[REL] Endurance Series rF2

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by klo-che, May 8, 2015.

1. Flatspotter

Flatspotter Registered

I've only tried the Aston and Flat6 so far, but they're both fantastic! Thank you for all your hard work!

I did notice the mirrors aren't adjustable on either car. Will this be fixed? Also, the side mirrors should be independently adjustable from the center mirror (if there is one).

2. SunBro

SunBro Registered

We already have apex and urd gt cars so it wouldn't be fair to say i was blown away by these gt cars(even though i kinda am lol)

The lmp2 cars though? Hoooooooly sh........ Such fun, such joy, incredible! This pack's totally worth the loooong wait.

3. klo-che

klo-che Registered

Guys do not forget we are developping a MOD, not the game himself. :)

bwana likes this.
  4. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

I just noticed that the shift lights in the Aston don't work. other cars are fine. Cheers

5. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

On some Aston, the lights are on the wheel, and then not active on the cockpit. If there is not led on wheel, so they work on the cockpit.

6. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Ok thanks. I will have a look

7. Flatspotter

Flatspotter Registered

I don't understand what you mean by this. The side mirrors are independently adjustable on many cars in other mods. That capability is already in the game. :)

alpha-bravo and MarcG like this.
  8. gpfan

gpfan Registered

RF2 has new function for mirros Marc, now you can adjust independently mirros, GEN need to have this entries now:

MeshFile=XXXXXXX_XXX_LMIRROR_IN.GMT CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowCaster=FALSE LODIn=(0.00) LODOut=(2.0)
    MeshFile=XXXXXXX_XXX_RMIRROR_IN.GMT CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowCaster=FALSE LODIn=(0.00) LODOut=(2.0)
    MeshFile=XXXXXXX_XXX_CMIRROR_IN.GMT CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowCaster=FALSE LODIn=(0.00) LODOut=(2.0)

jlnprssnr, Jego, Ernie and 1 other person like this.
  9. klo-che

klo-che Registered

we'll have a look for the build 2.00 then !

10. Flatspotter

Flatspotter Registered

Thank you, sir!

11. misi

misi Registered

Simply stunning work Enduracers, nothing else to say ;-)
    I love your attention to details!

Easy, open files:
    - Enduracers_Template_ESP2_LigierJSP2BODY.psd
    - Enduracers_Template_ESP2_LigierJSP2BODYEXTRA.psd

in Photoshop go to:
    Channels (on the right of Levels)

and push "create new channel", basically the third button, the one before the waste can: new channel "Alpha 1" will be created.
    Now your skin has the alpha layer, and so the right reflection.

If you want to explain this topic you can find a stunning tutorial by LeSunTzu at Nogrip Forum, that was helpful to me to understand how to use alpha channel.

Concerning the helmet, you can find the template in this page:
    http://www.enduracers.com/downloads_es.html
    Here's the direct link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6lyvkfd7j2eaann/Enduracers_ES_Helmet.rar?dl=0

Cheers

12. lokidan

lokidan Registered

I get a sorta Raceroom tyre ffb with this. almost like a swaying like in the FLat 6 mod. Other cars seem fine especially not in that way?!. Feels like an overpowering self aligning torque. Hard to steer precisely.

AK1504 and Guimengo like this.
  13. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

I'm not sure if i understand what you are saying lokidan, but imo the ffb of these cars are among the best in rf2.

14. lokidan

lokidan Registered

its hard to explain but i had the same problem with early Raceroom cars, you drive down a straight and turn the wheel - and you get a force that feels to strong - trying to push the against the way your turning, which then forces you to overcorrect the other way.

AK1504 likes this.
  15. bhendrik

bhendrik Registered

That''s called understeer .
    Seriously: still don't know what you mean exactly. Could be related to your wheel: sensetive steering in control settings.

16. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

It could be that these cars might have stronger damping ffb effect compared to some other gt cars.

lokidan likes this.
  17. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Hello all, Kloche indicated me some league have trouble to create Virtual Ride, so I put here a manual way to make them with an example on the ES mod / Oreca03 Nissan

1/ Where are put the Virtual Rides
    So, the virtual ride you create are set in the the UserData\player\Settings\ of you game.
    For each mod, there is a folder created that correspond to the component name.
    For the Endurance Series, it's ER_ESrF2
    So your virtual rides will be in this folder for the ES mod: UserData\player\Settings\ER_ESrF2

2/ Select and prepare from existing car in the mod
    Each time you want to create virtual ride, you need to create a folder and a file.rcd corresponding.
    We will take an example for an Oreca03 car.
    A virtual ride, is a custom car based on an existing car in the mod/game.

So first step, is to choose in game the car you want to start from because you virtual ride will inherit default part from this one (color of rims, tire brands, ...) .
    To found all the car available in the mod, got to Installed\Vehicles\ER_ESrF2\1.00\
    We are working on an Oreca03, so I will uncompress the ESP2_ORECA03_TEAM.mas (in a temporary directory) with the Mas2.exe tool (found it here Support\Tools\ )
    All the *TEAM.mas are not encrypted and can be extracted to check the important information to do skins.

Now you have all the .veh for the Oreca03. A .veh is the description of a car in the mod.
    I make a search in file of the information seen in game, like the name of the Team: 14WEC SMP Racing #27
    I found that is the file: ESP2_ORECA03_144027.VEH

Now I'm able to create manually my Virtual Ride based on ESP2_ORECA03_144027.VEH.

3/ Doing my own Virtual Ride

3.1/ Doing the .rcd file
    So a Virtual Ride start with a .rcd fil.

The content of a .rcd is:

Code:
    //[[gMa1.002f (c)2016    ]] [[            ]]
    EnduSeries
    {
      ESP2_ORECA03_441
      {
        Team = HL Racing
        Component = ER_ESrF2
        Skin = ESP2_ORECA03_441.mas
        VehFile = ESP2_ORECA03_144027.VEH
        Description = PRIVATE - #441 HL Racing
        Number = 441
      }
    }

The description of the fields is:
    ESP2_ORECA03_441 => Technically, it's Driver name and name of the associated folder where the skin is for the .rcd (On our online league, we use unique technical name based on unique numbers)
    Team => The name of the team you want to get in game
    Component => The name of the component (mod) you use to apply the virtual ride
    Skin => The name of skin.dds or skin.mas (see after for details)
    VehFile => The name of the .veh used in reference from the mod
    Description => The name you want to see in game when selecting a car
    Number => The number of the car (that will be use in game)

3.2/ Doing the skin .mas file
    Now to complete the virtual ride , we need a folder containing the skin in addition of the .rcd
    So we will put the skin into a folder named ESP2_ORECA03_441 to be compliant with our .rcd informations

A skin can be a stand alone .dds, but for the Endurance Series shall be in a .mas because for a car there are several parts to compose a whole car.
    To know the names of these parts, open the ESP2_ORECA03_144027.VEH and read the comments, you see:
    Extra0="EXTRABODY"
    Extra1="CHASSIS"
    Extra2="STIKERS"
    Extra3="EXTRABODY2"
    Extra4="EXTRABODY2"
    Extra5="RIMS"
    Extra6="HELMET"
    Extra7="CHASSIS"
    Extra8="RIMSBLACK"

This indicates for example, if you want to make a skin, you have to pain the body, and the extrabody and the extrabody2.
    Som whant also to customize the helment and the driver suit, each lead to get a .dds file, then all have to be in a single .mas

So, I prepare my skin like this:
    ESP2_ORECA03_441.dds
    ESP2_ORECA03_441EXTRABODY.dds
    ESP2_ORECA03_441EXTRABODY2.dds
    ESP2_ORECA03_441HELMET.dds
    ESP2_ORECA03_441DRIVER.dds

Then I put these files in ESP2_ORECA03_441.mas with Mas2.exe

3.3/ What I need to get at the end
    So now you are able to test you skin in game, you must have in your directories:
    UserData\player\Settings\ER_ESrF2\ESP2_ORECA03_441.rcd
    UserData\player\Settings\ER_ESrF2\ESP2_ORECA03_441\ESP2_ORECA03_441.mas

4/ Testing my Virtual Ride
    Got to the mod, and you will see an additionnal team named: PRIVATE - #441 HL Racing
    [​IMG]
    You will see it using the Tuning button
    [​IMG]

Hope this help you. This can be applied to any mod.
    If you have questions don't hesitate

sg333 and Gijs van Elderen like this.
  18. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

BMW M3 E92 easily the best modern car i have drive in RF2
    this car has attitude.

Korva7 likes this.
  19. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

Gotta say thank you once again to the EnduRacers team. I've been driving the RSR around Nords all weekend.
    Have to say it's one of the most thrilling combinations of car and track I've experienced in sim racing.
    Just a pleasure to drive. :)

Korva7 likes this.
  20. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Anyone had issues with the Steam Workshop installation?
    I downloaded it over night, loaded up RF2 and it installed but didn't appear in game, exited then restarted RF2 and it goes through the "Verying Files" for this mod but does it a couple of times. When looking at the ER_ESrF2 folder there's a lot of files in there with 0kb. Restarted steam and it just goes through the motions again, won't properly install at all, thanks for any help.

Edit: Fear Not it was a Schoolboy Error as I had ran out of SSD space, shame Steam doesn't give a sufficient warning as that would've made it blatantly clear! My Apologies.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
    gneffio likes this.