AI failures

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nightrider01, Jan 11, 2017.

1. nightrider01

nightrider01 Registered

Don't know if I've missed a setting somewhere but not getting any AI mechanical failures,1hour left of a 12hour race at Sebring and all AI are still running,watching some indy car gameplay on you tube and the AI are dropping out all over the place with mechanical failures..help...its so unrealistic

2. nightrider01

nightrider01 Registered

there's this reply on a forum "for best results, during practice, disable fuel usage, tire wear, and mechanical failures",I've seen a mechanical failures option for me which is set on "normal" but not one for the AI

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Ignore that quote that's for AI Learning techniques, for racing try time scaled (I think it's called) for mechanical failures that may help. But don't expect drastic results, I don't think there's much difference.

4. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

Is it a 3rd party track? It sounds more like a poor AIW file.

5. nightrider01

nightrider01 Registered

It is yes the "Sebring" track from steam work shop,will have to try one of offical tracks

6. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Wich car?

7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I can't see how the AIW would be related to mechanical failures, maybe it is though!

8. nightrider01

nightrider01 Registered

I'm driving the gt2 corvette with the AI using the same as well as a few gt3 camaro's

9. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

Well it might be something else. I don't drive often with AI except for when im testing them and I would expect Sebring has a good AIW

10. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

You
    You'll be surprised what problems a bad AI can cause. Mechanical issues fueĺ issues no pitting

11. AceLain

AceLain Registered

well... the ISI Corvette GT2 is tuned for 24h races... so I would expect it to drive for that without problems...

I think the same goes for the Camaro.

12. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

I wouldn`t bet on that...

The default RevLimit is 6100 RPM, Lifetime is set to 5900/260, AI`s are shifting on ~ 5951. On each shifting they should loose 260 seconds engine lifetime...? Livetime Avg is 95000 with a random var of 25000.

13. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I'm well aware of what a bad AIW can cause but how that is directly linked to Mechanical Failures is what I would like to know, is there any proof of this? I rarely see AI get Mechanical Failures over long distances on ISI/Good AIW tracks to forgive me if I find it strange :)
    I'd think that this area is more to do with actual AI Code in telling the game "when" an AI car should be forced to retire, after all there aren't that many Mechanical Failures for the Human driver to deal with let alone the AI.

14. Emery

Emery Registered

Think you misjudge the 260 seconds... that would mean exceeding the 95000 lifetime is only 366 shifts.

15. Slamfunk3

Slamfunk3 Registered

As far as I am aware the engine is the only car part which allows you to set it's lifetime and variable. However inside each track layout's .gdb file is a setting which tells the sim how "damanding" a track is on a car. I'm not home to double check right now but it's one of the first lines in the file and most tracks are set to the value 30. I've found that changing it to even 35 has a big effect on the failures. Setting it to 40 while running a 90 minute F1 race caused 80% of the field to DNF due to brake, suspension and gearbox problems. I will check and edit this post later with more detailed info.
    TK

MarcG likes this.
  16. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Therefore the question...