Released rFactor 2 Build 1108 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Dec 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. felirrari

felirrari Registered

I updated the drivers, but nothing has changed. I'm afraid of doing a fresh install and the problem persists. Reduced the antialiasing, shadow quality and some few things. Not effective. Even GTA V is running better than this.

2. Nibo

Nibo Registered

@felirrari, check, maybe some plugin that your are running causing this. Try turning off all plugins and restarting rF2 and go on track.

I have good performance with latest build and 770 card.

UPD. Also, maybe try to backup your UserData\player dir, then remove player.json file. So that rF2 created new one on next start. If this does not help - return your old player and controller json files in place.

3. Joel.Brown

Joel.Brown Registered

Update worked great for me. Steam is awesome.

cantfindtheracingline likes this.
  4. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

wrong thread..

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  5. Pedra Junior

Pedra Junior Registered

RoboCAT10 likes this.
  6. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

So much whine in this thread. I get that the game still has issues that need sorting, but moving to Steam/free lifetime is not one of them.

7. TonyRickard

TonyRickard Registered

The answer is that it is a strategic decision made for the future of the platform. Changes in pricing strategy happen all the time.

8. Georg

Georg Registered

I haven`t bought lifetime but I bought 3 years in a row the subscription and the 4th one for moving to steam. And I`m happy about every paied euro helping the development.

What do you do when the graphic card you just bought is 100EUR less 2 weeks later?

9. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Lifetime is still a lot cheaper than a single year of iracing. :D

Now, may hell break loose. Haha.

10. TheGrunt

TheGrunt Registered

If it would've happened three weeks and one day ago, there would be another dude complaining of the same thing. The fact is, that the pricing model change happens at some point. Period.

I've had the life time subscription for about year and a half or so. Can't remember. And I don't even play the multiplayer, so I didn't gain anything by having it. I've also bought so many games during the years, which I have barely launched. In the mean time, I have around 300 hours in rF2 Steam and most likely dozens more with the ISI Store version, so the amount of money spent on the useless subscription isn't really that much considering the amount of time spent with the game.

All in all, good riddance and wise decision from Studio 397. Just blocking the server browser behind a paywall was definitely a stupid decision from ISI back in the day. Although I didn't understand all the complaining behind it as the subscription was pretty reasonably priced (compared to iRacing for example), but it definitely didn't help the rF2 to gain playerbase. It was simply one aspect which brought bad rep for the game throughout its past.

cantfindtheracingline and bwana like this.
  11. felirrari

felirrari Registered

I will try it tonight. Thanks. As soon as I test, I'll reply here.

12. hoover

hoover Registered

Grats on the first ever S397 release, guys, well done!

Uwe

13. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

The Steam sale for the holiday season will surely cause another wave of wailing...

Ho3n3r and bwana like this.
  14. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

If it was unfortunate to get into steam, more unfortunate to laugh at everyone who has wagered and bought rfactor 2 for lifetime

And say that it is for the future of the platform does not believe anyone

By the way 6 months waiting for this update for so little thing is also regrettable

15. stonec

stonec Registered

The old non-Steam rF2 launcher works if you start it both with or without Internet connection. The only time it needs to check with authorization server is first time you activate the product.
    So you rather enjoy your non-Steam lifetime licensed rF2 but with none to play against online because the game is dead?

bwana likes this.
  16. Boldaussie

Boldaussie Registered

Most people run against the much touted AI ( rightly so) as the online presence is limited and ALSO very unpopular and daunting for new people. At least Ai are pace settable to your own level at the time. Rfactor is a real sim and users are not normally on the pace short term. Hopefully this will change over time now.

TonyRickard and Obbzy_XR_ like this.
  17. TonyRickard

TonyRickard Registered

As a sim racing enthusiast I generally have all the current sims and have done so for pretty much for the last 25 years, it isn't like we have one every month after all. Steam makes rF2 much more accessible. As for the "wager" it isn't like it was some kind of crowd funding investment, it was paying for a service that is now included as part of the core package. There is no withdrawal of the service, quite the reverse it should improve with swelling numbers.

18. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

Wake up !!! Steam is a waste to play, do not say stupid things , And giving Rfactor 2 to people is a disrespect to the people I support rfactor2 , And the latest update is anything but a great update

19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The latest update is the first by a new company working in a new direction. If you were expecting loads of features you were thinking stupid things, to use your own phrase.

20. Boldaussie

Boldaussie Registered

With the announcement that free updating from pre steam to steam will finish at the end of next month, the update is more a way to convince those that haven't yet done so to do so if they wish to play rfactor2 online.

This means you won't be able to play online from this update on from non steam versions unless someone chooses to run a server/s with the v1098 on it or update to steam for free as of Feb 2017. Lets see the wood for the trees people, the update was really not supposed to be anything more and will serve its purpose as intended.

TonyRickard likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.