Matsusaka Stuck Verifying at 1%

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by The_Preacher, Dec 24, 2016.

1. The_Preacher

The_Preacher Registered

I just did a fresh Steam install of everything on a new hard drive and when I launched for the first time it downloaded all autosubscribed item fine but when verifying the files it freezes on Matsusaka at 1%.

I completely removed rfactor 2 again and downloaded it again but I still have the same problem.

Any ideas?

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

3. The_Preacher

The_Preacher Registered

Thanks. It did used to work, it's just since my uninstall and reinstall of Steam.

I just unsubscribed for now so and at least everything else installed fine.

4. TheMenace1978

TheMenace1978 Registered

I'm having exactly the same problem. I just bought rFactor thru Steam 2 days ago. Installed and when launched and the process reaches Matsusuka it hangs at 1% even after 30 minutes. I have reinstalled, restart the system etc.
    Windows 10 64-bit, 8GB RAM, SSD, antivirus is disable for Steam folders etc.
    Also tried do download and extra the track itself, but the MAS application says it can't extract the rfcmp file....
    Any tips?

5. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

If you have this problem and you can reproduce it, can you please get in touch with me (open a conversation with me for example). We are having problems reproducing it, but if I can work with someone who has this all the time, I'm pretty confident I can track down and fix it (or at least I'll try my best :) ).

Lgel likes this.
  6. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

Could you guys check if you have a :Steamapps/common/rFactor2/Installed/Locations/3PA_Matsusaka_2015 folder?

If you have this folder:
    - Delete it. (Cut/past the folder to desktop)
    - And open the rF2 Launcher.

The track will try to reinstall.

If this doesn't work, something is wrong with the 3PA_Matsusaka_2015.rfcmp file.

3PA_Matsusaka_2015.jpg

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
  7. Marcel Offermans

Or even better: don't delete it but move it to a different location and if that solves the problem, try sending me the contents of that folder for testing! :)

Gijs van Elderen likes this.
  8. balage06

balage06 Registered

Hi everyone, I've bought the game recently and I have the same issue with Matsusaka. I tried many things to solve it, but nothing helps.

9. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Can you tell us what you tried? :)

10. balage06

balage06 Registered

Well, I'm also using Windows 10 64 bit and my system specs are: i5 4690, 8GB RAM, GTX 960 2GB

- I checked my HDD's integrity and then verified the game cache via Steam (no errors were found)
    - Completely removed and reinstalled the game
    - Disabled my anti-virus software
    - Unsubscribed from the item in the workshop and tried to install the track manually with the .rfcmp file
    - Tried to run the Launcher in compatibility modes (Windows 8/7/XP)

Christopher Elliott likes this.
  11. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Thank you :)

12. The_Preacher

The_Preacher Registered

That directory doesn't exist. It's also not in the cache directory like other 3PA locations.

I've tried the workshop and also downloaded the rfcmp file directly from the Matsusaka thread and tried to install it from the packages directory but it does the same thing.

Interestingly, I had this location previously and it was working fine. It's just that I uninstalled steam and did a fresh install and this problem raised its head.

13. TheMenace1978

TheMenace1978 Registered

Hi, I did exactly the same as Balage06 described to try to fix the solution.
    I've now unsubscribed the track from Steam and then the game will launch.
    On the location: Steamapps/common/rFactor2/Installed/Locations/ there wasn't a 3PA_Matsusaka_2015 folder.

@Marcel Offermans, I will contact you directly in Dutch ;-)

Marcel Offermans likes this.
  14. Marcel Offermans

Thanks for getting in touch guys!

15. TF22Raptor

TF22Raptor Registered

Hello new customer here for Rfactor 2 (I bought Rfactor 1 many years ago).

I have this exact issue that was reported here.

The Rfactor2 Launcher hangs at 1% when trying to verify Matsusaka

I don't have a matsusaka folder at steamapps\comon\rFactor2\installed\locations

I searched for "matsusaka on my hdd and the file file that shows up is
    steamapps\workshop\content\365960\705367165\3PA_Matsusaka_2015-v100.rfcmp

If someone can please tell me what I need to do to fix this.

Any help would be great

16. The_Preacher

The_Preacher Registered

Unfortunately a permanent solution to this problem is yet to be found. If you have this issue with one item it is likely you will have it with others and the frequency is increasing.

Matsusaka was originally the only track I had an issue with. Then NOLA Motorsports park had the same issue. And now that Studio 397 has updated Indy to DX11 it now freezes at 41%. The DX11 updated Enduracers mod now also hangs.

There is however a workaround. Unsubscribe from Matsusaka from the workshop and go to the Matsusaka thread here:

https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/matsusaka-circuit-v1-00-now-available.52836/

and download the rfcmp file. Then use the old mod manager to install it as per these instructions:

http://www.simracingpro.com/threads/managing-rfactor-2-content.3918/

Hope this helps.

17. Marcel Offermans

We have a very strong suspicion that some virus scanners are interfering with these installs, so if you have one installed, please try to disable it and then resubscribe/reinstall again (and let us know if that helped). We have never been able to reproduce this issue so far.

18. The_Preacher

The_Preacher Registered

Just disabled Norton 360 and retried Indy. Still stuck verifying.

Interestingly, when the Enduracers mod failed, I uninstalled rfactor 2 off my SSD and reinstalled on my mechanical drive where it used to live and work fine. The Enduracers mod now installs but still no luck with Indy. Really strange as I said previously it all used to work fine on this computer. I only started having this issue after doing a fresh Steam install. Oh well. First world problems and all that.

19. TF22Raptor

TF22Raptor Registered

Thanks for the reply Preacher and Marcel.

Marcel I tried disabling all of my virus scanner and firewall completely, it did not make any difference just hanged at 1%. As soon as I unsubscribed from the workshop as Preacher suggested the installation continued.

I was hoping VR would be in this build, is there any easy way for me to enable VR in Rfactor 2? I know it was in beta not long ago etc. It's very hard to use simulations without the VR experience once you get used to using it as you would know.

20. MarcG

MarcG Registered

VR has been in since the first release of the DX11 build on May 1st, you need to go to the settings tab in the launcher and select VR.