[REL] DAMPlugin for rF2

Discussion in 'Other' started by Lazza, Jul 18, 2015.

1. walsh_luke

walsh_luke Registered

That's exactly what I've been doing, I knew it would be something simple... :D

Thanks both!

2. Eddy

Eddy Registered

@Lazza is it correct that not all cars log camber? Or am I doing something wrong.
    GT500 I've got camber channels but for indycar I don't. Just as an example

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Some cars have turned off certain channels, I think the DW12 was one that has quite a few disabled. I couldn't say whether that includes camber as it's only just been switched on so we haven't been able to tell :D

Eddy likes this.
  4. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Thank you for confirming :)

5. Feralarri

Feralarri Registered

Hi Lazza is it possible to get L/Lap from the game or is it possible to set up a maths statement to do this?

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

On a blank worksheet area Add a Channel Report. Add the Fuel Level channel, and tick the Val Chng box. That will display the change in fuel level for whichever lap(s) you select.

7. Feralarri

Feralarri Registered

Thanks Lazza for your help

8. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

Alternatively you can change the properties on the channel report to Report on, Selected Outings or All Loaded Outings. In the past I would average these, as well as laptime to get l/min. Never found a way to pull the Channel Report data and calculate automatically. :(

Feralarri likes this.
  9. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Would it be possible to include a fuel mixture in the logging of data? Would be nice to use as a check with the URD GT cars :)

Euskotracks likes this.
  10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I haven't checked the 'unused' parts yet, but from previous form it's unlikely to be reported to plugins.

11. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Thanks, hopefully with the latest build something has changed in that regard but I won't hold my breath.

12. Araripe

Araripe Registered

How can I enable the capture of the wheel rotation? The wheel pic is not moving when I use the telemetry software, it's like it's not even being computed at all :(

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

At the moment the plugin only provides a steering percentage. Actually more recently I think rF2 has started providing the physical steering wheel range so I might need to look at adding that.

In the meantime, you have 2 options:
    • Set up a channel which multiplies your known maximum steering lock by the Steering channel, to arrive at steered angle, or
    • Use the front wheel Toe values to calculate the actual steered angle (at the wheels), though this won't really reflect your steering wheel rotation unless you multiply it out as appropriate.

To do the first one for example:
    1. In i2Pro, in the menus select Tools -> Maths
    2. Click Add Expression
    3. For the name, type in "Steered Angle"
    4. Set the Quantity to Angle, Display Units to degree, and result unit to degree.
    5. Above the list of channels at the bottom, is a Search... box. Type "steer" into that, and double-click the "Steering" channel.
    6. You'll now have this in your expression window: 'Steering' [%]
    7. You need to multiply that steering percentage by your available wheel rotation (in one direction), then divide by 100 to cancel out the percentage. For example, I run 450° wheel rotation, so half is 225°. I edit the line until it shows this: 'Steering' [%] * 225 / 100
    8. Click Ok, and then Close.
    9. Right-click the steering wheel gauge, set the Scale to Manual Scale, and set min and max to -90 and 90 respectively. (this tells it to turn the wheel 90° when your calculated value has changed 90° - sounds obvious, but it can't know what you've calculated)
    You should find the steering wheel gauge now operates correctly.

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Question for you regarding yaw: what were you thinking of having for it? If we go degress it'll flick between 0 <-> 360 at some point, I'm not sure how intuitive or useful (data-wise) that would be. Would some sort of rate suffice instead? deg/sec, that kind of thing?

(sorry for the delay lol)

*Actually, I've just realised what I've proposed there is basically the same as the LocalRot vector I'm currently not logging. I should log that, and the LocalRotAccel just to make sure (lol) and if I'm going to include Yaw it'll just be degrees or radians. That makes sense.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  15. smbrm

smbrm Registered

Thanks Lanza. Does that also mean that the steering lock value is not part of this calculation?

16. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

Steering lock relates to tire rotation at maximum wheel angle.

17. smbrm

smbrm Registered

Thanks, I guess when we use the word wheel, we need to clarify which wheel(s). My question is about the steered angle of the wheels on the ground, not the steering wheel used for driver input. I believe the original poster was referring to the steering wheel. My question more properly clarified refers to the steered angle of the wheels on the road. Cheers

18. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

Tire rotation is indeed already logged with this plugin. It is the "tire toe" channel that Lazza mentioned before. Considering ackermann you may want to average both tire channels.

19. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

I'm recieving a random dialog message about "not enough space for thread data", C++ code...

I suspect that is from data acquisition plugin, but not sure, anyone know something about it?

20. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Quick google suggests this can happen if DLLs are loaded incorrectly, or it happens multiple times quickly. There's certainly no thread related stuff in my plugin, so it's not a direct cause. I don't know what would make your system more likely to produce the error.

*Oops, my first google of TLS led me astray. Thread Local Storage (TLS) is what I was after, so it's just threads related.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017