Championship mode 2017

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GDUBMX, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

I've never seen an iRacing user complain about immersion breakage, due to not being able to see the championship standings within the sim.
    And as said before, rF2 Log Analayzer automates almost everything. It automatically extracts, accumulates and displays results that rF2 generates after each session. There is nothing pencil & paper about it.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
    mschreiner and Juergen-BY like this.
  2. GDUBMX

GDUBMX Registered

Very well said MarcG, question however. is there in an depth driver stats page similar to that of Automobilista's?

3. stonec

stonec Registered

Automobilista uses the old stat page from rF1 basically. rF2 shows the most obvious stats on main UI front page, the more detailed ones you can find in the .CCH files in the user profile directory. But all 3 games essentially use the same stat system.

GDUBMX and Associat0r like this.
  4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

As above it's there in the background it just needs Studio397 to implement those features in the way they want to make use of it, again we can only wait and see what will happen with this area of the game and indeed how it may all relate to the UI changes that are made.

5. GDUBMX

GDUBMX Registered

Thanks stone. Will check that out.

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Kunos have added a simple yet very effective Championship Mode to AC in yesterdays Patch that's brought praise from their community, even though it's basic in nature it's exactly the sort of thing I wish S397 will introduce next year and then build upon.

F1Aussie, TonyRickard, GDUBMX and 2 others like this.
  7. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

Log Analyzer is an amazing tools, but the problem for me is how to setup the championship.
    When i want to create the champ, usually i look first how many cars i need, and 80% of the times the mod has too many cars (note that if you want to make a champ with 30 opponets you sholud have the same 30 opponents in all the races obviously, that's impossible if the mod has 50 cars).
    So, take note of the cars you want, open the MAS2 (i don't think everbody who own rF2 knows what MAS2 is), create the new VMOD, test it: not good? Well, repeat the steps. I end up with 300 vmods installed, 1 hour and all the immersion lost.
    Yes, at least i have the championship done, but i think an integrated and quick system and some originals cups are welcome.

A carreer mode PjCARS style is welcome too! Or the driving school like GTR2, one of the best mode ever made for a sim.

Nibo likes this.
  8. GDUBMX

GDUBMX Registered

Thanks Marc, I never knew about AC. Playing now! Great addition

9. VAustinElly

VAustinElly Registered

I for one would appreciate that. I work 3rd shift and not too many leagues run at 3 in the morning on Friday and Saturday nights which is the only time I can get on to race.

10. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Thats exactly the problem currently. No way to consistently assign AI driver to car and then this car-driver combo to several races. I hope it will be easier to implement with new UI by S397 or at least some API to do this for 3rd party tools like r2la.