When will VR be here?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RRL Shadow, Jan 8, 2017.

1. RRL Shadow

RRL Shadow Registered

In september ISI announced VR support was coming shortly, but since then, no news.
    With studio 397 taking over, does anybody have an idea of when VR rFactor 2 will be a thing?

Thanks for the answers :)

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

3. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

cant wait for this myself, in fact I've thought about it so much I've allowed my iracing membership to expire and not using my motion setup awaiting rfactor2 VR implementation , really hope it doesn't run late

rfactor 2 I'm really sure is going to catch on big time during this year as if its a whole new title

bwana likes this.
  4. Woodee

Woodee Registered

When it's ready :D

5. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

last time Marcel said late Q1 2017

6. bwana

bwana Registered

Would love a 397 implemented voice command plugin in game to use with VR to cure wheel button control issues of using VR..

7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I find Wheel buttons easy to find personally but an in-game Voice Command would be pretty cool too :)

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Let's see...when will VR be here??? LONNNNG before I can afford it....

adamholc likes this.
  9. Paulfield

Paulfield Registered

Here is a link for voice commands called voice attack. I have been using this for years . Take the time to config your voice to your computer and you won't be disappointed. I use it as if i'm talking to my crew chief. Set tyre change , fuel, wing etc. I also use it for arma3 for 95%of my controls and works perfect. The best $8.00 I have spent.
    https://voiceattack.com/

Ernie, Purg and bwana like this.
  10. bwana

bwana Registered

Thanks Paulfield, Ive seen and read up aboout Voice attack , be cool to be part of the game rather than 3rd party I feel. MarcG I guess I need to map my buttons differently , nothing worse than bumping limiter whilst trying to adjust bias etc. ;) (13 buttons here..)

MarcG likes this.
  11. Louis

Louis Registered

which is the best vr gear on the Market now and which one rf2 will be compatible (are they all?)

12. bwana

bwana Registered

Ok , got Voice attack and set it up , quite good and will really help with goggle issues of VR, as for a game implemented version imagine if you can say "add 30 litres" rather than calling prompts for.. "pit" // "up" (to fuel Field) // then "increase" 30 times to get 30 litres in for example.. Is there another way to alter fueling increments rather than by the single litre/ gallon/pint in files ? I know you can set key hold down period as a solution but it would be nice to have another option in game for same.

13. rogue22

rogue22 Registered

Try to map as many buttons on your wheel and shifter as you can. I use muscle memory to find them. Only time I have difficulty is if I map anything to the keyboard.

14. bwana

bwana Registered

I do have all 13 wheel buttons mapped, just a bit easier if you can't see them to use voice attack. Plus the immersion of speaking to crew

15. Comante

Comante Registered

Hi, I was just wondering how the current technology VR could work with a motion rig, because I see a possible problem with "reference systems". What is your experience?

16. Bkim

Bkim Registered

Getting sick and tires about those VR fanboys...
    They only represent bloody 0,0001% of the racesim community. Why? Because you need to spend 2000 euro's for a VR device and a decent GPU and even then...u are staring at pixels. Why the hell are devs spending time and energy in a feature that is already dead?
    And before you drop the bomb on me, yes i have tried the oculus with AC and yes the experience was "funny". But i was not able to see a corner upcoming. All i saw were bloody pixels. And Racing is all about centimeters. VR is good for Pcars, GRID, Forza all that kind of kids game.
    Please keep rF2 a decent sim!

Now u may kill me ;)

Bee out

Ulrich Diedrichsen likes this.
  17. Comante

Comante Registered

Someday you will learn that one thing does not exclude the others. They can implement VR without leaving you waiting for some new feature that is apparent you can't wait to have. VR may not be largely diffused for the issue you pointed out, but you are the only one in the galaxy to think that it's a dead route. We will see in 10 years what display hardware we will have on the table.

bluet and MarcG like this.
  18. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I keep forgetting about Voice Attack, it's used in Elite by a large number of people and so could be used with Sims pretty well.

19. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

Do you think that the percentage of potential VR users is as low as you posted?
    https://www.statista.com/statistics/426429/hmd-virtuial-reality-unit-sales-worldwide/

20. PaulG

PaulG Registered

The only thing worse than VR fanboys are the haters that have to post in every thread with made up statistics and just all around misery.

bluet, Ernie and WhiteShadow like this.