Roadmap December Update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MarcG, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Domi

Domi Registered

And the F2 races against who?

Associat0r likes this.
  2. Avo77

Avo77 Registered

Using a single model with different liveries is not so bad on formulas.
    A Gt3 race with only Corvettes is a bit sad (and the old C6 is more than enough IMHO).

Ho3n3r likes this.
  3. Paulfield

Paulfield Registered

The message centre tells you headlights on / headlights off. Or you could use the GID Plugin it has a light that shows if headlights are on or off. http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/trackmapplugin-32bit-64bit-by-fazerbox.3400/

4. Domi

Domi Registered

I honestly don't see the difference. In both scenarios, it's a one car series. Like Porsche Cup, Clio Cup, Meganes, etc etc

bwana and Associat0r like this.
  5. Avo77

Avo77 Registered

David, it's not a problem, but at the moment we already have (two) good Corvette and a bad F2.
    With the very limited resources of the team I would invest time in other directions...
    Anyway, everything developed for Rf2 is more than welcome ;)

6. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Why is it that every third post someone wants rFiRacing2 to be the new title name??
    If for what ever reason you want iRacing so badly, It's there! Go get it for fux sake! Or is it you want iRacing without the cost? Sorry, It costs to run a format like iRacing. You wont get free iRacing here!
    Why are you even posting here? iRacing has it's own forums, Leagues and what ever. Go say hello over there.

Tosses!

bwana likes this.
  7. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

You don't need an iRacing copy tho, a service like live racers with an online ID from the Steam account would do wonders.

8. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

Example: I love iRacing online system, and It's fun to drive... but rF2 physics are way better for my taste, by far. rF2 physics + iRacing style system = I WILL DIE WITH MY RIFT IN MY HEAD.

9. Pablo11

Pablo11 Registered

Jees you love iracing system????
    I just try iracing and they rammed me almost each race yet my score is going down and not my fault . There was a guy that drove into me three times during one race he ruined my race and he won . Guess what his score went up and mine went down that is bulllshit
    Is that a good system for you to me that is shit plus the game itself not a big deal to me.
    I paid for three months and i will not pay a penny more for this crap

bwana, LeStrat and Juergen-BY like this.
  10. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

Give I an example of sim which walks as well as the iracing on-line?
    I prefer physics/ ffb of rf2 but I like race organized on iracing, always of the world, every hour, without constraint people full iracing > rf2 look at the number of on-line players, empty the choice and fast made even if rf2 is better people are going to go on iracing to play with other people and credit note races competitive, Not oblige to go to a league to join to block x days week, the iracing system it is when we want

donnez moi un exemple de sim qui marche aussi bien que le online iracing?
    je préfère physique/ffb de rf2 mais j'aime les courses organisé sur iracing, toujours du monde, toutes les heures, sans contrainte
    les gens regarde le nombre de joueurs online, iracing plein > rf2 vide...le choix et vite fait
    même si rf2 est meilleurs les gens vont aller sur iracing pour jouer avec d'autres gens et avoir des courses compétitive, pas obliger d'aller dans une league, de s'inscrire de bloquer x jours semaine, le système iracing c'est quand on veut .

Associat0r likes this.
  11. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Does the product description on steam needs some correction? It`s still DX9. Also, maybe some translation is still missing, but most of the game is available in german, too?

12. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

I do get all that but what your missing here is a number of differences between rFactor2 and iRacing.
    These are crucial to how iRacing works.

IRacing; ALL original content.
    rF2; Some original, Some custom.

iRacing: One version, Track or car. No duplicates.
    rF2; Can have a few different versions at one time made by different people.

iRacing; Costs heap. Why? Simple! So they can pay for licenses, lazar scan tracks, lazar scan cars. Build it all for you.
    rF2; Cost are minimal. Not a free ride completely but compared to iRacng!

For rF2 to successfully follow the iRacing system Studio 397 will have to; Stop community modding. Use only licensed in house content. Why I hear you say? Because how many servers do think using all available content would you need? IF in this case, You may have 3 Spa's with the same cars but done by 3 different mod groups. How many people on each server?
    Cause this is only one scenario. I'm sure people could think of many more.

Cost; So now we all have to buy subscription. Yearly, Monthly. Nothing is free. Someone has to pay for the servers. Someone has to pay for the licenses. Pay the teams that make the original content.

SO.. Now we have Two iRacing sites and no rF2 for those that can't afford the content costs that iRacing asks for.
    Sure you like it. I'm sure it's great for those that have tried it and enjoyed it but we all have other costs in our lives and obviously less of a income to use on hobbies.

If you want rF2 physics in iRacing maybe you should tell iRacing to stop using the NASCAR 2003 base physics (13 years old) and build something that's more up to today's standard instead of wishing your iRacing on us rF2 people.

MaD_King and LeStrat like this.
  13. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Not really, you just need a safety rating in rF2 and this works with or without modding, (and I'm pretty sure the game already got what is needed for that, see contact logs, it may need some adjustments), now if it was to add the driver licenses (like A, B, C, Super License, etc) for specific car then yeah dropping the modding part would be a must as you could have GT cars being used to give F1 license points :D
    A central service like Live Racers to store all our data + using your Steam account (better protection against cracked multiplayer?) + safety rating + server option for scheduled racers + more info on the launcher about the scheduled races = would help to have more open servers (from players, not S397) and it costs way less than iRacing I guess
    A website for this would also work so people could check races while they are at work or not in home overall. And maybe option to reserve a slot in the race? (with some kind of penalty in case the person does not cancel their entry xx minutes before the race if they can't join, you know like MOBA games usually do when you leave a match or leave in champion select screen)

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
    Sebastien Sestacq likes this.
  14. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

I am 100 % all right with you, me just says that it is the only system which works well has the hour current all over the world and that that would be good for all the world of inspired by the same system as possible good on if Studio397 wants on-line one viable is needed a "official" frame :)

15. TonyRickard

TonyRickard Registered

The problem is that the numbers of competent online racers who want instant action outside of leagues is disappointingly low. Although iRacing have bought some degree of control to the disorganised chaos of pick up racing there are only a few series that could be considered accessible around the clock and group drivers into races. I am not convinced there are enough decent drivers in the sim racing community to have multiple round the clock racing services.

You would need to have just a few series to focus the online community into, providing the tools for the community to host would just continue the dilution that started with rF1. I am not sure that really fits with the open nature of the product other than special events (like the Road to Vegas competition)

Managing driver behaviour isn't a trivial task which is why pretty much every other developer seems to prefer to outsource that to the community (in leagues). If a developer puts their name to an online racing service then it will be their fault if not enough drivers are signed up or the races are a mess at T1. This is a significant strategic direction in my view.

16. bwana

bwana Registered

Exactly my experience with IR . Lasted about 20 hrs and shelved it .. Was never much different in the majority of rf1 open mp servers really, front 5or 7 drivers where good but back in the pack was hell on wheels. Nature of the game without licensing and if licensing is broken as in quoted example the it's a vicious circle of catch 22

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  17. shiet

shiet Registered

If you get out of the rookie series (Mazda cup) at iR you can have much better races, basically real races. Above rookie level most of the players take the races seriously in terms of behaviour, you very rarely see intentional incidents, most incidents are "racing incidents" which you can't avoid even in real life.

"You would need to have just a few series to focus the online community into"

Well for a start in rF2 we could make a server with 1 or 2 basic cars (like the USF or the Megane) and with one track per week rotation.
    "Official" 25-30min race in every 2 hours, after that 75min practice and 15min qualify. Slowly players would start to gather in specific time slots to have a good race, mostly on Fridays and the weekends just like at iR.

18. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

ISI had this already. They had 3 or 4 servers up with original content for over a year. Most times I am around, (Not at work, Or asleep) these servers were pretty much empty. There is plans by S397 to re-open them in the future (I think?) but it's not like they haven't tried.

I'm with TonyRickard when he said rF2 hasn't got the numbers world wide ATM. I say ATM because this may change. Now that the lifetime online access is open to all this main help boost numbers. Reading a number of post here and at RD many are saying they haven't used or bought rF2 because of this and are now strongly considering the purchase.
    The Studio 397 road map has also sparked a lot of interest in rF2 with the VR and DX11 graphic being in the future of rF2. Whether people start buying it now or wait till these features are implemented is anyone's guess but I see it as a positive from what I've read.

My hope is that Studio 397 start to move more towards more modern cars and tracks. ATM there's very little that interest me and I'd say I'm not alone in this. Mod teams are few and far between for rF2. Then to make matters worse one of these larger, well know groups have been recently been slaughtered by critics. Understandably, yes, but 25 pages just here of slash and burns is a little over the top wouldn't you think? Of cause it's not just here, It's at RD as well and I'd guess many more similar sites. We can't afford as a community to treat people who are working for months on thing so badly. YES there is good reason but come on! There is a limit people can take.

Locked servers are another issue with rF2 leagues. It's become the norm. Why, Well it is strange because back in the day open league servers where the main access people used to find the leagues that best suited them! Having them locked takes this away from both the leagues needing new members and the people trying to test the leagues and racers before signing up.
    My guess here is the content.
    I'm not in a online league but a LAN group. For us, We don't use all published content. We use our own converted with new physics., a mix of things to make up a car mod with multi cars. Deemed illegal content is why it's not published. I'd suggest this more common then many would like to admit. Hens the lock outs. Could be wrong but why else would you loose the opportunity to increase your members count..

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
    Korva7 likes this.
  19. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Servers are not locked due to content, people are not really hiding they are using ripped cars and tracks, it's locked simply for better control of who races with you, if forcing poeple to make a presentation and read rules still get drivers that don't brake in the T1 into leagues let alone with a open server. Reason why some kind of rating is needed for more servers to be open

Associat0r likes this.
  20. Woodee

Woodee Registered

There is another thing (and I've done it myself). No one wants to be the first one on a server, they look for ones that have drivers in and avoid those with none. I feel like everyone does that, no one wanting to be the first in these open and working servers, then saying online is dead. It's a chicken and egg situation.

peterchen likes this.