December roadmap update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GDUBMX, Dec 9, 2016.

1. GDUBMX

GDUBMX Registered

Hey guys, haha I know I know.. We are 9 days in, but..
    Any ideas when the December roadmap is out? Sorry if this has already been brought up. Cheers guys.

2. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

[​IMG]
    :D
    They are usually releasing it at the half of the month
    One thing I'd like Marcell to answer is if there will be work done on how the cars behave online on track to make it more realistic, right now iRacing and Assetto are doing it better be it replay or live IMO

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Think he said next week when asked on Discord the other day

GDUBMX likes this.
  4. GDUBMX

GDUBMX Registered

Thanks alot guys!

5. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

This depend on server and user connections.
    If you have bad experience with this in your league: contact your server admin.

bwana, Badboy and hexagramme like this.
  6. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Disagree, this is not only about my own races, this happens everywhere, especially on live broadcasts be it with people in the same place as the server or not. The car runs on track a lot better in iRacing and AC, not saying it is bad in rF2 but those 2 games look more real, especially the car reaction to bumps and braking

7. bwana

bwana Registered

Will you have connection issues . Even with league members here having pings over 275?the NetCode remains brilliant.

8. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

This is not about net code or lag or connection issue, it's the graphic way the car behaves on track, bumps, fast corners, elevation changes (not sure if any game get this right at all), especially the fast cars. Come on.... -_-"
    Watch a live broadcast of iRacing (most AC recent live broadcasts are also good to see it), then find one of rF2. It's just a minor detail, nothing serious at all, but would be great to have this improved.
    Nuff said.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  9. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

When we are talking about iRacing you've got a point. AC, not so much. I don't know wich kind of racing you've been watching the last couple of years, but cars don't behave like that and it's not the first time that I see this problem with their netcode in replays:

10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I don't know about anyone else, but even after re-reading your posts I don't know what the issue is. And if I were to watch iR or AC replays I don't know what I should be looking for either. Is there something in particular you can describe? A video somewhere you can use as an example?

I'm not familiar with the other games, I don't know how they look, so I'm not going to put them down (and wouldn't even if I did), but the video above seems to show cars that are turning (movement) before the car body itself does - instead of the car pointing in an extra degree or two in the corners, it seems like its angle is actually lagging behind its direction. That may not be reflective of AC generally, so I'm not bashing AC at all, but looking at that video that's what I notice. I could put that video up on an AC forum and say look at this video, it doesn't look as good as rF2 / iR, I hope it can be fixed, but if I didn't point out what I'm talking about others might not get it.

peterchen and bwana like this.
  11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

You're not alone :p I can't fathom out what's he's on about either, more concrete information required I think :)

peterchen, GDUBMX and bwana like this.
  12. bwana

bwana Registered

Agree I thought Will was referring to lag/warp , i too cant see anything different in that vid than what I see in rF2 .. (comparison video time .. oh not again)