLA Track "C" in replacement. The timing was too good to ignore.

19. Depco

Depco Registered

Post updated with Race results from NOLA and Video recap from Red Bull Ring.

20. Depco

Depco Registered

The final race has been run in this series. Our Points Champion was MikeeCZ. He ran away with the championship with alien level driving and an amazing consistency that could not be matched. A final listing of finishing positions will be posted on the VRC forums for those who care to check it out.

I would like to thank all of our drivers for their participation in the series and to all the members who made this series a smashing success. I would like to personally thank Tig_Green for co-administering this Series, Tom Lebeuf for all the hard work of putting together the race recap videos, AceLain for creation of the VRC Promotional video, Michael Kral for moderating our forums, and Melly Mem for creation of the advertising poster and numerous skins used in this series. Without the help of these talented members the administration of this League would be impossible.

VRC will now enter a brief 3 week off season as we embark on our run up to the next points series, VRC URD EGT. More information about this upcoming series will be posted as we finalize the details. Look for the registration to be opened for the series within the next week or so.

Again, Thanks to all who participated and we are looking forward to more great races in the future.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
    TIG_green likes this.