[REL] Endurance Series rF2

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by klo-che, May 8, 2015.

1. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Is your FFB Minimum Torque adjusted to have no gap in FFB at center? On my T300 I set it to 10% to avoid the lack of FFB at center.
    It's proper to each SWheel, to find the good value. This can be a cause of your feeling.
    [​IMG]

2. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

For people who'd like to better understand braking phase in this mod, I've found a way to improve the experience with this mod. It is very straightforward, but there's one catch.

So, basically the solution is to bump tire volume up in Audio settings. However, the catch is to keep Engine Volume below Sound Effects volume, since otherwise tire sounds get drown in engine sound. I personally run 25% sound effects, 10% engine sounds and 200% tire volume. This way, you can hear when tires begin to lock up during braking and adjust the pressure.

3. unknwn

unknwn Registered

I guess this is related to overly high inertia values. It causes front/rear feel heavier and constantly gives feeling of "pendulum effect" (front/rear trying to bounce/yaw). Flat 6 feels worst in this regard.
    Sorry, if I sound negative, but is this acknowledged issue?

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
  4. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

So, a little comment about the feedbacks I read since the mod is available.
    Many people feedback the car are OK to drive, and some feedback that there is a "pendulum" effect with our cars.
    This worried me and so I tried to understand why there these two type of feedbacks.

So I tried to reproduce the "pendulum" effect, and finally I think I found how to reproduce this feeling.
    Our tests drivers (me included) had follow the FFB tutorial done to get a linear FFB respond with our wheels (here: https://forum.studio-397.com/index....actor-2-the-key-to-being-in-the-zone-d.42931/ )
    The consequence, we have low FFB force in our steering wheel drivers (me I have 60%) to be on a "linear" FFB response. And we don't have any issue on "pendulum/inertia/mass transfers" when driving, we get low mas transfers, so that's (in part) why we increase the inertia of the car in the physics to get a better feedback.

So I reset my FFB, and put this to 100% to try to reproduce, and bingo, I reproduced this feeling. And I confirm, it's impossible to drive with this setting !!!
    So now I able to reproduce, we have to work again on that, and yes the inertia is one of the element that impact the car feeling when the driver in at 100% of force. We have no quick solution, instead of reducing the FFB force in your drivers, so need to be patient to get a fix on the mod because now we have to test more various wheel setups.

5. joenathan3005

joenathan3005 Registered

That's pretty interesting that you'd mention that, I mean, if I go check my settings I might see I have high FFB. But why should I go lower on the FFB to cover up poor physics that can still easily be abused to go fast?

6. Domi

Domi Registered

Too much fantasy here imo, I also use 60% FFB and the effect is there. Heck, even with gamepad is there.

7. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Hey guy, it's just in waiting a fix. So if the mod is not to your taste, don't drive it (I have not problem with that) and drive what you prefers.
    I think the good news is I reproduced your issue and we are able now to deal with to fix what is needed.

Ernie, Guimengo and The Iron Wolf like this.
  8. joenathan3005

joenathan3005 Registered

I mean, yeah, the bolded part is obvious. Let's be honest here: I don't want Enduracers to be a bust, but - if it's not realistic, I really hope no one takes Enduracers and says, "This is the best rFactor 2 has to offer." Because it's simply not true.

If you plan on fixing it, I fully support that. However, if realism is something you strive for, I'm not convinced a simple FFB work around will do the trick and suddenly make your mod accurate in any way, which again, I don't find joy in. I want this mod to be one of the best rFactor 2 has to offer, because it's such a nice looking, amazing sounding mod, that falls so far short in the physics category that it almost insults those who have realistic offerings.

9. Capeta

Capeta Registered

What's fun is there were people talking about this since the day of release of the Flat 6 mod, and they were idiots back then...

10. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Without information given to reproduce the issue, it's hard to solve something.
    Regularly guys tell there is something wrong, but don't give more information about their configuration and settings and how to reproduce to be able try and test.
    It was the case on this too, some claim there is a problem, but I need to dig to try to reproduce with no support from the person that have the issue... Fortunately I found a test case to feel the issue. So there is a hope now with possible investigation.

The joy of internet, I think it's a sport to denigrate something without having in mind to help to improve the things.

David Kolody and The Iron Wolf like this.
  11. Capeta

Capeta Registered

Aha, you guys. :)

12. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

These are my settings causing me the issue (the settings i use for every car in game except CAR SPECIFIC FFB MULT, with the Logitech Profiler set right of course and FFB 101%):

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
  13. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

I need your Profiler settings and your Controller.json to be complete and be able to test.

14. Daniele Vidimari

Logitech settings (sorry for the italian language, can't change it):

[​IMG]

and the Controller.json:
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnOlMJIn7vVpesLljzCt93r5a-I

15. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

I'm a bit confused why this tweaking is needed?

[​IMG]

Just make things work with default rF2 settings.

joenathan3005 and Associat0r like this.
  16. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Yes, but there not only the rF2 settings in cause, but the Control panel wheel setting that impact the FFB. As explained here: https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/endurance-series-rf2.48332/page-23#post-867564
    the 60% don't show the issue, 100% show it. I have 60% to get close to linear FFB response since long time. That's why I didn't feel this issue when testing.

I asked to S397 get the Control Panel settings recommended by their physicians to get same reference and kill the issues in the mod.

17. Daniele Vidimari

I've only gave some infos of my setup because i'm one of those who have problems with the mod, btw i'll be happy if the problems are due to my setup and not to the mod!

18. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

It's due to the mod, and is noticeable depending wheel settings.

19. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

Solutions have already been given on RD. Replace the physics guys with people who know what they're doing and fix the material settings and your mods could be good.
    No amount of wheel settings circus is gonna fix the fundamentally flawed physics of your mods.
    In the meantime, I'd recommend not boasting about any kind of physics realism, since your mods don't have any.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
  20. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Yes a good proposition, but it's not the solution we will take ;)
    So if you want to denigrate, you can do it, but this will do not the mod better ;)
    If you have plenty time to help us, contact Kloche and propose your help to make from scratch physics for all the models present in the mod, he will be happy to get more motivated modder in his team to progress on rF2 modding.