Released rFactor 2 Build 1108 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Dec 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

server responded with invalid data ? :(:(:(:(?

2. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

server responded with invalid data ? Multiplayer not working:(:(:(:(????

3. jjcook

jjcook Registered

multiplayer works fine - what do you mean "server responds with invalid data"....not as far as im concerned it doesnt - b...but ....what data? what server? what response?

it seems you are trying to join something that you do not have the content for - that is normal - you need the content - go look for it

if its public , tell me what it is and ill help you find it -

4. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Probably the server isn`t updated?

5. jjcook

jjcook Registered

no i dont think thats it - the ones in the list with an old build dont give you a 'join' button ....just above the button it says "different version"

i just tried to get that message 'invalid data"- no package just says "package not available " but i seem to remember seeing the 'invalid data' message someplace before ....the poster may need help describing the problem

'check url for validity " comes up if you are missing content and have tried to connect via the old launcher /server list in the library - the download starts then will supply a fail message for each package , and at the end of all attempts a red message to check url validity .....something to do with not having or being able to download the content -

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
  6. jjcook

jjcook Registered

really ? thats your complaint - ? its not rfactor 2 man - thats the people who run that server - there are lots of servers you can join that are set up for you to get the content - they work really well - but are currently too slow on the download for some reason - you can go to a server list from the library in steam and get faster downloads - several people know that trick , if you find a download snag , try it - tis faster for sure - bam!!! -like that :)

i checked the server you mention <4E *>- it has a ton of content on it and its not all downloadable, i was able to get the mod itself by the method above , so now know whats in there ------but i think its full of ai anyhow - now there is a worthy complaint !

7. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Since this update
    Hm...wait...they kept the version number. Could this be the reason? My rF2 still shows Version 1108.

8. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

The version is 1108, and it happens to me with all the servers

Plus the packages are good and downloaded

:oops::oops::oops:::(?

9. jjcook

jjcook Registered

i hadn't considered that , my game updates when i open steam , i stopped worrying about it because you can roll back with a beta if in a jam - i didnt even know it updated until i read the post about it - "1108 update 1"- you can roll back to a beta 1108 -

10. jjcook

jjcook Registered

oh - well you need to either make sure you have the latest 1108 update 1 or back up the files you want to keep and reinstall it

if you look in your beta tab in rfactor 2 properties in steam then you can check to see if 1108 is available as a beta

right click rfactor 2 in your library list and click properties- it will bring a dialogue box with a tab for betas - look in the drop down list there should be previous builds listed - 1108 should be there if you now have update 1

there is also a tab there for updates- you can view your update history there too- mine says 1108 update 1 when i click it

assuming you dont already know this stuff

11. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Yes, but it is absolutly unusually, to make changes on a software, without changing the version number.

12. jjcook

jjcook Registered

yah 1108.1....if i wasnt paying attention i would not have known it was updated but the whole same version thing is confusing

Juergen-BY likes this.
  13. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

ID: xxx3400

14. Eddy

Eddy Registered

It still is build 1108 but with a fix so to check if you have got the fix do:
    The Steam BuildID for this update is 1543400, and you can check your BuildID by opening the Steam Client, going into the library, then right click on rFactor 2 to open the context menu. From there, choose “Properties” and in the window that opens select the tab called “Local Files”. The “Current content BuildID” is mentioned there.

If you've got another BuildID you don't have the fix.

Juergen-BY likes this.
  15. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

For the casual gamer a bit complicated, isn`t it? I would expect a proper version information from the launcher screen. And where you will get the information, wich Steam BuildID is the actual/latest one?

16. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

this update is only a fix on folder stuff, should not cause any problem. I raced yesterday in a server that was not updated and had no issues

17. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

We did not change the build number because the fixes we made are completely multiplayer compatible.

Euskotracks and Eddy like this.
  18. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

This error occurs after the 1st update 1108, now is with the update 1543400, does not let me play online with any server , whether it is official or public

Just work offline

19. stonec

stonec Registered

Have you tried the S397 official servers? I have no problems.

20. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

Does not work with any server, I do not have rfactor 2 online

This is disappointing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.