New Reiza Sim 2017??

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by GDUBMX, Dec 6, 2016.

1. GDUBMX

GDUBMX Registered

So my question is, Will the new sim from Reiza feature the current Rfactor2 engine, with tire flex,Contact patch and damage model etc? Anyone know any details as yet? ive not heard much of anything at all.

2. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

They licensed the rF1 engine so this would only happen if they changed their plans
    I'd buy a "Automobilista Pack" for rF2 tho

3. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Reiza uses differend tyre model than rF2, lot less complicated, thats why they can put out so many cars at such rate compared to rf2, the rF2 tyre takes a long time to develop and tweak. So.. sadly "AMS Pack" for rF2 would not work.

4. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

If your argument was valid they could be releasing race series where the same tires were being used by all the cars as it is WTCC with Yokohama tires.

In any case it would be a very good addition to rF2 if tire constructors could develop their own tgm files for their main race tire dimensions that could be included into the different racing vehicles.

IMO proper physical modding of a car is quite a lot more than tires. In fact when you change the tires in your car you will basically feel a change in grip but the car will feel basically the same.

5. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

It would, they just need to be willing to learn, but is it financially worth it? No idea, probably not. Pretty sure some cars in AMS are using same tires as others ;) the experiments I did porting a car from AMS to rF2 were rather ok, felt like AMS with better FFB, if a physic work well in isi2.0 will work well in 2.5 too
    And btw rF1 tire model is present in rF2 it is just not used by the player, what S397 is considering to allow. I wish Reiza had licensed isi2.5, but I guess ISI did not allow it (I don't believe the "we don't like this tire model" excuse, sorry)

6. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Its about licences as well, and no, tyres have vastly more influence on cars handling than just grip, do your reading. Tyre is an important part of suspension and its construction has major role on the cars handling. As an example i will give you high profile Formula 1 tyres, they are so high profile and they have so soft construction they are the softest part of the cars suspension. (As a result Formula 1 cars are actually surprisingly soft cars, there are tin tops with much stiffer setups)

AMS cars use completely differend tyres than rF2, differend tyre model

7. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

It has been stated numerous times before their lack of desire to move on from the isi 2.0 platform.

8. bwana

bwana Registered

Ask on their forum

Guimengo likes this.
  9. rhamm

rhamm Registered

I'm sure it could have some of that stuff but I doubt they'll license the rFactor 2 game engine.

http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...studio-397-rfactor-2-interview-part-2.126535/

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
    GDUBMX likes this.
  10. stonec

stonec Registered

From my understanding there won't be any new sim from Reiza in quite a while, at least not in 2017. It's just a couple of months since the release of AMS and they are still producing DLCs for it, would make no sense for them to kill off AMS by releasing a new product this soon after it. For the new sim they would also need a new graphics engine, which is a massive workload for a small team to implement.

11. GDUBMX

GDUBMX Registered

Thanks..
    This is an off topic, to which I did ask but haven't got an answer as of yet. Thought you guys were mostly seasoned racers which would be in the loop.

So to be honest it seems it's just gonna stay on the path it's on and by the sounds of it (speculation) be a notch below rf2. Thanks guys.

bwana likes this.
  12. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

Reiza will use a new graphic engine for sure but not self produced (they talked about cryengine, unreal and so on...)
    The new sim is still far to be officially announced or presented to us so we have just to wait. No problem on my side if they want to stick with rf1 physic engine, people have a lot of fun with their sims so...who cares?
    If I need something different I can switch to rF2 or similar products, no need to have all the sims with the same features or options...
    Not fair, in my opinion your question doesn't need an answer because there are a lot of threads about Reiza17 on their forum where devs explained all the details...search button doesn't work good sometimes but was difficult to miss them to be honest...
    Devs on Reiza forums are very active and talkative with community, when you don't see them they are working hard for some patch or content release or...sometimes...they miss some posts which is good in my opinion...especially if a redundant one...
    About your speculation, well...it will be different, which is a good thing for us, maybe will not have all the features of gmotor 2 but maybe will have new or different ones who knows?
    The only thing I am sure is that AMS is superior to rF2 (at this state) for the overall experience, cohesion between cars and tracks and users "mood"...so I don't expect a step backward from Reiza about the overall package on their next sim...

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
    GDUBMX likes this.
  13. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

I disagree, but this is very subjective.

bluet, GDUBMX and bwana like this.
  14. bwana

bwana Registered

a better question around here maybe , When is 'Not RF3' going to be released ,or better still ,what is 'Not RF3' ;)

MarcG likes this.
  15. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

Yeah i know, but you should admit AMS feature full car series with tracks like, brazilian F3, brazilian stock cars, formula trucks, etc...wich is very different from having different random single cars with some random single tracks which are pretty useless if you want to simulate a full championship...you have to look for mods which often have very different grade of quality...

...still thinking is SimBin related...:p

ECAR_Tracks, F1Aussie and GDUBMX like this.
  16. GDUBMX

GDUBMX Registered

Thanks @bwana and @DaVeX
    I should of worded my question better..
    I just hope it has the dynamic track and tire flex based features similar to rf2, or as you say Dave, create their own version of them. And I totally agree with you 100 percent about the cohesion and it feeling like it has more flow. I'm a huge proponent of singleplayer/career/championship modes.

Soo.. Please guys, elaborate further on the rf3 thing? And the connection with simbin/sector3. Sounds very interesting indeed

17. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

Well, this is more a joke and a wild speculation on my side but there was a lot of "movement" after the transition from ISI to Studio397 on simracing word so...just speculation lol

GDUBMX likes this.
  18. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

It would be very funny if in the end notrfactor3 was the final name of ISIs new title. I think that we al would appreciate some kind of tease about what it is all about. Even if it was so subtle that we would probably remain still with no clue about it. :)

bwana likes this.
  19. GDUBMX

GDUBMX Registered

either way it sounds interesting. Thanks @DaVeX

20. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

...even Sportscar GT reFurr3ction wouldn't be bad at all as title...or GT Legends Never Die...
    (wild speculation again, but a GT Legends 2 will be great...)

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016