rFactor 2 gets a boost as ISI announce a partnership with Luminis

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Sep 16, 2016.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

https://www.luminis.eu/blog/rfactor-2-gets-boost-isi-announce-partnership-luminis/
    (Chris is at Simracing Expo, so I said I would post this for him.)

September 16th, 2016, Image Space Incorporated (ISI) of Michigan and the developer of the rFactor 2 simulated racing platform, today announced a strategic partnership with the Dutch software group Luminis to accelerate rFactor 2’s development. The partnership will be brought into a new company: Studio 397.

Gjon Camaj, Vice President of Image Space Incorporated: “We at ISI are very pleased to have found a partner that shares our enthusiasm and vision for the continued growth of rFactor 2. We look forward to working with Luminis to expand the reach of rFactor 2 both in Europe and beyond. After having worked with Luminis for some time and seeing their passion for motorsport simulation, this partnership was a natural next step. By leveraging each of our company’s individual strengths, we will be better able to serve our current customers and further expand our reach into the world of motorsports.”

Marcel Offermans, Luminis Fellow and Managing Director of Studio 397: “I am really excited by the opportunities that our partnership with ISI offers; rFactor 2 represents the best of breed simulator platform in the industry. Online simracing has been my longtime personal passion, so the opportunity to combine it with my business feels like a great privilege. By infusing the platform with some of our own technology we see great opportunities to accelerate development in general and specifically in the areas of competitions and training.”

The new partnership plans to release an ambitious roadmap for rFactor 2’s further development shortly; initial plans include improvements to the user interface, a DX11 based graphics engine including VR support and new propositions for strategic partners by the end of 2016, as well as increasing the frequency of new car and track releases.

ISI is a Michigan-based corporation focused on applying engineering expertise to develop a range of simulator products. It is the developer and owner of a variety of software products including rFactor, rFactor 2 and rFactor Pro.

Luminis is a Dutch based software technology company employing 150 developers in the Netherlands and UK. It develops advanced technical software related to cloud computing, data sciences and interconnected devices. Luminis also developed and exploits the Summar.io personalized educational platform.

Studio 397 will have its headquarters in Apeldoorn, the Netherlands and will operate under the leadership of Marcel Offermans.

[​IMG]
    Gjon Camaj (left) of ISI and Hans Bossenbroek (right) of Luminis

noyasystem, vegaguy5555 and AK1504 like this.
  2. Comante

Comante Registered

That's look really promising!

3. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

How exciting! Looking forward to seeing what this partnership will deliver for rF2.

4. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

Bucking frilliant!

Everyone I race with so far is very excited about this. What a move forward this will be.

5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

A question has come to mind:

It's been noted by Chris that things are being worked on "for the next build" so to speak in various threads, will that Build be the final ISI released one? Or has that been handed over to Luminis to release? ta

6. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Yippiiiee! finally this fine program is in hopefully better and more professional hands!
    Just lets hope that rF2 isnt totally vanished from simracers Radar before the changes are accessible.

7. Promag

Promag Registered

Seems like natural evolution for a company that has developed good tech. It doesn't seem like a life preserver to me, have always thought ISI was just trying to get their tech right before moving to the next level. A refreshing concept.

Edit: Hope you have a plan for that logo. In the science of art, you should never put red next to blue without a divider, usually white, because the brain cannot see both together, it sees them separately. It is evident with the red and blue of 3d glasses. It is scientifically an immediate and subconscious negative to the human brain. Just a thought.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2016
  8. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Studio 397 can manage releases already.

9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Cool thanks :)

10. F1 2004

F1 2004 Registered

Great news! I'm so happy for you guys. You deserved that! :)

11. rogue22

rogue22 Registered

Awesome!

12. lespaul20

lespaul20 Registered

Tim - Some questions:

I assume this means ISI is no longer an entity? What happens to this forum? How much of the ISI staff are continuing with Studio 397?
    I notice the Studio 397 site only shows Steam download? Would it be prudent to switch to the Steam version if I'm still on the standalone version?

Thanks

13. MarcG

MarcG Registered

You assume wrong, it clearly states it's a partnership not a takeover :)

14. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Further updates will be Steam only now anyway.

15. sg333

sg333 Registered

Great news! :) Great hope for the future of an awesome product

16. Jeferson Richart

Jeferson Richart Registered

17. bravotangosix

bravotangosix Registered

First off. We need a comment 'Like' button in these forums! Secondly. I'm really, REALLY excited for this and what the future holds regarding what is the greatest piece of software I've ever grabbed by the wheel. Very best of luck people. {how was this kept quiet?!)

18. boblevieux

boblevieux Registered

Good news :)

19. Yotan

Yotan Registered

Thanks for the good news.
    But I am more glad if can use Explicit Multi Adapter(EMA) of DX12.

20. Lenniepen

Lenniepen Registered

This is exciting news!
    I'm curious to know if DX11 means the same graphics/shaders, but running more efficiently (=higher FPS) or a new graphics-engine with new shaders.