Stock Car Guide Part 1: The Full-Course Caution

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

2. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Is it the same code behind the FCY be it with or without the stock car plugin?

3. Christopher Elliott

Do you mean, if you need to run the plugin or not for Stock car?

4. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Kind of, the code back in rF1 days had its bugs so I wonder if it was updated in rF2 base or the stock car plugin runs a different, improved one. We are now at a 80% chance of moving our leagues to rF2 and we use FCY in them (GT3 and LMS leagues) it's fun

5. Taris Henrique

Taris Henrique Registered

Nice Tutorial Chris ..... Is possible make the penaltys informations visible to everyone? In online races it would be nice if the Administrator could see what penaltys were given by the game.

I make a similar tuto to portugues a time ago.... I will translate this one too.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=678312187

Christopher Elliott likes this.
  6. Taris Henrique

Taris Henrique Registered

Would be nice a Server/Admin tutorial too... Some league admins have many doubts in the moment who will config the server....

Christopher Elliott likes this.
  7. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

Thx S397 much appreciated for all the Noobs that don't understand Stockcar Rules......

Alex72 and Christopher Elliott like this.
  8. Christopher Elliott

Certain things you need the plugin for, Lucky Dog, EOLL, double file restarts, etc.
    However, you can still have fully functional FCYs for road course racing, without the Stock Car plugin running.

9. bravotangosix

bravotangosix Registered

Thanks for this. It would be awesome to have the series PDF'd and printable. It would make checking the info/rules so much easier when in race (offline of course) until you can get up to speed with what is happening.

10. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Good thing thank you.:)

11. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Guides are always appreciated, especially for complex stuff like sock car rules.

I am still back in kindergarten, though. I need the pit lane speed limit to be displayed somewhere on screen the entire time I am in the pits or in the approach lane (this has been needed for 10 years for any cars and tracks, not just stock cars). I also need to be told the car number of the driver I am supposed to stay behind or pass. I don't memorize the entire field of random AI or online players and match their car numbers/skins to them prior to every session or race. It's difficult enough to follow the LSI instructions even if you can immediately identify who is who! Or have the names (Tab) automatically appear while these instructions are given.

12. nightrider01

nightrider01 Registered

is this plugin a mod I need to install?

13. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Very nice guide, thank you. And i think i agree with Mark Collins above regarding seeing both name and number when the rules show up for easier understanding while in a heated race.

14. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

• Make sure that driver labels (name tags) are always showing during a full-course caution. The default key to show driver labels is TAB.
    This means you have the driver names above the car. You can assign a button if you wish to toggle these on and off.
    The driver you need to follow is in yellow...

You can enable "stockcar mode" in the option => "plugin" tab. Toggle the stockcar.dll on.
    And select the stockcar RaceEvent.

A RaceEvent makes use of the propper race rules the series require. For example: the DRS rules for F3.5 and FISI.

bravotangosix likes this.
  15. Christopher Elliott

Thanks for the input so far, we'll keep in mind your feedback for future guides.
    This guide is the first, and it wasn't meant to cover everything Stock car. We've seen questions about how "full course cautions" work, so it's meant as a primer to have a basic understanding of how it rolls out in rFactor 2.

bravotangosix and MarcG like this.
  16. Christopher Elliott

Yes I agree, that would be useful.
    Alternatively, you can use the Stockcar HUD (available in the UI via Options - Onscreen Display) It has colored warning lights on the "tach" for when you approach the speed limit.

Gijs van Elderen likes this.
  17. DreamLAN Master

DreamLAN Master Registered

I'm I reading that correctly? The Lucky Dog passes the field low? I'm not going to say that I'm 100 clear on the rules but in past Stock Cars sims that I've run, the LD passed on the outside. One problem I can see with that happening with the LD passing low, is when you have cars start pulling down to enter the pits, that would seem to cause a mess.
    Thanks...

lordpantsington likes this.
  18. Christopher Elliott

Yes that's how it's currently handled in rF2.

19. bwana

bwana Registered

Will be cool if someone creates a spotter saying all this , in abbreviated form .. Thanks again 397 . pushing rf2 along nicely..!!

20. sg333

sg333 Registered

Thanks for the writeup. I cant imagine what it was like to implement all of those rules in rF2, quite the accomplishment ;)