[REL] rF2 Pedal Overlay Plugin

Discussion in 'Other' started by TechAde, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Moriz Mehl

Moriz Mehl Registered

I don't see it too...

SpaceGhost likes this.
  2. SpaceGhost

SpaceGhost Registered

Thanks for confirming.

Can anyone comment on if this will be corrected and can someone please post the files?

3. Moriz Mehl

Moriz Mehl Registered

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
    TechAde and SpaceGhost like this.
  4. SpaceGhost

SpaceGhost Registered

TechAde and Moriz Mehl like this.
  5. TechAde

TechAde Registered

I've just re-attached the zip to post #1 in this thread.

6. SpaceGhost

SpaceGhost Registered

Thank you very much

TechAde likes this.
  7. Miguel

Miguel Registered

solved ... thanks

Hello I put the plugin in the folder "plugins" but it does not work. will be that it is also to have the plugin "Trackmap"?
    Thanks

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
  8. Rantam

Rantam Registered

I think I haven't post this yet so here it goes:this is such a handy tool, TechAde. Lot of thanks indeed! :)

Kindest regards

TechAde likes this.
  9. Marteau

Marteau Registered

I just install the plugin today and it works on \rFactor2\Bin64\Plugins folder

10. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

What Marteau wrote but in picture. ;)

pedal olay.jpg

11. Praetorian

Praetorian Registered

I can't find the .ini file for changing the location of the meter window. I looked in UserData folder and it wasn't there. What's the path or exact file name, please?

12. TechAde

TechAde Registered

The exact path depends on the location of your UserData folder, the file should be directly in UserData and it's name is rF2PedalOverlayPlugin.ini.

The ini file is created on first run, so fire up rFactor2 once then exit and you should find it.

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  13. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Ade would it be possible for you to make the steering inputs also in the same form iRacing has it? (A little picture of the steering wheel that rotates 1:1 with yours) because a blue bar is not very..it doesnt tell much on 1080 degrees you cannot see any of the slight steering inputs.

14. TechAde

TechAde Registered

Possible yes, but it would probably be more code than the entire plugin is at the moment! How about just making the bars wider in the ini file so you get a much wider steering bar?

Edited to add:

Just tried my suggestion, it's not great as the steering bar then becomes as high as each bar is wide and takes up loads of space. If I ever get around to making a next version I'll look at implementing something better, no promises though.

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  15. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Good stuff, thanks
    Another suggestion would be the option of transparency.. so i can have the overlay in my left top corner and yet still see the icons for flags and other

TechAde likes this.
  16. TechAde

TechAde Registered

Another good idea, thanks. There's a chance that might be very easy indeed, but there's also a chance it might not. We'll see!

MikeeCZ likes this.
  17. Praetorian

Praetorian Registered

Yes. I've read that it's automatically created, but I've checked the game folders in the Steam directory and the Windows User folder. Are you talking about the Windows User folder off the C: drive? Or are you talking about a game-specific folder?

I realize the path depends on the location of the folder, but would you please reply with the exact path it uses assuming a default Windows installation? That would actually be extremely helpful. If the path is different, I can figure it out on my own. But seeing the default path would help clear up this confusion. I'm not computer illiterate. I think I'm just misunderstanding your reply regarding the location.

18. TechAde

TechAde Registered

When I say UserData folder I mean an rFactor2 folder named UserData, not the Windows Users folder. I'm afraid I can't give you the default path for that as I don't know it, because I always run with UAC completely disabled. If you're running with UAC enabled (default) then I think it'll be in your users's Document\rFactor2 folder i.e. C:\Users\<YourUsername>\rFactor2\UserData. I'm not sure about this though, maybe somebody who runs with UAC enabled can confirm.

On my system the ini file is at:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\rF2PedalOverlayPlugin.ini

Your's will only be the same if you're running the same way as me i.e. using Steam with UAC disabled.

What might be easiest is to do a Windows search for rF2PedalOverlayPlugin.ini?

19. Praetorian

Praetorian Registered

Thanks! Found it. :)

20. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

Hi TechAde,

I'm using your plugin for about 3 months with no problem for online races. But recently i joined in SimRacing.club Virtual Endurance Championship, and noticed that when i enter the server in Spectator mode, to do a driver swap, this plugin doesn't work.

For your knowledge, the DeltaBest plugin works fine on Spectator mode, can you do something to fix this bug ? thx.