[REL] Endurance Series rF2

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by klo-che, May 8, 2015.

1. gigignecco

gigignecco Registered

Fantastic mod, for me one of the best ever. Flat 6 too. I have g25. thank you.

Attached Files:

2. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

I installed the MOD yesterday for the first time, and I have to say that the Lola P2 is lovely to drive with every engine, in special with the HPD V8.

Claudio Navonne likes this.
  3. ucfquattroguy

ucfquattroguy Registered

After having the opportunity to put in some decent seat time in several cars from both the Enduracers and APEX GT3, I'm now getting a better sense of what has been described earlier in the thread RE: The inertia. Now, I'm not sure if it's a matter of the cars being woefully under damped (specifically rebound), or, if it's the actual inertia values showing this....but...using the "Flat 6" as my base, the ES version seems *slightly* sluggish on initial steering input, which changes to transitionally loose or tail-happy when the weight actually transfers (i.e. the dampers not doing an adequate job of controlling the weight transfer). Maybe I'll try some laps later today with more damper and less spring (between those two changes, the overall damping ratio will increase). I did notice that the ES Flat-6 car runs substantially more spring than the APEX car, but I have no idea what the actual wheel rates/frequencies are because the ES MAS files are encrypted. MOTEC data does confirm that the APEX car is "more damped" relatively speaking compared to the ES car.

Come to think of it, the feeling is fairly similar to the first versions of the ISI C6R GT2 car (obviously not identical but similar, as the weight is in a difference place between the two). I seem to remember being able to tame it a bit with more damper. We will see...

Enduracers Team: I really really really like this mod. Keep it up. I'm more than confident that you guys will get the physics numbers dialed in for future updates/releases.

4. Lgel

Lgel Registered

I also enjoy driving all the others P2.
    Cheers.

5. ucfquattroguy

ucfquattroguy Registered

Before I did some additional testing with the Flat6 GTE car, I ran some laps in the GTC/GT3 Cup car. There is definitely a feeling in the GTC car that doesn't exist in the GTE car. The steering feels a bit more connected and the car has less of a "pendulum" effect with respect to weight transfer. More "alive", if you will.

Moving on to the GTE car, you can tell right away the steering doesn't feel as direct. Now, after going with softer springs and more damper resistance, I could feel some of the weight transfer induced swinging around started to reduce. Added a few clicks stiffer front ARB and it helped yet again. While the car still feels a bit disconnected in the steering, you can definitely tune away some of the symptoms we have been discussing previously.

All testing was done at Matsusaka/Suzuka. I felt the sweeping nature of the circuit would be best to expose the traits we are trying to deal with.

6. klo-che

klo-che Registered

In case you guys missed it.

https://www.facebook.com/EnduRacers-Modding-Team-267099786652429/?ref=bookmarks

7. klo-che

klo-che Registered

[​IMG]

Dear community,

We would like the confirm you that we will be releasing in the upcoming weeks a new build update of our MODs, Endurance Series rF2 and Flat6 Series rF2, linked to the release of the rFactor2 DX11 first build and the fact that our shaders are not working correctly on DX11. The new builds will include the following changes :

* Graphics : Updated bodywork shader.
    * Graphics : Updated dashboard display devices shader.
    * Physics : Correction of cars inertia values.

TurboPig78, fab06, lemming77 and 43 others like this.
  8. rubennaatje

rubennaatje Registered

Great to hear, also nice oreca05 you got there :D

jayarrbee36 likes this.
  9. oldman

oldman Registered

Thank you, really looking forward to the update.

10. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Will this make the mod lighter? Saw some reports that when a Enduracers car is in front of you there is more fps drop than in any other mod in DX11. Didn't check it yet myself

11. sman

sman Registered

Increase your caster gives more feeling and all GTE P@ cars giving me a hugh FFB but thats with a OSW have to reduce carspecifics FFB back from 1.00 to 0,32 otherwise cant turn the wheel anymore and in crash i brake my arms (

rubennaatje likes this.
  12. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

Great to hear an update is coming. I know it sin't going to be a full release, but seeing the Oreca, is it safe to assume that the Oreca would be included :)

The physics fix will be a welcome addition! Really looking forward to it!

Sebastien Sestacq and Alex72 like this.
  13. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Awesome news, thanks guys! :)

14. rubennaatje

rubennaatje Registered

Really doubt that it's included, I guess they'll be saving that for 2.0 (or service pack 1, don't know how they'll call it). I'd guess it would be included with the change log if that was the case.

15. klo-che

klo-che Registered

Exactly.

rubennaatje likes this.
  16. LokiD

LokiD Registered

so could this MOd be best GT mod out there with the physics fix.?

17. klo-che

klo-che Registered

Yesterday we released on another forum some early screenshots of the DX11 development in process, so we release them here too :

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Stay tuned !

18. FuzzyFassbender

FuzzyFassbender Registered

Thanks for the update @klo-che , really looking forward to the DX11 and physics updates!

19. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Awesome Mr K. I will enter one teeny tiny complaint. On the Ligier, the clear glass covers for the headlights looks like it was removed. You see the outline where the glass should meet the carbon fender but then it is difficult to see the glass itself. Makes the front fenders look a little truncated. Could just be the angle of the images but may be something that needs a little highlight.

20. Paulfield

Paulfield Registered

Is there a chance you could increase the seat range in all the cars.
    Just thought I would ask.
    Great mod.