[REL] Endurance Series rF2

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by klo-che, May 8, 2015.

1. lokidan

lokidan Registered

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Thank you for explaining your error. All too often we get a post about a problem, followed by another post saying the user fixed the problem. WITHOUT giving the rest of us the benefit of learning what he did.

lordpantsington and MarcG like this.
  3. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

March 2015 i've downloaded Endurance Series SP3 for rFactor 1 and i like it a lot. :)
    1,5 years later... Tough choice when you have little time. Luckily i had a day off and it was raining outside. ;)

Thanks!

MaD_King and Flaux like this.
  4. Vevex

Vevex Registered

Great Job, very sympatic to watch ;)

Gijs van Elderen likes this.
  5. Depco

Depco Registered

I did not read tyhe rest of the post, but I am trying to figure out how to simply put up a server with only the GTE content... Do I seriously have to pick out the single cars in each P2 category from the list when I package the mod? I tried to simply remove the P2 Labeled cars in the server but P2 cars still came up when adding AI to the server. It is frustrating. to be sure. THe skins are not labeled well so as to allow for easy identification of which cars they are on.

6. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Use the server/race filter like indicated here this is the way to do it (since rFactor1) : https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/endurance-series-rf2.48332/page-20#post-865018

7. mata

mata Registered

GFX and sound wise, top of the game, need some work on behavior (physics), all in all great work guys!!!

8. AK1504

AK1504 Registered

I have the same issue... Tried the C6R and its undrivable for me... The ISI C6R feels great like always...

9. Depco

Depco Registered

I have tried that route and, for me at least, I can still choose the P2 content. I am not sure if this is only on my computer (Being in the same network) or if everyone who joins my server can choose the P2 content.

I just tried choosing a P2 car and entering the server. I can choose the P2 however, once I connect to the server and load in the track I am booted for having a vehicle which doesn't pass the filter. So this limits which vehicle can enter the server and be raced, but I think the better solution is to not have it be an option to be chosen in the first place.

I can only assume to have this functionality Enduracers would have to package the Mod differently. In sections likely. I would think packaging it in this manner would be beneficial to the end user.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
  10. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

You can select a P2, but the server refuses you to connect I think?

11. Gijs van Elderen

TBH: I was a bit confused about this.
    I missed the high day's of rF1. Got into simracing with rF2.

I've been a rF2 server admin and i've raced at other leagues. Never seen this... Never worked as it should. (i guess since rF1)

With rF2 it's not the way to do it. ;)
    Car class selection was always in the rfmod/Vmod. And since rF2 there are no rfm mismatches to worry about. Seems to be a problem in the rF1 day's.

What if a league want to mix EnduRacers P2 and Apex GT's or other combo's?

And it's not that user-friendly to get booted from the server. :)

I don't have time to race online that much anymore. So it's not a problem for me. For offline: the car classes are nicely done. :cool:

But if you want to avoid that your cars are going to be changed and repacked for league purposes. I would look at this for the future.

12. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

I don't know if this way of working is the good one, but it's the one ISI implement on the server side. Same as rF1.
    This is based on rfm filter for car identification. Then after that the rfmod allows you to select the classes when you start your server.
    So you can select only some to filter, and after that, if a played come and choose a non selected class, the server refuse you to come in.

I not defend this behaviour, I just describe how to do to get some categories filtered on server. I have no other solution to do it with what exists on ISI server and packaging tool today.

So I don't know how to help you a better way. Perhaps I don't catch the problem?

13. TPG

TPG Registered

There is something odd with the class/model filter..I sometimes use Noel's Series Creator, most mods have the cars under 1 'series' then you click the + which gives you car classes or models to choose/select..with the ER mod each model is listed separately, there is no master selection option. It's like one of the filter options is missing.

This image shows what I'm describing, all of the ES cars are 'loose', if you look at the MAK-Corp mod it has more filter options like most other mods, I think this is where the problem is..I have NO problems with the Mod itself however this may be whats causing the issues being reported.
    [​IMG]

14. Gijs van Elderen

The car filter in the dedicated server never worked as i would expect. A user beeing booted because he picked the wrong car... isn't the way to go IMO.
    It can easly be avoided by doing the car selection in the Vmod. Which is made difficult at the moment with the Endurance Series.

This makes my think you didn't know about this dedicated server car filter issue.

So i'm a bit surprised that Enduracers took this road with the car classes.

Edit:
    Seems @TPG has the solution to create a Vmod with Endurance Series P2 class + other cars. :D

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
  15. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Understand, so need to ask to S397 to fix it ;)
    For the issue showed by TPG, we have to dig to check what is wrong to try to fix it on v2 of the mod if there is a mean to fix it.

16. SRGP

SRGP Registered

The server filters are working... except in 1 case.
    If you filter all the P2 but only the P2, only the P2 will be selectable. If you filter only the GTC, only the GTC is available in the menu. Same with the GTE... unless you select all 5 GTE filters ! If you only filter 4 or less GTE, it is working fine. ESGTE.jpg

Gijs van Elderen likes this.
  17. Garth Buchanan

Garth Buchanan Registered

The league I help run is also having the same filter issue. I tried a custom RFM with only GTE's in the Veh Filter and you can still join the server with a P2 and then the server kicks you. Of course this sucks because you already put a load on the server.

18. Zizza

Zizza Registered

Guys i need help for the scenes.... i try to use it but i haven't brazil plugin for 3ds max 2013... so how can i do to use your scene?

19. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

I would like to suggest a feature. It would be nice to have shifting animation for cars with floor mounted shifter. Don't know how difficult that is in rF2 (or if it is even possible without s397 adding animation), but even something basic, doesn't have to be super precise, would be nice addition. Thanks for a nice mod ER!

Guimengo likes this.
  20. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

IDK if i understood well but i also have issues with 80% of the mod cars. I feel the rear "floating" during the corner, especially during fast corners and no, isn't oversteer of course. Can you please make a test, for example the F430 in a track like COTA (Circuit of the Amercias - Austin) and then tell me your feeling? For me is just unplayable..

Amanda Santini likes this.