SP?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bkim, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Bkim

Bkim Registered

What are Studios 397 (terrible name!) plans concerning the peeps that only race SP races? Is there still work on AI or is that not important for Studio Whatever?

2. peterchen

peterchen Registered

They are working on this too, don´t worry. And when I understood correctly there will also other things come to
    boost the SP-experience.

3. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

"Work on AI"? rF2 AI is one of the best racing AI i have seen. Maybe he meant career or stuff like that? Doing practice, qualy and race in rF2 with AI is almost like driving against people. Move aside when they have blue flag, sometimes lose control and crash, bumper to bumper racing... But he must have meant career. I hope.

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

It may well be the best (currently) but there's always room for improvement :)

Alex72 likes this.
  5. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Of course. :) The guy said the devs dont even care regarding the AI and i wondered how having one of the best AI is "not caring". ;) But im sure he meant something else.

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

He did? Was that in some other thread?

7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Alex72 likes this.
  8. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Not sure i understand. If it was sarcasm then i meant that he couldnt have meant AI cause that would seem rather stupid. MarcG linked another post though and i guess OP just likes to complain.

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Alex72

I guess I just didn't read this:
    As this:
    Seems like we skipped straight from "is this important?" to "they don't care". Anyway, no big deal, I just wasn't sure your response really fitted the OP. But that OP does have a certain tone to it, too. Other threads, well, you start judging people by other threads and you start crossing threads everywhere with the same arguments... better to just judge posts I think.

Now what were we talking about? Oh yeah, AI... I think there can always be improvements, as MarcG said, and your first reply didn't give that impression at all. But the single player experience overall could certainly be improved, rF1 wasn't fantastic in that area but even it offered more.

10. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

So you judge me as well if you think the sim is great the way it is and no improvements can be made. I think i shown improvements is needed with other posts i made. Whatever. I didnt know if that was what he meant which is why i said that i didnt think so. His native language might not be english and mine certainly isnt. You made it into a big deal cause you wanted to throw a dig my way. But yeah, no biggie.

EDIT: Me thinking the AI is great doesnt mean i think its perfect, as i mentioned. The AI is great compared to many other titles in my opinion and others. But OP said AI is bad and that the dev's neglected it which i thought sounded strange and thought he didnt mean that (language). I just wanted to throw in a comment about that i dont think the AI is as bad as OP says. Maybe i didnt word it in a perfect way as im not a native english speaker. No idea how that was a reason to throw sarcasm at me though.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
  11. Depco

Depco Registered

The OP is clearly a troll. But you guys are rfactor 2 supporters. I don't know that anyone threw a dig at anyone else other than the OP throwing a dig at rfactor 2 itself.

I don't understand why people go out of their way to try to make rfactor 2 look bad. If you have a preferred sim why not just stay up there forums and try to make them look better. Frankly I think this thread should probably be deleted

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I thought your post seemed out of place, and I asked if there was another thread it was based on. It wasn't a dig at you.

But look again at your bolded part - that wasn't said by the OP at all, in this thread. Never said it was bad, never said it's been neglected. Just asked if it would still be worked on, and in your second reply you agreed it could still use improvement, despite being very good. That's all.

*Editing this just to answer the post below: no, he didn't edit it, that's why it doesn't say it's edited. Unlike this post, and yours. I didn't side with him, I don't agree with his tone nor his later posts in this thread - but that doesn't mean you can misquote him in here.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  13. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Well he changed it. You probably never saw his original post then. I reacted to OP's original comment but that doesnt mean you know how i think. Next time just ask instead of leaving a short sarcastic comment. I find it weird you sided with OP (having a dig at me shows that) when he said dev's have not put any effort into the AI. That is clearly not true. We seem to not understand each other so i will leave it with this.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
  14. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

1. Your first question is not very specific. What aspect of SP are you referring to, apart from what you touch on in your second question?
    2. Yes there is "still work on AI". I'm not sure where you got the idea that it is not important for them.

15. nightrider01

nightrider01 Registered

Agree,the AI give me goosebumps sometimes there that realistic,infact as a racing sim I think this is the best game out there at the moment

16. Bkim

Bkim Registered

For peeps find me a troll:
    rF2 is THE BEST Racesim i own. AMS comes close and Reiza is doing a incredible job but rF2 is definitely a step ahead in Physics and general game features. Weather and the combined roal feel simulation is blowing every other sim away. When racing some laps with R3E - AC or AMS, i always find myself coming back at rF2 to do some serious racing. Hopefully i have presented myself as a rF2 lover cause that is what i am.
    ISI existed of peeps that shared a love: simracing. And from that point of view they created this FANTASTIC racesim: they builed a racegame around a tire model. All other devs do it visa versa, which does not work for me.
    And then...suddenly BOOM, ISI gone and Studio Fucking whatever takes over. They are just a few weeks owner of the IP and they kill the online lifetime pass. Just like that (fingersnap). To me that is a very radical decision that i do not (!) take lightly. If they are able to make these kind s of decisions, im sure more will follow.
    So back to the basis of my first question in this thread: With the Online Lifetime pass (which made sure servers stayed clean from public server peeps that just screw around) gone, they head for the online community. That is a huge signal. So what about the SP players? Will Studio whatever kill SP just as easily as the Online pass?

17. peterchen

peterchen Registered

WUT????
    What the heck are you saying here???
    "Killing online pass"????
    They killed nothing, they did the only logical thing that ISI should have done from day 1 !!
    You talking as online isn´t existend anymore. Really don´t know what your problem is with online or if you propably understood something in the wrong way. However, your question is answered to full extend here. :confused:o_O

18. nightrider01

nightrider01 Registered

They tweaked the stock car rules and AI in the last patch,think that kind of confirms that they wont be killing off SP

19. Bkim

Bkim Registered

Now let’s talk about online. Since the release of rFactor 2 the pricing consisted of a one time payment and an online subscription, with the option of buying a lifetime version of that subscription. Over the years we have received a lot of questions about charging extra for online access, and what people were getting for this in return.

We understand that online racing is key to the future of the platform. As online racers ourselves, we have decided to provide online access for everybody with the Steam version for free – simplifying the pricing model and encouraging everybody to race online. Steam will take care of automated updates. We recognise that some of you have made this purchase over the past few months, and it was a difficult decision. However, we’re positive that you’ll agree we’ve made the right decision for the future of the platform.

Read dude:rolleyes:

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
  20. nightrider01

nightrider01 Registered

I think your reading too much into that statment,they have the best AI in the business with a solid single player experience that just needs a bit of tweaking here and there I can't see them throwing it all away and going all "iracing"

MarcG likes this.