steam migration question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GregT, Nov 18, 2016.

1. GregT

GregT Registered

So, i finally took the plunge and moved my lifetime rf2 to steam. Knowing it would be a while, i set it in motion and went out to rake leaves. It took about an hour to d/l install then i clicked play and it brings up a window "performing first time setup-installing microsoft vc redist pkg step 1 of 3. Its been on that for 35 minutes. How long should it take to do all three steps or do i have a problem?

2. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

That should not take more than a minute normally. If it does not complete, I would restart Windows, and try installing those runtimes "manually". The installers for those runtimes can be found inside the Support\Runtimes folder in your rFactor 2 installation on Steam.

3. GregT

GregT Registered

restarted and reopened steam, clicked rf2-play and it re did most of the earlier sync then opened and worked. Are the load times reduced after initial car/track selection is loaded or just normal steam load times? thanks for the help. so far so good. Can i copy my old track/vehicle folders over to new location steam/apps/etc? thanks again.

4. Goanna

Goanna Registered

You can, however, probably the better way to go would be to subscribe to the tracks/vehicles via the steam workshop, that way when they are updated, steam will auto update them. For any tracks/vehicles that are not on steam I'd copy the rfcmp's to your steam/rfactor2 packages folder and install from there.

Marcel Offermans likes this.