Rf2 gravel/snow physics joke or not?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Korva7, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

Is rf2 gravel/snow stuff usable?
    When the isi ATV + gravel track was released i thought it was kind of joke (like the van), which of course didn't give any confidence on the realism of the gravel driving physics. So i would like to ask if someone knows if the the gravel physics in rf2 was seriously done and realistic?

One of the best things i can think of would be rf2 + rallycross/rally/hillclimb if done with the same level of realism as tarmac racing.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

rFactor 2 doesn't do loose surface physics at all.

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

you'll want to take a look at AMS, Reiza have loose surface physics and it's pretty darn good.

4. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

Not sure about this, I think it is more a tires tweak, isn't the road...are tires which work in a different way...

5. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

It's a compromise of both to fake the behavior as explained by old posts and even a video by Niels.

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

aahh yeah I may not of been 100% correct but either way it has a decent loose surface part of the game none the less :)

7. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

Ok. I have driven AMS rallycross and it feels pretty good to me.
    I quess doing very realistic loose surface physics would be so much work that it would need to be a new game all together.
    I wonder if it is possible to make AMS rallycross level mods in rf2 at the moment?

8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

iRacing? I'm not sure what they're up to with their loose surface physics but somethings happening with them. As for AMS Tracks in RF2, just get AMS as it won't be the same in RF2 regardless of conversion quality, plus you won't get the two cars :)

klaasvh likes this.
  9. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

Oh yeah, didn't remember that iracing thing. That is interesting, but sadly iracing is not really an option for me.

With AMS rallycross level mod i meant anykind of loose surface mod (car + track) and whether it would be possible to achieve same level of physics realism as in ams rallycross mod.

10. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

I already had linked this video on community videos thread, but i put it here too because that looks very interesting to me.

I think rf2 has advantage on suspension and tyre flex physics compared to other sims, and it makes me think that even with just ok loose surface physics rf2 rally/rallycross could be very good.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  11. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

Currently you have to do it same way as rF1 (fake it).

As you mentioned, rF2 has certain advantages over rF1 on RX environment. On track side, you can reach at least same level of loose surface "simulation" like rF1.

This is actually something I'd like to test at some point, if we have 4WD RX/rally car...

12. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

13. Love Guitars n Cars

Love Guitars n Cars Registered

I picked up Dirt Rally over the holidays and it's awesome.