Released rFactor 2 Build 1108 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Dec 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bwana

bwana Registered

Nice site but doesn't included content of server , in fact you get that same info in game ATM .

Flaux likes this.
  2. guod

guod Registered

For those that like StockCars, there is at least one. :) It'll go back offline in 4-5 hours but it is there now just for people to check their 1108 installs. It is clean loaded including new JSONs.

Name: StockCarSimRacing.com test
    Password: -no password-

3. stonec

stonec Registered

The mistake of ISI was to create the vmod concept. In rF1/AMS "rfmod" indicates which car series is installed. In rF2, an rfmod can be anything with 1...n tracks and 1...n cars. So basically the current matchmaker shows the same information as rF1/AMS matchmaker, the rfmod, that is. The difference is, in rF2 the definition on rfmod changed.

bwana likes this.
  4. Carbon

Carbon Registered

Thanks for the update.

Its so much better now that the multiview gizmo settings are staying at the value I set.

5. felirrari

felirrari Registered

It was 0 already

6. gornes

gornes Registered

I don't know if this was already covered, but I am getting this issue where I can get in the server but nothing works, no track view, can't get on the track, and all settings in garage not adjustable. Tried with several servers, and it happened after the update. Reinstalled the whole sim twice already and the problem is still there.
    So for now I basically can't race online.
    Here is now it looks, it's one of S397 open servers.

7. TPG

TPG Registered

Check your Network Settings, looks like you're joining as a Spectator.

8. rer8

rer8 Registered

9. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Well now HDR is on full time. That will cost FPS big time depending on GPU getting the same FPS as before update will be hard.

10. stonec

stonec Registered

Well HDR on Full HD res with a GTX 970 should be easy peasy. The game was released in 2012 and even a GTX 680 can max it out on that res. rF2 runs with two threads, so on an i7 with 8 threads (2 per core), I guess it's normal that only 1 core is active. All I could think of is try with a fresh rF2 install and some different GPU drivers, Nvidia released a bad driver a couple of months ago.

Ernie likes this.
  11. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Im not sure what older gpu's can handle, it was just a thought. I run at 4k max settings and sparse grid x4 on a GTX 1070/i5 6600k.

12. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

On this site it has "get mod" but when i click it it says installation aborted , package is not defined on game server .
    Can you help me to figure out why it wont install .

13. Ian Birch

Ian Birch Registered

Although the news of free online play is welcome, I'm disgusted that I was allowed to pay the full lifetime price when I bought the game 3 weeks ago - £40 wasted.

RoboCAT10 and Pedra Junior like this.
  14. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Hard to swallow I guess. At least you get what you paid for. Some other games can't even keep that simple promise...

I had to change tires today and it cost me about 100 € just for the change of 4 tires...(stupid Runflat tires). Then I found out a different Garage would have done it for 64 €.... So.... I know the feeling...

15. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

I run rF2 with 40 cars avg just fine with a HD7850 1gb :D never turned off the HDR, the game looked horrible the only time I tried. 60 fps easily, only hard moment is the start of the race but the auto detail fps helps to keep things running fine till everyone spread
    Tho I prefer P CARS on visual and performance (even if I run it at 35~55fps, please read well I'm talking about visuals/performance, not the game itself), rF2 can have random frame drops with things like night and rain while P CARS stay stable in every situation and it looks better, way better despite lower settings, same for AC they both can look better at low-med than rF2 on full. Hope this will be changed in near future

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  16. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

What happened ?
    I get this now ?
    servers.proracing.club
    We're sorry to let you know that rFactor 2 Server list has been discontinued since the API they offer does not give correct and useful data/functionality

17. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

yea i just checked :( dont know what happend

18. Pedra Junior

Pedra Junior Registered

I have the same thought ... I would like an answer on this but so far nothing ...

19. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Here is your answere: https://www.studio-397.com/2016/12/roadmap-update-december-2016/

20. rongarz

rongarz Registered

With the news of Steam transfers being ended after January 31st, 2017, is there any word on how long the old non-Steam installation will continue to run and have the authorization server available?

Since the standalone version will no longer be updated anyway, is there any chance to keep the old version running alongside a separate Steam install without buying a second copy on Steam?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.