rFactor 2 gets a boost as ISI announce a partnership with Luminis

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Sep 16, 2016.

1. F1 2004

F1 2004 Registered

Indycar :D

2. Lenniepen

Lenniepen Registered

The statement is:
    "Not rf3" is another racing title, but it's something different from rf1 and 2 enough that it's appealing for the coders to go and do that."

I would think that a big licensed game, like Indycar for example, is not that much different coding-wise. It would be similar as rF2, just with different content (=not coding).
    For 'not rf3', ISI are focusing on different aspects than the aspects that Studio397 will be working on in the future.

Therefore my guess is that they are looking at something way different, meaning a different racing type like Rally or Motorcycles.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2016
  3. sg333

sg333 Registered

I agree with this; something different enough that it was worth 'offloading' RF2 if RF2's physics were different enough

4. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Maybe endurance series WEC?

Would make sense given the features they developed to rf2.

5. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

Very disappointed that the rF2 tyre model will be replaced by something 'simpler'.
    Would've rather see a more 'user friendly' tyre tool that could produce rF2 standard tyres,
    rather than the 'too hard, let's tweak rf1 tyres instead' scenario that they're now going
    to implement.
    The other 'improvements', will be good if done well. Lets wait and see...

6. Lenniepen

Lenniepen Registered

That assumption is not correct.

Quote from Marcel Offermans at Racedepartment forum:
    "If I may clarify my thoughts here a bit, as I feel there might be some misunderstanding:

1. The tyre model in rF2 is a great and really advanced model and our physics guys (Michael and Marek) obviously get great results with it. We will not drop it at all. In fact all current and future car physics we make will continue to use this model. You probably have seen the recent blog series about the BT44B that explains a lot about this model.

2. We are considering allowing the rF1 tyre model as an option for specific cars because we are aware that certain highly respected physics gurus get great results out of that model based on the models and data they have for real world cars.

3. In fact, in the future, if other tyre models emerge, we could consider integrating those as an option as well. The main thing to remember is that we're trying to be an open platform to the community. Yes, we are committed to providing the most realistic simulation. That will never change.
    "

7. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Then you will be glad to read the rF1 tyre model will be an addition to rF2 instead of a replacement. The idea behind that is that modders who have problems with the rF2 tyre model, usually state that as the primary reason for them not doing anything with rF2.

You can read info on this in the RD interviews :)

8. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Nvm lol, ninjaed :D

9. Nibo

Nibo Registered

rF2 tire model will not be replaced. They were only discussing idea for rF1 model be functional alongside rF2 model for older content compatibility. We don`t know even if this gone further then discussions. Lets wait for interview with Marcel for more details.

UPD. Haha, triggered so many reactions.

10. peterchen

peterchen Registered

LOL! Again one of this guys who just read one line or so and at all costs want to write a coment!
    Lets hope he didnt spread this false-info all over the web! *facepalm*

11. Miro

Miro Registered

Who are those modders please? Where are they, who are those they have spoken to?

No tire addition in that case will change the public perception of rF2 neither will no number after DX nor your next NSX or corvette.
    As long the way how rF2 publicaly is promoted wont change nothing will change.

rF2 is not promoted with confidence nor proudness apart from one post in 5 years of Gjon in this very own forums. Even rF2 users are told not to step on others feet in any way bc that is bad bad bad. Do you see any rF2 users discussing rF2 on public boards bc I can not see any. All I see are fans of other games waving it by and the rF2 users have more or less to hide behind rocks in their very own dedicated forums and even barely there rF2 gets discussed.

All this announced stuff will not change a thing as long this not changes. Now they will try to bring some I don't know who to rF2 in hope that will safe the day, well no it wont. You will have your next single car and your next single video on Youtube and that is it. As long as ISI does not step up or now 397 and is capable of saying why rF2 is aweosme nobody else will nor will the userbase have the confidence. Looking at this promo video which was promoted through 6 more or less official rF2 chanells they were not capable of telling who they are talking about in this movie/video/docu. Bet you my little thin arse that that would not be the case if there was a superstar iRacing team behind. It would have been mentioned at least 20 times.

The way the existing userbase gets treated nothing will change neither can u expect this userbase to extend. You'll try to bring new ones in to the game and they will be suffering the same syndrom.

The complete contrast to this is what Marco from AC does, I mean this guy is freaking able to tell he is proud of his product in every post and is able to highlight it's strengths in every single post. This reflects also on the userbase. As long nohting changes in this regard rF2 users will still be the akward bunch of people hiding behind rocks which are not even capable of saying they like the freking game in public otherwise they will be hunted through the floor. This is probably something noone wants to admit but it is just like that, like it or not.
    No change there, no change anywhere, no dx20 no VR support and no guru is going to change this. Believe it or not. rF2 users have been let down for far to long by ISI and as it seems nothing is going to change in this regard.

I hate to be the guy who is saying this but there you go, stone me.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2016
  12. Nibo

Nibo Registered

We`ll stone you with the rocks behind which we are hiding :)

Seriously, to say that nothing will happen or that everything we are dreaming will happen makes no sense right now. We should wait and see. These are not random people in new Studio, they worked on Automobilista and on some parts of rF2 before.

13. Miro

Miro Registered

Well yeah, you are right. It will probably change just as much as the switch to Steam did and the new UI did. :p Sorry had to, but I get your point.

14. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

IMO if rF1 tire model was available since day 1 of current tire model pepole would have moved from rF1 already and probably would have created tools to convert tires to current model faster. Not allowing it to be used was just dumb. Even if people didn't use current model you'd at least have them moving to rF2, in the end win win for ISI and the whole community, more people is always good

15. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

You can use tyre model from rF1 - but only in Dev Mode. That means though, you can convert physics with tyres to rF2 with just a few minor changes and continue development of the car from that point. What you can't do, is to use those rF1 tyres in a standard rF2.

16. Promag

Promag Registered

and GO!!!

17. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Can anyone spot the pessimist? it's not hard is it!

How about we wait and see rather than trying to predict the future?

Not everything is doom and gloom!! Lighten up!

18. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Calm down Mrslfrsl:) You just dont know at the moment what will change and what wont!
    I dont think that Studio397 will repeat the heavy mistakes ISI did.
    They have to push the features and tell everybody how good that is! Otherwise - you are right - nobody will leave theire old sim for the "new" rF2. You have to bring arguments.
    But like I said: they will be smart enough for that. The european business-mentality will be good for rF2.

For the tyre model: I personally dont think that the ability to use rF1-tyres would be a proper argument for anybody (users+modders) to switch to rF2. Not at this point. Maybe it would have been when it where an option right from the beginning. But now its waaaaaay too late.
    The point is: if you want to attract modders, do something for them! Make it easy for them!
    Provide good and solid modding-tools and databases!
    I would go THAT far to offer a full fletched track-editor for example! You can charge for it, no problem!
    But the opportunity and possibility itself would attract thousands of people who wants to create something. Many people would try that. And it would push rF2 as a whole miles forward!

Glad to hear by the way that they see the necessity for a whole series in rF2! Very good! Makes me exciting!

Nothing more to say for me: provide the proper tools, provide nice visual possibilities (modding is always presentation!) and modders will come!

19. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Always funny to see this suggested by non-modders ;)
    No offence, with GJED, there are numerous tools available. Sometimes you just have to put in the time and acquire the skills to build something...

20. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Who says I do no modding? :)
    Just cant do 3D-graphic-stuff, like most others. So something like a full editor would help! :)
    With GJED you cant do a full track, you know!? :)