[REL] Single Player Sound Pack for rF2 Spotter

Discussion in 'Other' started by TheLeadWolf, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

I love the samples in CC though. They at least sound recorded by one single guy? Doesnt sound like synthesized voice which make it sound very natural. And in AMS i think it reports on a lot of things. But yeah, so far i heave heard only "you are not that damaged, keep going mate". The "lost a wheel", "lost an important part", "flat tire" etc i heard in spotter and your pack. afaik. Hopefully it can be done in CC as well. But an AMS standard CC to start with would be very nice just because the voice is so professional and natural.

For now i really like spotter. Apart from the brake and tire temps always being too cold. :D Yeah, i know i have to set them all per car but i havent gotten around to it yet hehe. Oh, and a small touch make my crew chief think im dead "are you ok mate?!". They are not complaints though. I gotten used to it, and the 99% other info is invaluable. Super work and very appreciated.

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  2. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Alex, can't tell you about sounds - you may want to ask sector 3 studio forum CC creator.

We will be able to do in rF2 everything internal plugin modeL allows (s397 guys, if you read this, please make damage array work :) )

I expect to release intermediate version on shared memory plugin in 2-3 weeks and then move on to CC :)

Alex72 likes this.
  3. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Im pretty sure its recorded by a real person. And i love the swear option hehe. "Dont mind the f*cker in the mirror - just push!". :D

4. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Work on Crew Chief progresses, but, I am also racing the awesome rF2 and still using this Spotter. I am releasing this silly pack for adventurous and brave people who are annoyed (like me) by lack of driver names when rF2 decides to insert fake name into a grid. I analyzed how rF2 generates names and created 10000+ driver names to fill the gaps.

Use at your own risk, also, large download size 1Gb. I'd suggest backing up original Drivers folder, and restoring if this causes freezes on your system. Enjoy!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/aowg2zdqio1f5h8/rf2_spotter_sp_filler_pack_v0_90.zip.zip

5. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Is there any extra phrases that needs voice for rF2 or is it a matter of just getting it to work? Linking phrases etc? If extra phrases are needed will there be possibility to get recorded voice from the same source like the rest in CrewChief?

Hehe, i was just a little curious of the work you need to do. No stress. :)

6. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

I am first creating shared memory plugin. It is largely based on AMS plugin by gonzo, but I wanted to do some things differently, for no good reason really :D anyway, plugin is ready, I am packing it up (will upload first version to github in the next two weeks) and then I'll move to Crew Chief. The very first goal is to have AMS level of functioning, but then hopefully we can go beyound that.

BTW, thanks for understanding that this is something I do purely for fun and out of love :) But, I am doing it a small chunks every day, so. Plus, rF2 racing keeps me busy, so I am always torn between playing and coding :D

Alex72 likes this.
  7. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Awesome man. Im really happy and appreciate very much what you are doing. You are a hero. Without spotter you lose so much information, and it makes the simulators come alive way more. With CrewChief there will be even more alive and natural voice so im really happy you take the time to do this for the community. :) And AMS functionality to start with is really really really good. :cool:

8. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Don't give me all credit: mr_belowski and gonzo are the guys, I am just crazy enough about rF2 to port/improve their work.

BTW, to keep expectations realistic - keep in mind not all things might be working properly in rF2 internals. I am especially worried about damage stuff, I really hope it works well and we can have info like in pCars. Fingers crossed.

9. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Oh i know. I give thanks all over and i use CC in AMS and AC, but you are the guy who is trying to get it over to rF2(!) so you need a big thanks for that. :)

Yeah damage is nice in "spotter". Lots of info there. There is some damage stuff in CC, but not on the same level perhaps.