Roadmap December Update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MarcG, Dec 17, 2016.

1. speedo59

speedo59 Registered

2. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Some people say, rF2 is half-dead already... yet the sim is still one of the best open league platforms (and for some it is no. 1 for beeing the most flexible and configurable). Of course, things can be improved - and they are, as you can read from our monthly road maps, but I feel we are doing well and it's only going to be better.

3. mrsmr2

mrsmr2 Registered

Do we know if this release will get rid of the frankly pointless/stupid cache? I know s-397 have acknowledged our comments about it but no idea if it's something that is priority for them.

I've not bothered with the Steam version so far because of this.

Associat0r, shiet and Lgel like this.
  4. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

I've not been here for months and not even fired up rF2 for months but I see the battles still rage on :D

rF2 in the hands of ISI died but maybe 397 can resurrect it?
    Will give them a chance at least..........

F1Aussie likes this.
  5. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

well,after the new year you won't be able to 'swap' to steam version,you will have to buy it.

6. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

Exactly. No reason not to do the free swap right now...

bwana likes this.
  7. mrsmr2

mrsmr2 Registered

I already have a Steam key - just haven't installed rF2 yet.

8. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

You are missing out, but your choice :)

bwana and Associat0r like this.
  9. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Sure? I read something about end of january. Your source?

10. dylbie

dylbie Registered

Have you even read the roadmap release? Just to remind you here is the SECOND sentence! So stop spreading BS.

11. nipzon

nipzon Registered

Ah man come on already, it is the 20th over there is it not!'!!!

12. GDUBMX

GDUBMX Registered

anyone got any ideas on what time they usually push the build out? im on my holiday break here in the UK... bored haha

13. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

GDUBMX likes this.
  14. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Sometimes its worth, to go one or two pages back :p

//Edit: MaD_King was maybe a tenth faster^^

GDUBMX and nipzon like this.
  15. dylbie

dylbie Registered

And I'm finding it really quite funny/worrying that people are saying that rF2 is dead. In my opinion it is slow to develop yes, but certainly not dead. I'm not going to deny that it has issues, and things that really should have been implemented a long time ago, but saying it is 'dead' or has 'one foot in the grave' or any other stupid cliché that you want to use, is just proving that you're probably just getting your information from PRC.

Lets just remind ourselves that whilst Project CARS and AC are on version 10.0 and 1.9 respectively, rF2 is on build 1098. Yes that's ONE THOUSAND AND NINETY EIGHT! Admittedly they have a slightly different numbering structure but still, the game has been comprehensively, and regularly updated ever since it was released, and has got better/improved rather than being dumbed down for console release. Does this sound like a game that is dead or abandonware to you?

And one other thing, lets compare it to it's competitors:

rF2 DOES NOT have devs who are outright liars, which a certain competitor does.
    rF2 DOES NOT have devs who lose the plot publicly and argue with critics, which two certain competitors do.
    rF2 DOES NOT have silly gimmicky DLC which costs 3 times as much as the game itself (yet!), which a certain competitor does.
    rF2 DOES NOT require you to re-mortgage your house just for your annual subscription, which a certain competitor does.
    rF2 DOES NOT require you to re-mortgage your house just to buy the cars and tracks to compete in a league, which a certain competitor does.
    rF2 DOES NOT have a tyre model that sh1ts itself when driven over the limit of grip, which a certain competitor does.

These are just a few things I can think of and I'm sure there are more. I seriously think the only people here who are really whining and complaining, are the people who have sank a load of money into a 'certain title', and are now worried that rF2 with better graphics and VR support is now going to blow away their favourite 'rental game', and actually render all the money they've put into that as pointless instead.

WiZPER, bwana, D.Painter and 3 others like this.
  16. GDUBMX

GDUBMX Registered

17. stonec

stonec Registered

rF2 isn't dead from a development point of view, I don't think anyone apart from pretendracecars would argue that. It's the multiplayer that's relatively dead compared to competitors as these charts show. Peak usage is around 400, but that counts offline as well and usually you only see around 100-150 people peaks in online. Of those online users more and more are lately in locked league servers. The last time I did regular pick-up-racing online with rF2 was in 2013 and early 2014 on the IsR servers, after that it more or less died. Maybe one reason was that people did not renew their subscriptions, as the free subscription ended in July 2013 for most.

It would be great to get the online pickup racing aspect back again. League racing is fun and rewarding, but sometimes you're not in the mood for the effort required.

peterchen, 2ndLastJedi and Emery like this.
  18. GDUBMX

GDUBMX Registered

Please feel free to name and shame.. :D

bluet likes this.
  19. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

It is interesting to see how the same poeple that blindly supported every decision made by ISI maintaining the same attitude now that rF2 has changed owners.

It has been posted in this thread about S397 having the last chance to revive rF2"alluding ISI having killed it.

While I think it is excessive that rF2 was dead, I agree it was clearly losing the battle to mainly AC. The reason for it must necessarily be related to the decisions and path taken by ISI during the past years.

Thise decisions were all the times supported by these same poeple that still act like the company's mother when someone makes any type of critic either to the game or the devs.

I prefer to tell things as I perceive them because it is the way I feel I can help in development. I fully agree on what Kelku has expressed some posts earlier.

peterchen likes this.
  20. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

Made the same multi iracing and rf2 is simracing N°1!
    Rf2 has all that it is necessary as feature to be n°1

F1 2004 and Associat0r like this.